W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgestar sure does make good paperweights!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Thumbs down Forgestar sure does make good paperweights!

Long story short, my wheels were not even CLOSE to fitting. The front wheels wouldn't clear the dust cap on the hub, OR the brakes, and the rears offset was all wrong. It stuck out almost an inch from the fender... The Guy over at forgestar claims the wrong model of Mercedes got passed down to the production guys. SO. Now I get to wait another 4-6 weeks for the RIGHT wheels.

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 02-08-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
W212 E63
That sucks. What wheels did you order, size?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
That's sucks bro! I'm telling you, once all this **** is over, you will finally be able to just enjoy her. Good luck!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Why wait? Get another set, it's their **** up. Plus everyone has those wheels lol.
4-6 weeks of wait is a joke. You won't be happy with them in 18" anyway.
Get a set of 19" elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Im sure they have something in stock thats 18s.. Id complain until they get you a set in 2-3 weeks.. 6 weeks is ridiculous since it was there mistake.. Maybe they have some cf5's laying around.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
I had a huge mix up ordering some cf5s last spring. Ended up canceling my order after 6 weeks and getting cls rims instead.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
how retarded! send 'em back, do business elsewhere!
if you continue to do business with them, that's rewarding
them for fookin' your hard earned money up!

should've of called HRE
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Where did you order them from?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
You won't be happy with them in 18" anyway.
What are you saying man?! Haha...I love my 18" F14s especially with them wrapped in 265s (f) and 285s (r). However, I do agree with you on the wait factor; it really sucks.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Damn that sucks. Does this mean your car is going to be off-road for a few weeks now, or do you have your original wheels to at least use?

Yeah I agree with the others, you should send them back for a refund and do business elsewhere...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by TheVazha
That sucks. What wheels did you order, size?
Matte black Forgestar F14's in 18'
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
That's sucks bro! I'm telling you, once all this **** is over, you will finally be able to just enjoy her. Good luck!
I know! I don't know why things keep stopping me from the beast! Maybe karma from thinking about racing an SRT-4
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
Why wait? Get another set, it's their **** up. Plus everyone has those wheels lol.
4-6 weeks of wait is a joke. You won't be happy with them in 18" anyway.
Get a set of 19" elsewhere.
For the sake of my crappy roads and ride comfort, I want to stay with 18s. But yes, it is completely 100% their fault this happened, and I have been in contact with them a lot today regarding it.
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Im sure they have something in stock thats 18s.. Id complain until they get you a set in 2-3 weeks.. 6 weeks is ridiculous since it was there mistake.. Maybe they have some cf5's laying around.
They actually tried to make me take a set of F10's in white over MY matte black F14s... I gave them a few four lettered words, and they droped that idea.. LOL
Originally Posted by hyperion667
how retarded! send 'em back, do business elsewhere!
if you continue to do business with them, that's rewarding
them for fookin' your hard earned money up!

should've of called HRE
I know, but I just LOVE the look of black F14s on my tectite grey car. It's like its made to be that way. If it werent for dr_brains510, I might not have F14s. I just LOVED how his look, and I especially love mine. If they would fit that is...
Originally Posted by shardul
Where did you order them from?
My tire place ordered them from some wheel company that then gets their supply from Forgestar.
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
What are you saying man?! Haha...I love my 18" F14s especially with them wrapped in 265s (f) and 285s (r). However, I do agree with you on the wait factor; it really sucks.
Yea. I ordered 285 rears too, do you have any rubbing?
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
Damn that sucks. Does this mean your car is going to be off-road for a few weeks now, or do you have your original wheels to at least use?

Yeah I agree with the others, you should send them back for a refund and do business elsewhere...
I still have my stock rims and crappy dunlop/regal tires.

In my conversations w/ Forgestar, NOT the people who ACTUALLY ordered the wheels, they have been EXTREMELY helpful. They realized how long it took to get these, and were upset some one goofed. So here's what they're doing. They are making custom spacers for the rear the get them on, and are going to send me another 2 F14s that aren't painted to test for fitment over my front brakes and dust cap, then if they fit, take another 2 NEW F14s and hit em matte black. They told me I should have the trial spacers on Tuesday, and test wheel Monday. I just hope they didn't overlook longer lug nuts..

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 02-09-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
In my conversations w/ Forgestar, NOT the people who ACTUALLY ordered the wheels, they have been EXTREMELY helpful. They realized how long it took to get these, and were upset some one goofed. So here's what they're doing. They are making custom spacers for the rear the get them on, and are going to send me another 2 F14s that aren't painted to test for fitment over my front brakes and dust cap, then if they fit, take another 2 NEW F14s and hit em matte black. They told me I should have the trial spacers on Tuesday, and test wheel Monday. I just hope they didn't overlook longer lug nuts..
Considering the net posted issues they had with their wheels, timeframe, etc, I'd document everything and not let them get away with anything.

IMHO they will try the cheapest, for them, route to get out of this.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch

IMHO they will try the cheapest, for them, route to get out of this.
That's why theyre making spacers. A proper fitting wheel does not require spacers, especially when you order it to the specs of your car.

