Need help everyone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Question Need help everyone!

Ive got quite few problems with my car for the last two days

When I accelerate hard to feel more torque I can feel strong smell of gasoline inside, also I can smell it when just stopping on a red light or stop sign (after few seconds of standing). More to say when i get into the car (after it was sittin parked even for two minutes) I can smell it so strong that my eyes start getting wet

When I popped the hood few hrs ago i noticed that one of inlet tubes are loose, that i can just take it with my fingers and move all the way in and out, dont know if its related but just wanna know if it has to be firmly sitting there or doesnt matter? The second inlet tube is sitting good ...

Could inlet tubes be a reason of the car pushing back when downshifts?

And the last one which im not sure if related but after i smelt gas inside, my brakes tend to brake more smoothly and they make odd noise from time to time (sound of air coming out from baloon).

Would aprecciate ANY help from you guys,
Thanks a lot and sorry if my English sucks
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
No clue what this means? Car pushing back when downshifts? Can you try and explain more?

Could inlet tubes be a reason of the car pushing back when downshifts?
As for the gas smell, pop you rear seat out (the part you sit on) with little tabs holding it down, easy to do. There are fuel tank lids under the seat, get at those and see if there is fuel sitting on the top of your tank from a leaking fitting on one of the lines or a leaking gasket around where the fuel pump seals, etc, there is one on both driver and passenger side. That is most likely where your fuel smell is coming from. And no your air inlet tube being loose has zero to do with this or anything for that matter.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
+1, check under the back seat. All it takes is literally a 10mm socket and screwdriver/ratchet. And inlet tube means nothing, just loose. no biggie. But the car pushes back on downshift? Explain more, I don't understand either. And the air noise when braking, more details? I know you say it sounds like a balloon, but under heavy braking, light braking? More details, the better. Hopefully its nothing.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the leaking fuel tank club...... The club nobody wants to join around here.

I guarantee that you have a puddle of fuel under the rear seat area. Do a search for NHTSA Fuel Leak for the background, and photos of how to pull the seat and inspection covers. Take photos and file an official claim on the NHTSA website. Post up your ODI# and I will add you to the official running list (close to 80 confirmed cases on the E55 model).

-G

Last edited by GregMB; 02-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
use the search function regarding the gas issue. lots of reading for you about that issue.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
here you go. it was at the top of the list after posting.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...leaks-e55.html
Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
The sound from your brakes is the SBC electric pump running. It's normal. With the engine off pump the brakes 10-20 times and you will hear it under the hood.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I think the sound of air coming out of ballon is the usual squeaking of our brakes. Well it comes from cars which still have stock brake pads and it makes that spueaking noises and it's perfectly normal. You must be thinking how come a luxury car making this sound ? but it's normal.

For gas smell just do as others advised, it has come to a time that even that is called perfectly normal now.

You would feel car pushing back when you downshift cuz you are downshifting and smaller gear coming in and it feels like it's pushing back.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
If the brakes are making a "plunger-squish" type noise, usually sounding from underneath the car or towards the rear when pumping the pedal, this means you have some air in the lines.