Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I had the s6 with the v10 and it was fast however a Stock e55 would beat it
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, TBSS, ZR1, ZL1
The S6 to be faster needs to have the gallardo heads cams swap to make good power.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Mmmm.....V10 RS6 Avant....drool.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Originally Posted by 39NAS-T
The S6 to be faster needs to have the gallardo heads cams swap to make good power.
Even with that it was too heavy
The marketing behind the s6 was good to make people believe it was the gallardo engine although it was a v10 it was different
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
what people are failing to realize is that the op is not talking about a regular stock or apr chipped rs6... he's talking about a sporttec rs600 with bigger turbos and it puts down 600 hp/ 680 trq (to crank i believe)...

so it will be a close race butttt if no drag radials on the e55 then it will get dropped off the line

and if you do more than one run the rs600 will destroy the e55 on the subsequent runs as the rs600 turbos are small enough that they will recover no problem while the e55 will suffer some sort of heat soak

Last edited by gaspam; 06-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
What year? If it's a new one, you did VERY well! Especially for being stock and running him from a dig.
Pretty sure it was an 04.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 E63
Very cool indeed. I hope that RS600 works out. I had a buyer at the MN auction years ago but passed on the car for a number of reasons.

Having owned a flashed E55 and RS6 flashed at the same time...the E55 walks away from the RS6 from a roll every time. Heat soak takes a toll on the RS6 worse than the E55 so no worry there. If the RS6 bogs from a dig then the E55 will rocket past never looking back.

I don't think you have much to worry about with your E55.

We are the exact same here, this race has some different obsticals tho. The RS6 had a few items that needed to get fixed before the car is ready. Wheels re done, oils changed, exhaust leaks fixed, AC is not working, radio was not working, and the title was not in hand yet.
I can understand having everything done on the car before I wanted to run. Plus that gives me the opportunity to have my tcu re flashed and put the hotter tune on it.
Ill snap a pic of the car later.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM

E55, TBSS, ZR1, ZL1
Originally Posted by 03RSTT
Very cool indeed. I hope that RS600 works out. I had a buyer at the MN auction years ago but passed on the car for a number of reasons.

Having owned a flashed E55 and RS6 flashed at the same time...the E55 walks away from the RS6 from a roll every time. Heat soak takes a toll on the RS6 worse than the E55 so no worry there. If the RS6 bogs from a dig then the E55 will rocket past never looking back.

I don't think you have much to worry about with your E55.
We will see soon! I am excited for the race, we cleaned the car a ton and it looks very nice. Underneath the car is spotless now as well, I power washed underneath there to get all the road grime off of it as well, can see all the sportec hardware on it. Some neat stuff there!
I also have a pretty quick B5 S4 as well that I want to race the E and the RSI against.
My Audi went 11.7 at 125.6 with a crappy 60'....
Well see how it plays out
Old 08-07-2013, 04:19 PM

E55, TBSS, ZR1, ZL1
well we raced the other day....
It was a 40 roll ish
first race he held gears too long and I won by a car or so...
second race he jumped me by about a 1/4 car or so then from 40-130ish i had caught up and was about even!
I am impressed how that car rolls out
I just installed the 180mm pulley and sent the TCU back out to eurocharged to get massaged a little more. Then when the TCU gets back its to the dyno and streets and track to finalize the tune in with Jerry! I cant wait to push the E55 on Q16 for race and see what a hot pump file gets it to!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ez-go
Originally Posted by gaspam
the rs600 turbos are small enough that they will recover no problem
The turbo whether large or small will always carry certain level of heat from having 1200 degree gasses passing through it. But the influence of that heat carries little/no bearing on the temperature of the air charge. Less influential is the size of the turbo on the temperature on the air charge in regards to radiant heat. However a smaller compressor wheel working at the limit will be prone to raise heat in the air charge as it runs out of efficiency. Typically a larger compressor wheel working comfortably in its sweet spot will produce a much cooler air charge then a smaller compressor working its *** off at the edge of efficiency. This is all based on the assumption that what you meant by "small turbos recover faster" was in regard to them being able to dissapate radiant heat faster. Small turbos are good for transient response but are a pain in your cooling systems to make big power with.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Style_Front
The turbo whether large or small will always carry certain level of heat from having 1200 degree gasses passing through it. But the influence of that heat carries little/no bearing on the temperature of the air charge. Less influential is the size of the turbo on the temperature on the air charge in regards to radiant heat. However a smaller compressor wheel working at the limit will be prone to raise heat in the air charge as it runs out of efficiency. Typically a larger compressor wheel working comfortably in its sweet spot will produce a much cooler air charge then a smaller compressor working its *** off at the edge of efficiency. This is all based on the assumption that what you meant by "small turbos recover faster" was in regard to them being able to dissapate radiant heat faster. Small turbos are good for transient response but are a pain in your cooling systems to make big power with.
i was saying smaller turbos pushing low boost with larger intercooler surface area will tend to stay in efficiency for a longer time than a big supercharger with a small intercooler....

remember this is a low boost car we are refering too, not one that is pushing 20psi more boost from the turbos then it should be by some aggressive tune or such

Last edited by gaspam; 08-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ez-go
We will get it on video that much I know!
He is getting a retune and going from 14.5 psi to about 20 I guess......

what people are failing to realize is that the op is not talking about a regular stock or apr chipped rs6... he's talking about a sporttec rs600 with bigger turbos and it puts down 600 hp/ 680 trq (to crank i believe)...

so it will be a close race butttt if no drag radials on the e55 then it will get dropped off the line

and if you do more than one run the rs600 will destroy the e55 on the subsequent runs as the rs600 turbos are small enough that they will recover no problem while the e55 will suffer some sort of heat soak
Hmm, you said it has bigger turbos and recognize it makes 600hp and mention smaller turbos recover faster. Maybe I'm just confused what you were saying.

i was saying smaller turbos pushing low boost with larger intercooler surface area will tend to stay in efficiency for a longer time than a big supercharger with a small intercooler....

remember this is a stock car we are refering too, not one that is pushing 20psi more boost from the turbos then it should be by some aggressive tune or such
Then this comment made me extra confused. Now I have no clue whether the car youre talking about is stock, the rs600, with or without intercoolers.... I guess ill just stand behind my statement that smaller turbos do not recover faster. That statement is without logic.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Style_Front
Hmm, you said it has bigger turbos and recognize it makes 600hp and mention smaller turbos recover faster. Maybe I'm just confused what you were saying.

Then this comment made me extra confused. Now I have no clue whether the car youre talking about is stock, the rs600, with or without intercoolers.... I guess ill just stand behind my statement that smaller turbos do not recover faster. That statement is without logic.
from my understanding of the rs600 package is the turbos are bigger but still very small in terms of turbos... that was my point that this car still has small turbos (less small than before, but still small)...

and if a smaller turbo is pushing 15 psi it will recover equally as fast as a bigger turbo pushing 40 psi if cooling is held constant

it really depends on the cooling setup to say if this turbo or that turbo is going have this or that recovery time.