W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec CLK55

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm

Bring the GoPro
Always do!

I'll call you later.

Ahmad, let's get a cold date set so we can both run.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'd prefer not to use something that I have to refill continuously whether it be meth or nitrous. I'd like the power on tap any time. Afterall it's a street car. It should be a mid 10 second car as is with a good 60' and I can only imagine what it will do with the IATs in check and possibly some weight taken out (at least the tools, jack, gun, etc)

Originally Posted by MindBend
What kinda A/F ratios are you seeing? EGT?
Low 11s/high 10s. I didn't check EGT's
Old 07-28-2013, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'd prefer not to use something that I have to refill continuously whether it be meth or nitrous. I'd like the power on tap any time. Afterall it's a street car. It should be a mid 10 second car as is with a good 60' and I can only imagine what it will do with the IATs in check and possibly some weight taken out (at least the tools, jack, gun, etc)

Low 11s/high 10s. I didn't check EGT's
Yeah, meth sucks! It always runs out at the wrong time.

Put the heads on and keep the gun in the car.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Yeah, meth sucks! It always runs out at the wrong time.

Put the heads on and keep the gun in the car.
Yea that's what I don't like about it!

Lol I might after I get the IAT's in check. Trying to decide what cams to run with the heads.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Ahmad, let's get a cold date set so we can both run.
You mean like November? I will talk to MIR and see when I can get a weekend after race season is over. Can't wait to see your beast run down the 1/4!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
I thought I'd not want something that I had to refill, but I don't find it a problem at all (not my daily driver though). I have it set no to come on 'til 9 psi. So, it's on reserve for when I really need it. (I have a small tank too, but a bigger one to be installed). Since the car's for sale, I've not been monkeying around with it too much.

FYI: I see similar AFRs w/o the meth, but it adds a bit so is about .5 point or so lower. Might not be making peak power, but it's safe.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I thought I'd not want something that I had to refill, but I don't find it a problem at all (not my daily driver though). I have it set no to come on 'til 9 psi. So, it's on reserve for when I really need it. (I have a small tank too, but a bigger one to be installed). Since the car's for sale, I've not been monkeying around with it too much.

FYI: I see similar AFRs w/o the meth, but it adds a bit so is about .5 point or so lower. Might not be making peak power, but it's safe.
I Think I'm Going To Have To Try It. Why Did You Go With The Stage 3 Meth Kit Over The Stage 1?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM

'05 E55
Cockpit adjustability and the ability to scale the delivery based on RPM and/or boost. You can set the "in point" and then design a curve of how much it sprays. I have mine set to start delivery at 9 psi (to stay outta the meth when just cruising) and it increases in scale 'til it eventually is full delivery at 12 psi.

There are multiple nozzle choices: I currently run one 625 ml/min nozzle, which works, but my math indicates that another 175 or 225 run in parallel would be ideal and help even more.

It's glee to watch the IAT actually drop when you go WOT!

Last week, some dude in a sport bike got to witness what it smells like burning as I ran him from a light. He was behind me spraying testosterone with throttle blipping, etc. So, as the light changed, I mashed it HARD...he started clinking gears and hung pretty well 'til 3rd. (which seems to be the sweet spot with the bigger blower). I continued to eat real estate like a Japanese movie monster, aerodynamics started taking a toll on him, and he began to fade at an ever increase rate. By the top of third I had AT LEAST 10-12 cars on him.

At the next light it was my turn to lift my leg as he pulled up behind me and I wailed the throttle a few times to increase his shame. Yep, sent him to Googling, I'm sure.

If you need some pix and/or some DIY tips, glad to help.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Cockpit adjustability and the ability to scale the delivery based on RPM and/or boost. You can set the "in point" and then design a curve of how much it sprays. I have mine set to start delivery at 9 psi (to stay outta the meth when just cruising) and it increases in scale 'til it eventually is full delivery at 12 psi.

There are multiple nozzle choices: I currently run one 625 ml/min nozzle, which works, but my math indicates that another 175 or 225 run in parallel would be ideal and help even more.

It's glee to watch the IAT actually drop when you go WOT!

Last week, some dude in a sport bike got to witness what it smells like burning as I ran him from a light. He was behind me spraying testosterone with throttle blipping, etc. So, as the light changed, I mashed it HARD...he started clinking gears and hung pretty well 'til 3rd. (which seems to be the sweet spot with the bigger blower). I continued to eat real estate like a Japanese movie monster, aerodynamics started taking a toll on him, and he began to fade at an ever increase rate. By the top of third I had AT LEAST 10-12 cars on him.

At the next light it was my turn to lift my leg as he pulled up behind me and I wailed the throttle a few times to increase his shame. Yep, sent him to Googling, I'm sure.

