W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Stalls when put in drive/reverse Jerky downshifts, high idle when put in p/n

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 cls63 AMG
Engine Stalls when put in drive/reverse Jerky downshifts, high idle when put in p/n

Hey,
as the topic says, when I put the engine in drive/reverse it just stalls. I can keep it going if I keep my foot on the gas and operate the brake with the other foot. If I switch from drive to park or neutral It revs up to 2000 rpm for 2 seconds then settles back down again. When I am slowing down or coming to a stop the downshifts are very jerky as it seems like the engine is idling higher than normal and grabbing the tranny.
Took off the intake manifold and throttle bodies are clean as clean gets. Checked all gaskets and hoses, everything seems to be good. Put the intake manifold back on with new gaskets and bolts. Still having the same issue.
No Check engine light but it feels as if a sensor is bad or unmetered air but just cannot locate the culprit.
This is for a 2007 cls 63 amg.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 2009
Exclamation

hello,

i am having the same problem on my SL65 Black Series 2009. i was not able to find any answer nor from the Mb workshop or the online forums. please helps
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by c240classic
Hey,
as the topic says, when I put the engine in drive/reverse it just stalls. I can keep it going if I keep my foot on the gas and operate the brake with the other foot. If I switch from drive to park or neutral It revs up to 2000 rpm for 2 seconds then settles back down again. When I am slowing down or coming to a stop the downshifts are very jerky as it seems like the engine is idling higher than normal and grabbing the tranny.
Took off the intake manifold and throttle bodies are clean as clean gets. Checked all gaskets and hoses, everything seems to be good. Put the intake manifold back on with new gaskets and bolts. Still having the same issue.
No Check engine light but it feels as if a sensor is bad or unmetered air but just cannot locate the culprit.

You may need to reset the TB position sensor. Best thing is to have a look with STAR.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by c240classic
Hey,

Torque converter
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by dahlanb
hello,

i am having the same problem on my SL65 Black Series 2009. i was not able to find any answer nor from the Mb workshop or the online forums. please helps
dont u have a warranty on that sl65