Edit: one more thing I don't understand is how they can give you spacers to make the rear wheels work when you said they stuck out more than an inch from the fender.

Last edited by desired_speeds; 02-09-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Many tire chains will not even touch a car with spacers. I have run quality spacers on other cars in the past with no issues, just stating..... Hope it all works out.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
They are making custom spacers for the rear the get them on, ....... They told me I should have the trial spacers on Tuesday, and test wheel Monday. I just hope they didn't overlook longer lug nuts..
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
.....one more thing I don't understand is how they can give you spacers to make the rear wheels work when you said they stuck out more than an inch from the fender.
Its a new spacer that they have developed to take care of just such issues.

Similar to the weight savings they first proclaimed only to have people find out afterwards that the wheels didn't have the correct load rating for their cars.

What I don't get here is the fact that they have built wheels for these cars in the past and therefore should have all the necessary specs; build and otherwise. Sounds like somebody is trying to blow smoke up you know what, hoping to catch someone unaware.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I will call them again to bring this up, I don't want spacers anymore... The rear wheel is an inch IN from the fender, not out, sorry for not being specific. But now I need to get a hold of them on this and get the RIGHT wheels or full refund...
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Ok, I called Forgestar and left a message, but I want backup plans. Can you guys suggest wheels for me for close to the $1,800 I have into the forgestars? Post pictures in possible. I would LOVE HRE's but they are wayyyyyy expensive for the ones I like. I would really prefer to stay under $2000. Moneys tight after all these last minute problems... Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Ok, I called Forgestar and left a message, but I want backup plans. Can you guys suggest wheels for me for close to the $1,800 I have into the forgestars? Post pictures in possible. I would LOVE HRE's but they are wayyyyyy expensive for the ones I like. I would really prefer to stay under $2000. Moneys tight after all these last minute problems... Thanks in advance!
Forgestar has to have a dealer somewhere that has a wheel set in a size that you want and without need for spacers. Here is an example. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ack-stock.html. This is how I got Forgestars without waiting. Here was a dealer that had a wheel in stock. Forgestar should be able to IMMEDIATELY get a wheel in the size needed by contacting one of their dealers and inquire the dealers inventory. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I am trying to find some F14's in matte black or gunmetal ready to ship, but nothing yet.. Ill keep looking though!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Update: Turns out the people I have been in contact with are not even from Forgestar! They are a "Forgestar distributor"... I contacted the REAL forgestar about the issue, and they too say, that this is 100% distributor fault. He also pointed out that he has personally seen 2003 E55 AMGs with forgestar wheels, in size 20X10.5 (HUGE) with NO fitment issues or rubbing on their offsets. I am calling back these idiots (distributor) at around 1:30 to tell them to shove the spacers somewhere the sun doesn't shine.

I KNEW something was up with the spacers, especially when Forgestars own warranty card says running them WILL VOID the warranty.. So now I am pushing for refund and going DIRECTLY through the REAL forgestar. I should sue them for pain and suffering for teasing me with wrong sized wheels.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Thought I might as well update again. I spoke with Forgestar for a good hour on the phone regarding the matter, and they took it in to their own hands, and will go after the distributor for the wrong wheels. But 3 more weeks, and I will have wheels that actually fit. He even let me keep the goodies that came with the wrong wheels. And said I will get more, including a different style center cap.

So far, I am blown away with the customer service at Forgestar! Through exchanging Emails and calls with them, I must say, they really do take care of customers. Five stars for Forgestar!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Wow, sorry to hear about all the problems. I thought most were pretty happy with thier Forgstar wheels and transactions. I need some wheels bad, but just never pull the trigger.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 CLK55 ///AMG
Thought I might as well update again. I spoke with Forgestar for a good hour on the phone regarding the matter, and they took it in to their own hands, and will go after the distributor for the wrong wheels. But 3 more weeks, and I will have wheels that actually fit. He even let me keep the goodies that came with the wrong wheels. And said I will get more, including a different style center cap.

So far, I am blown away with the customer service at Forgestar! Through exchanging Emails and calls with them, I must say, they really do take care of customers. Five stars for Forgestar!
I agree. When I was looking for the help with my CF5s, Kenneth @ Forgestar was all over customer service and I was not even looking to buy.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E55
Yea. I ordered 285 rears too, do you have any rubbing?
Nope. I was more concerned that my fronts would rub because I switched from 255s to 265s on my 18" wheels but the ride quality improved greatly. My car is lowered as well and I use to scrape my cf front lip with my 255s but with the 265s on, I have zero problems.

Last edited by dr_brains510; 02-14-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time

Maybe you should update your initial post and thread title to "I f'd up and bought rims through a bad distributor..." or "I don't know how to reach the manufacturer..." or "I ordered the wrong rims...." Sorry to be harsh, but your thread starts off implying Forgestar screwed up, when in fact it was a wheel shop / distributor and you that made the mistake...Had you done your research, you would have known exactly who to buy them from and what size to order....That said, I am glad you finally called Forgestar and they are taking care of you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forgestar sure does make good paperweights!