Sponsored by:

Custom Tune TTM Vs. Flash Tune.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A box
Custom Tune TTM Vs. Flash Tune.

I recently Got a SC pulley , HE , New 010 Pump & Cut out the Secondaries and Resonator and will be doing the Split Cooling.

I was looking to Tune the Car. But was torn between If I should go with a Flash tune Ex. Eurocharged , OE , Logic Lab etc. OR should I got to TTM which is about a 1 Hour drive from me and have it Custom Tuned. There is a Price difference , logic is $299 , EC is $399 OE is i THINK $599. TTM quoted me $675. Im not concerned about the price I dont mind paying more for a BETTER TUNE. I know the EC tune makes Upward of 45WHP ( From what Jerry Told me), which is Great. Anyone Tuned by TTM ?

Thank
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by Qmax03
I recently Got a SC pulley , HE , New 010 Pump & Cut out the Secondaries and Resonator and will be doing the Split Cooling.

I was looking to Tune the Car. But was torn between If I should go with a Flash tune Ex. Eurocharged , OE , Logic Lab etc. OR should I got to TTM which is about a 1 Hour drive from me and have it Custom Tuned. There is a Price difference , logic is $299 , EC is $399 OE is i THINK $599. TTM quoted me $675. Im not concerned about the price I dont mind paying more for a BETTER TUNE. I know the EC tune makes Upward of 45WHP ( From what Jerry Told me), which is Great. Anyone Tuned by TTM ?

Thank
Bruce (TTM) is an hour from you, price is not issue, then why is this even a question / thread ????
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Bruce @ TTM is rock solid, although I have EC tune - but then again, I don't live < 1 hour from TTM

do it!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 PM

E55, G55, 1987 Kasten Wagen (2 door LWB G WAGON) 1991 e30 vert with euro M3 motor
Originally Posted by cij911
Bruce (TTM) is an hour from you, price is not issue, then why is this even a question / thread ????

maybe you missed it but hes asking what one is better and if anyone has had experience with TTM.
for almost twice the price is it twice as good? does it net almost twice the HP gains?
im not knocking it at all im just in the same boat and would like to know what tune would be best.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
I'd say a custom dyno tune is always the best way to go since it will be tweeked yo your individual car
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG

Last edited by MAN55LE; 03-24-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 AM

A box
Thank You Jack Preston. That's exactly what I was trying to Say.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
TTM doesn't tune. He was using OE. But OE had become unreliable and he is now using Eurocharged for his tuning. Customer service goes along way.

Don't get me wrong. Bruce knows how to mod, and is very good at what he's doing.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by SPatykAMG
I'd say a custom dyno tune is always the best way to go since it will be tweeked yo your individual car
^^^This and if possible a road tune.....TTM & Eurocharged are both rock solid
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 AM

A box
Thank You Redbulljunky - I just Spoke with Jerry Over PM, he told me the same thing. Looks like Ill be going with EC then.

I believe EC would also be able to do a road tune, From what Ive been reading i can LOG the car on Pulls send the files to EC and have then tune the car to the specific condition. If Im correct this is a WIN WIN situation , Save some extra $$$ and a Good tune.

Ill Keep this Thread Updates with what Tune I go with, and What I think about it.

Last edited by Qmax03; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Definitely get it road tuned if possible, nothing beats having it tuned for what it's meant to do.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
TTM doesn't tune. He was using OE. But OE had become unreliable and he is now using Eurocharged for his tuning. Customer service goes along way.

Don't get me wrong. Bruce knows how to mod, and is very good at what he's doing.
Fact
Ever since he tried to sell me ARH LT setup, it has made me think twice.

The setup has fitment issues and rubbing. He swore it was fine, many said other wise and suffered with it...good job i did not follow through as it would have been a cost and logistics nightmare

Heard from a guy
As for the story, others have heard other wise, something along the lines of TTM not paying up for tuning charges owed to his tuner

Bottom line...and i can say this with confidence, vendors on this board are just not up to scratch and generally just up and go. I can name at least 6 that were made out to be the beez wax, only to turn tail and screw multiple people over with time
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Thank You Redbulljunky - I just Spoke with Jerry Over PM, he told me the same thing. Looks like Ill be going with EC then.

I believe EC would also be able to do a road tune, From what Ive been reading i can LOG the car on Pulls send the files to EC and have then tune the car to the specific condition. If Im correct this is a WIN WIN situation , Save some extra $$$ and a Good tune.

Ill Keep this Thread Updates with what Tune I go with, and What I think about it.
Ohh thats new to me and sounds nice!
But isnt the key to a proper tune the AF Ratios? How to log them on the road?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
With just the s/c pulley, i would get just a flash tune. When you start adding more mods like headers/crank pulley/injectors/tb, then get a custom dyno tune.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Zod
Fact
Ever since he tried to sell me ARH LT setup, it has made me think twice.

Heard from a guy
As for the story, others have heard other wise, something along the lines of TTM not paying up for tuning charges owed to his tuner
:
Please explain how does someone try to sell you something without you inquiring or wanting to buy a product? I can't imagine Bruce calling you up and saying "bro I want you to but these headers" When I bought my MBH headers I asked fellow members their opinions on the build, fitment and customer service before I called MBH.

