TireD of this car already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
You should focus in maintenance before doing any modding.
+11111111 very much the truth...... take care of everything on the car first than look into mooding it
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Carterhkrs
Also loss of power is present as well, from time to time its going fast as it should but sometimes I floor the pedal and get acceleration of a bicycle, just nothing happens (I suppose cooling is what i need?)
Considering you're in LA (I'm assuming it's in the 90s by now..?) I don't see this being too far-fetched. This car is notorious for suffering in the hot, humid months.

Upgrading the HE and pump will help, but it won't feel like a car in 30* weather.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Carterhkrs
Sorry that feels like whining to you guys,

Didnt know that phrase which basically means hell with it, gonna abuse, interprets like whinin,

As for mechanics, yea im damn lucky, what can u do

Been searching forum for trustworthy mechanics in LA area, no result, seems like best one is benzworks which is in OC
There are plenty of good mechanics in LA. Just look on yelp. Mercedes benz auto repair. Done.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Stay with Serge, get a rental car down the street at Enterprise, I would not ever allow another mechanic to touch my car than Serge, Nick and the other talented people at BenzWorks.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Mine was running rough for the longest time, and I assumed it was a slight bend in a rim or something, but largely just got used to it. Then I took it to a solid MB mechanic and he replaced my motor mounts and tranny mount. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. The car feels smoother in every way, from just idling to under load.

Have them check your mounts if you're past 50k and haven't had them done yet. It's likely they're shot and completely compressed, if so.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
Stay with Serge, get a rental car down the street at Enterprise, I would not ever allow another mechanic to touch my car than Serge, Nick and the other talented people at BenzWorks.

Thats what i have recently realized, no one will ever fix my car but them, I can really trust those guys, shop is clean, guys are chill and prices are fair!

they just put new tie rods for me and ride is much smooother, so if anyone have symptoms like i stated above - time to change those