Kleemann Header Install RHD W211 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Kleemann Header Install RHD W211 E55

Hi guys,

I've had my E55 for about 9 months now and after detailed research am ready to start on my decided mod journey which should end with:

Kleemann K4 setup (Pulley, Headers, TB, Cams, Filters, Tune)
Quaife LSD (already done)
C63 Mufflers (already done)
550c Injectors, Fuel Rail Upgrade + Sparkies
IC Pump (already done)
Eurocharged H/E

I've read in numerous places that the Kleemann Headers need "slight modification" to fit RHD E55's.

Can anyone provide more detail on exactly what needs to be done? To the down pipe/s or main tubes? Will it create any restrictions in the pipes?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 W211 E55
Hi

Hey fellow Melbourne member. I am sort of the same bucket as you currently in the modding process. May I ask who fitted the Quaife LSD and how do you find it?

Just so you are aware there are extractors available from www.dpe.net.au in Melton, Victoria.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OZZYAMG
Hi

Hey fellow Melbourne member. I am sort of the same bucket as you currently in the modding process. May I ask who fitted the Quaife LSD and how do you find it?

Just so you are aware there are extractors available from www.dpe.net.au in Melton, Victoria.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Hi Mate,

I had Sharp Performance in South Melb fit the Quaife but was disappointed to find that they just removed the diff and sent it to some place in Sydney to do the center swap. Price was reasonable though, $1500.

Just make sure you order the right Quaife part, I have an early w211 which has the w210 diff! car ended up off the road for 3 weeks with the diff open while i had the LSD swapped from the supplier.

Either way, well worth it, I think I like my diff better than my car! puts power too the ground way better and i barely see that ESP light flash, even in the rain.

DPE (after negotiation) quoted same as Kleemann USA so i'm going to go with Kleemann.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 AM

03 W211 E55
Hi

Thanks for the heads up on me possibly having a W210 diff! May I ask do you know how can I tell if I have a W210 setup or not as I am considering the Quaife lsd unit.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OZZYAMG
Hi

Thanks for the heads up on me possibly having a W210 diff! May I ask do you know how can I tell if I have a W210 setup or not as I am considering the Quaife lsd unit.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
I found out by counting the teeth and comparing to quaife tech drawings once diff was already open but i'm sure theres an easier way!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 AM

03 W211 E55
Hi

Yeah I will have to find out if there is a way just by putting the car on a hoist and checking somehow without opening the diff up.

Regards,

OZZYAMG