Sponsored by:

It may be time to say Good Bye to the Ole 55 *Engine Damage*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 e55 amg
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
If the engine does totally blow out on me, I am almost certain I will replace the WHOLE motor, then have the blown one to hopefully fix and do something with. Anybody know if an M113 will fit into a 190e? lmao
anything is possible, and that would be a sick build
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by emoving
Get a V!!!!!
That's a hell of an idea
Old 02-24-2013, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by AgSilver

You know it's serious when the flakes have part numbers on them. There is the possibility of an anomaly or contamination. Check it again in 500 miles.
Hahahaha no part #s, so I am golden..
I will be checking again soon. Most likely about 1000 miles.
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Drive the car. If it's not misfiring or knocking I wouldn't worry about it. And don't go so long without an oil change. 10k miles or 1 year with less miles with the FACTORY filter and synthetic oil is ok, I prefer to change mine every 5k due to the Florida heat and my driving style. The service reminder on the dash "should be" idiot proof.
My usual is 6-7K miles. Just forgot to see if the dealer did it before. And I can't for the life of me get the FSS system to work. I tried the DIYs, and ended up getting some error saying the service memory was full. I just gave up. I think I need a STAR to clear it up.
Originally Posted by MACH-E55
anything is possible, and that would be a sick build
It would indeed be sick. The torque would most likely destroy the car though. Maybe an M113 sans supercharger would do it, then sell off the SC for fabrication costs.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Sorry to hear this man. I hope all goes well for you with the car, in whatever you decide.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 983 Posts
This place is a joke.
Have your oil changed at the dealer and ask them to reset your FSS counter. Shouldn't cost more than about $90. I have never seen an FSS not work except once when the black reset knob on the cluster was inop. It's really a nice feature to monitor your oil change intervals. As for the rest of the maintanence schedule it never did work right from the factory.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Purchase a magnetic drain plug for your car, do a quick changeover when the oil is cold and then run the car for a few hundred miles, of course after topping up for any lose during the plug change. then drain and see what is stuck to the plug. Or you can epoxy a magnet close to the drain plug and then prior to removing the plug for oil change chisel the magnet off, silicone will also work and will remove easier. Any steel particulate will be attracted to the magnet and not circulated internally. External oil pressure reading will also assist you in determining bearing clearance issues, especially at idle from cold start to operating temp. Good Luck Heavier weight oil will extend the life of your engine but start driving conservative with no WOT unless you have friend in the bank or own the bank.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
How do I go about monitoring oil pressure?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Oil pressure switch is located near oil filter, but hopefully some one with total knowledge on the 55 platform will chime in. What was proposed is that the sender unit be removed and a T connection placed into the same threaded port the sender comes out of, replace the sender unit and on the other side of the T thread in a mechanical gauge so you can see what the pressure is cold and also what it is when hot both at idle. This will give you an idea of the condition of the rod and main bearings within the engine. Don't forget the magnetic plug to collect metal, knowing aluminum is not metallic draining through cheese cloth is also recommended. Hopefully all works out for you.