W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does ECU tune also affect/revise throttle input mapping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Exclamation Does ECU tune also affect/revise throttle input mapping?

I am considering getting a throttle re-mapper, i.e., Sprint Booster or PedalBox. I understand these products simply adjusts/re-calibrates the throttle pedal's potentiometer to run a more aggressive curve instead of a flat, linear throttle input.

Given the prices of these products, however, does an ECU tune also revise/adjust the throttle position mapping? Would be nice if--two birds, one stone, etc.

Or, is an ECU tune strictly limited to revising just the fuel mapping? If an ECU tune does indeed revise the throttle input mapping, what other adjustments or changes are made (generally speaking, of course)?

My car is stock (other than axle back mufflers & K&N filters, so yes...stock).
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
An ECU can sharpen up the throttle, but it depends on the tuner/type of tune.

In most cars I've tuned, simply increasing the timing advance will provide sharper throttle input and of course more timing is given to increase power, so therefore sharper throttle is a by-product of power tuning (although not necessarily, blah blah blah)

My guess is that with an ECU tune, you'll be better off.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
I would like to know this too.
Judging by Posts of some users, directly after they applied a tune, it seems to be really sharpened up - however once driving down the road in Grandma-mode for some time, the car learns it again and you will have that lazy mode back.
Solution to this would be a throttle reset even now and then.

I really would like to know what the tuners here say about that?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Throttle response improvement from ECU tuning

Originally Posted by GunMoto
I am considering getting a throttle re-mapper, i.e., Sprint Booster or PedalBox. I understand these products simply adjusts/re-calibrates the throttle pedal's potentiometer to run a more aggressive curve instead of a flat, linear throttle input.

Given the prices of these products, however, does an ECU tune also revise/adjust the throttle position mapping? Would be nice if--two birds, one stone, etc.

Or, is an ECU tune strictly limited to revising just the fuel mapping? If an ECU tune does indeed revise the throttle input mapping, what other adjustments or changes are made (generally speaking, of course)?

My car is stock (other than axle back mufflers & K&N filters, so yes...stock).
Yes, throttle mapping is modified in tune upgrade to improve throttle response. From tuning we typically see gains of +35-50wHp & +30-50wTq to the wheels from dyno testing. Higher gains seen with modifications installed.

Features of the tune include:
• Improved Performance and Drivability
• Higher Torque request for TCU
• Speed limiter removal
• Improved throttle response
• Rpm and shifting limits can also be increased

The price price for an ecu tune is $595. We also offer a Flash Loader with 4 map pack (stock, valet, tuned premium pumpgas & 100oct Race) for $795. More information can be found here http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=727
With the purchase of a flash loader, your ECU does not need to be removed for tuning and you can switch between settings at you convenience.

TCU upgrades are also available for $395 (send in only).

All purchases also come with free reflashes should the dealership write over your tuned settings.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
^PM Sent.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW M3 Sedan 6MT - Silverstone II/Fox Red Extended
Can ECU and/or TCU tuning eliminate the 'auto-learn' feature that reacts and adapts to driving behavior so the car remains tuned 100% of the time regardless of driving habits?