Sponsored by:

1st Class Service: Silver Star Auto Haus ABQ, NM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 Mustang GT, '13 F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost, '05 SRT4, '04 E55 AMG
1st Class Service: Silver Star Auto Haus ABQ, NM

I can only say great things about the owner and staff at Silver Star Auto Haus. While relocating from Las Vegas, NV to Amarillo, Tx my visit workshop red battery icon came on. This freaked me out because last time it happened I got stuck on the side of the road. I immediately started to google "mercedes repair shop" for several small towns ahead. Next big city was albuquerque and I just knew I wasn't going to make it there. I began calling the recommeded shops from google and no one actually service Mercedes vehicles. I get about 30 miles from ABQ and pull over at a gas station to search more. I called Silver Star and they answered immediately and I explained I had a workshop light and my battery and alternator were less than 6 months old. The receptionist kindly accepted me as a customer....it's about 1:10pm. My wife dials in the address to the navi and we get there at about 1:45 ish. I walk up and the store hours are 8-2pm. I get inside and meet the voice on the other end of the phone conversation. She takes my info and another guy asked some questions about the car and pulled her on inside. Within 5 minutes or so they'd diagnosed me and had my part in stock. Turns out it was the auxilary battery under the hood. They had me in and out in no time. The staff and owner were as friendly as a Mercedes owner could ask for!
If anyone is every in that area, don't be afraid to let these kind knowledgeable folks work on your car.
Thanks again Silver Star Auto Haus!
Btw made it to Amarillo!