If you need some pix and/or some DIY tips, glad to help.
Gotcha. Well with a positive displacement blower the time it takes to go from 9PSI to max PSI is almost non-existent so I don't really think you can ramp it in. Thats why I was asking if the stage 3 really has any benefit over stage 1.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM

'05 E55
I found that it makes a difference for street driving. If you do a blip on the throttle, hitting part boost and let off, if you have too much meth it causes a hiccup. Allowing fine-tuning is key. If you are just mash-n-go, just an on-off switch is adequate, I'm sure.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Exactly. The K-mart blue light special kit is ok for drag racing where you are WOT the entire time and never see below 4000 rpm after the launch. Part throttle street use is where the modulated function is appreciated.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:11 PM

'05 E55
Not to mention, popping the hood and wrenching each time you wanna make a change isn't exactly much fun.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I never saw 9 PSI part throttle but I just ordered the stage 3 just in case

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-29-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Meth kit arrived yesterday and I installed it. Car is running rich and doesn't feel fast to me
Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
How do your IAT's look? You'll need to have some fuel cut back form the tune.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by PACougar
How do your IAT's look? You'll need to have some fuel cut back form the tune.
Haven't logged it yet with the meth. The blower does feel cooler to the touch after stopping. Yea but I can't do that, have to wait for Weistec.

I did log my 180 pulley E55 and CLK55 back to back yesterday prior to meth. The E55 is over 20 degrees cooler cruising and at lights and only hit 136 max IAT vs the horrible CLK temps. Don't think the IC is up to the task. Wonder what IAT's other 55's are seeing with the Whipple

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-04-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I couldn't agree more, their IC is way too small for that blower. From what I've seen from the other guys is the all have to had meth to keep the IAT's in a reasonable range. Now you just have to play the waiting game to get the retune.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Did some logging. Meth GREATLY reduced IAT's. Max I saw on consecutive pulls was under 120 and the SC was cold to the touch when I stopped. Will do some more logging another day. Car still doesn't feel fast to me although the passenger with the laptop said it was scary fast

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Did some logging. Meth GREATLY reduced IAT's. Max I saw on consecutive pulls was under 120 and the SC was cold to the touch when I stopped. Will do some more logging another day. Car still doesn't feel fast to me although the passenger with the laptop said it was scary fast
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your passenger is a ***** Where are the AFR's now? I'm betting you have a lot of power on the table.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I did log my 180 pulley E55 and CLK55 back to back yesterday prior to meth. The E55 is over 20 degrees cooler cruising and at lights and only hit 136 max IAT vs the horrible CLK temps. Don't think the IC is up to the task. Wonder what IAT's other 55's are seeing with the Whipple

The real problem with my setup (after we had resolved the plumbing issues) was that my IATs at idle and at cruising speeds were much too high -- way higher than I used to see on the stock blower. I'm repeating myself here, but in my case, I was seeing the type of results one would expect if the bypass valve was not opening in non-boost situations. Anyway, I'll be logging (without meth to start off with) as soon as I am up and running again (which will hopefully be soon).
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by PACougar
Your passenger is a ***** Where are the AFR's now? I'm betting you have a lot of power on the table.
Lol. AFR's are low 9s so yea it needs to be leaned out.
Originally Posted by ajm55
The real problem with my setup (after we had resolved the plumbing issues) was that my IATs at idle and at cruising speeds were much too high -- way higher than I used to see on the stock blower. I'm repeating myself here, but in my case, I was seeing the type of results one would expect if the bypass valve was not opening in non-boost situations. Anyway, I'll be logging (without meth to start off with) as soon as I am up and running again (which will hopefully be soon).
Yea I agree, cruising and idle temps are higher. But once you do a pull and it sprays the meth it actually cools things off even cruising/idle for quite some time after. I want to move my air filter up closer to the air inlet I have in the headlight and away from the motor. The IAT's are really hot even when the car sits lol. Let me know what results you find. Hope you are up and running soon as well. And we can get to the bottom of everything for the benefit of everyone else. I just ordered a bigger meth reservoir because I'm going through it so quick!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
With 9.xx AFR I wouldn't suggest driving under boost until you get that fixed at the risk of the rich condition washing the oil off the top piston ring.

It's got to be fogging like a diesel out the tailpipes under boost, no?

Either way, glad to see you making progress, maybe I'll get to see this thing Thursday!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
With 9.xx AFR I wouldn't suggest driving under boost until you get that fixed at the risk of the rich condition washing the oil off the top piston ring.

It's got to be fogging like a diesel out the tailpipes under boost, no?

Either way, glad to see you making progress, maybe I'll get to see this thing Thursday!
Yup. Sucks waiting.

I'm not really looking in the rear under wot since I'm focused in what's in front but I didn't notice any.

Yea I will bring it out. It's all beat up right now and needs some fresh paint but that will come after I make sure it runs right.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Yea I agree, cruising and idle temps are higher. But once you do a pull and it sprays the meth it actually cools things off even cruising/idle for quite some time after. I want to move my air filter up closer to the air inlet I have in the headlight and away from the motor. The IAT's are really hot even when the car sits lol. Let me know what results you find. Hope you are up and running soon as well. And we can get to the bottom of everything for the benefit of everyone else. I just ordered a bigger meth reservoir because I'm going through it so quick!
Never intended (and would still prefer not) to run meth but pleased to see that it is an effective last-resort option, should all else fail. I was given to understand that provided that I added a trunk tank, IATs would be kept well in check, so I'm gonna stick with that set up initially and do loads of logging to see where it takes me.

One (possibly significant) difference with my set up is that I was given the smaller upper pulley (I think 55mm) to run with my 168mm lower pulley in order to generate 17psi of boost at high altitude. No doubt, spinning the blower faster will create added heat. What boost and pulley combo are you running?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Weistec CLK55