W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout-out to HG Motorsports in San Diego.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Thumbs up Shout-out to HG Motorsports in San Diego.

I am not affiliated with them; I used them and paid for the work.

Last summer I had KW coilovers installed on my E63 Wagon, which was a long and protracted process, I am not going to get into details of the harrowing experience, as I have settled this with the original shop; But when it was all said and done, the car was driving all over the place, literally jumping left and right under hard acceleration and the original shop was out of answers.

In comes HGMS.

I was driving by HGMS everyday on my way to work, one day after having read about them on MBWorld I stopped by and explained my issue. We agreed that, first, the car will be going through a diagnostic phase as there are so many non-stock parts in the suspension (K Mac bushings, KW coilovers, MB Art toe bar, car is lowered). 3 hours later, I was in front of a long list of issues that were left behind by the other shop. By then, they agree that fixing a number of theses issue will enable the car to ultimately be properly aligned. And they agree to take on the task.

It was not easy, all the KMac bushings have been removed (these are a complete POS), a LOT of the hardware was changed, some custom fabrication has to be done and a number of other details. Also 4 trips to the alignment rack.

During all this Dieter-Heinz at HGMS was extremely helpful and supporting, taking care of rental car and transportation, and not charging a penny more than what was originally agreed upon. What I respected the most with these guys, is their method, they didn’t agree to fix the car until they understand what the issue was, and the level of attention to detail (for instance every single hardware they fasten has a bit of yellow paint on it so we know if it has moved or not). Also, look at the shop in the blog pictures; you can eat on the work bench and on the floor...

Today, I got a lowered E63 Wagon running on KW coilovers with a perfect alignment, the car has been corner balanced and the suspension rebound is set to be nice and compliant, even maybe a bit softer than stock.

Finally.

http://hgmotorsports.com/
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Good to see end of the day you got what you paid for. Sorry to hear about the first shop not meeting expectations!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Their C55 is pretty impressive
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
They look to be about 10 minutes away.

What kind of dyno and how much for 3 runs?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
They have a dyno dynamics.