W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Questions about phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2003 | 09:57 PM
Vic

Questions about phone

Does anyone know if the MB/Motorola V60 passes Caller ID info to the COMAND screen? Also, is it possible to toggle between calls when a second call comes in (while you are on call number 1)?

When I had an '00 S430, it was possible to toggle, but the system did not pass along Caller ID, Now, in my '02 745Li, I've got just the opposite. It displays the number of the incoming caller, but there is no way to toggle between two calls without pulling the phone out of the armrest and pressing the SEND button on the handset. Needless to say, this sort of defeats the purported safety of having a hands-free phone.

Moronic? Yes, but then again, the entire i-Drive system is a testament to interesting concepts that went woefully wrong.

I can't wait to get into an E55 and say goodbye to the Bimmer!
Old 08-27-2003 | 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Questions about phone

Originally posted by Vic
Does anyone know if the MB/Motorola V60 passes Caller ID info to the COMAND screen? Also, is it possible to toggle between calls when a second call comes in (while you are on call number 1)?
I am not sure if the V60 does this, but my previous generation TimePort does, and my current Nokia setup also does.

-s-
Old 08-27-2003 | 12:56 PM

I do not have command (unfortunately not available and I could not wait). But the caller number does appeal on the HK radio display and (if memory serves correct) on the info center on the dash when a call comes in. Also, unlike the V60 on my CLK 430 cab, this display also indicates when you have voicemail.
Old 08-27-2003 | 12:58 PM

Oh yeah, and when you have a second call come in, it also tells you who is calling (at least it does if its a number that's in your memory). For example, if I'm on a call with the office and a call from home comes in, the display indicates that home is calling on the other line. And then if you hit the phone button on the steering wheel you can answer the call waiting. Does that answer your questions?