In my experience with TTM and tuning charges is that when I had Jeremy tune my ECU Bruce had me send the payment directly to Jeremy and the ECU to TTM since Jeremy was in town.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
the difference between e/c and bruce is about 300$ which woulod be bruces dyno time. doesnt matter who tunes your car if your on a dyno you pay for the dyno tune.

so using bruce would get you a e/c tune setup properly and if i know bruce he will look the car over and advise you of any issues he sees
Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Dyno tune, no matter the extent of mods, is ALWAYS better. Even with a S/C pulley (which adds a small amount of boost) should still be dyno tuned. As you said, money isn't an issue, then it shouldn't be a problem paying more and getting the car dialed in correctly, efficiently, and accurately.

Remember, every car is different, reacts different to mods/changes etc.

If you have the buck, dyno tune every time.

My .02
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 PM

A box
^ TTM tune by Bruce is NOT A DYNO TUNE. I spoke to him and he said he would tune it on the street. He also said a DYNO TUNE isnt as good as a street tune, since you RUN on the street Not on the dyno.

Im ordering a EC tune.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
^ TTM tune by Bruce is NOT A DYNO TUNE. I spoke to him and he said he would tune it on the street. He also said a DYNO TUNE isnt as good as a street tune, since you RUN on the street Not on the dyno.

Im ordering a EC tune.
street tune or dyno its the same. your paying for his time. e/c will send you a canned tune and then your going to have to log for any revisions. bruce uses e/c for his tunes. he is doing the datalogging for you and reflashing as needed

you really need to research more about tuning in general because your not grasping what your getting
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM

A box
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
street tune or dyno its the same. your paying for his time. e/c will send you a canned tune and then your going to have to log for any revisions. bruce uses e/c for his tunes. he is doing the datalogging for you and reflashing as needed

you really need to research more about tuning in general because your not grasping what your getting
I understand Im paying for his time, which is Fine with me. I know What a canned tune is and what a Custom tune is. Ive had many cars in the past that ive had dyno tuned/street tunes and have had canned tunes on.

But The reason I went with EC is because TTM uses their tunes. Now after the canned tune is Flashed onto the car TTM will make adjustments to my specific car and conditions. BUT now with EC new software, We can do those Pulls, LOG the car send the file to Jerry and HE CAN DO THE SAME, and make adjustments to my specific car for FREE.

Im pretty sure I get the Grasp of whats going on.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Please explain how does someone try to sell you something without you inquiring or wanting to buy a product? I can't imagine Bruce calling you up and saying "bro I want you to but these headers" When I bought my MBH headers I asked fellow members their opinions on the build, fitment and customer service before I called MBH.

In my experience with TTM and tuning charges is that when I had Jeremy tune my ECU Bruce had me send the payment directly to Jeremy and the ECU to TTM since Jeremy was in town.
I inquired and made it very clear i was not looking for a leaky, none fitting, rubbing exhaust system. I was assured it wasn't and was a very safe bet... etc. I had enough of that from my FFB system

As for the ARH system...Well you do not see many of them around now do you...and if you do what happens when you turn the steering wheel ?

From the comments those people made, it seems as if they were left to fend for them selves and they were in the states...am over seas!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
I understand Im paying for his time, which is Fine with me. I know What a canned tune is and what a Custom tune is. Ive had many cars in the past that ive had dyno tuned/street tunes and have had canned tunes on.

But The reason I went with EC is because TTM uses their tunes. Now after the canned tune is Flashed onto the car TTM will make adjustments to my specific car and conditions. BUT now with EC new software, We can do those Pulls, LOG the car send the file to Jerry and HE CAN DO THE SAME, and make adjustments to my specific car for FREE.

Im pretty sure I get the Grasp of whats going on.
ok so you want a canned tune and expect jerry to continue to modify the flash for free after you datalogg and send him countless logs asking for revisions. good luck with that

what do you plan to logg with? do you have autologic? are you going to run a dashdaq with zt2 wideband? innovate software? exactly how much money will you spend adding datlogging equipment so you can send jerry the data to get your free retune? btw retunes are no longer free that changed last yr at e/c?

just so you know i ran e/c tunes for yrs and also worked with ttm on fuel rails and tuning so i have experience with both

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 05-02-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM

A box
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
ok so you want a canned tune and expect jerry to continue to modify the flash for free after you datalogg and send him countless logs asking for revisions. good luck with that

what do you plan to logg with? do you have autologic? are you going to run a dashdaq with zt2 wideband? innovate software? exactly how much money will you spend adding datlogging equipment so you can send jerry the data to get your free retune? btw retunes are no longer free that changed last yr at e/c?

just so you know i ran e/c tunes for yrs and also worked with ttm on fuel rails and tuning so i have experience with both
From What Ive read in the EC thread about the new Tunes Yes. With Jerrys new software and cable im able to LOG the car and itll pick up the AFR/ timing etc what ever jerry needs to tune the car. He said REtunes are FREE. Obvioulsy im not ganna bother him every week LOL. But once i flash ill log with HIS software send him the file let him tweak it and be over with it.

Not Sure if im missing something here. But thats what ive understood.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Unless you are grandfathered-in (EC Tune purchased before the new year) there IS a small fee for retuning..... Something like $30 IIRC. Still a pretty damn good deal.

-G
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by GregMB
Unless you are grandfathered-in (EC Tune purchased before the new year) there IS a small fee for retuning..... Something like $30 IIRC. Still a pretty damn good deal.

-G
indeed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Tune TTM Vs. Flash Tune.