Did MBH Motorsports go out of business?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 855 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Oh, I am not doubting the gains with long tubes. I've seen first hand how much power they gain. +35-40rwhp/tq is common.

My concern is the torque loss in the low range. Bone stock, the car has A LOT of low grunt. Opening up the exhaust, although gaining quite a bit in the mid and upper range, loses some in the low range.

I agree that I would rather hear guys with just headers on an otherwise stock car (stock pulley, stock tb etc.) will chime in. I am talking strictly headers and a tune.
Boost is a measure of how much resistance there is to flow from a forced induction engine. Anything that increases flow will lower your boost but will increase your power as long as you don't kill your air velocity. Headers is a no brainer on a positive displacement blower as long as you don't go stupid big on the diameter of your pipes and kill your exhaust velocity.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Boost is a measure of how much resistance there is to flow from a forced induction engine. Anything that increases flow will lower your boost but will increase your power as long as you don't kill your air velocity. Headers is a no brainer on a positive displacement blower as long as you don't go stupid big on the diameter of your pipes and kill your exhaust velocity.
My question/comment is that I don't believe there is a gain throughout the range, the graph shows gains as the RPM increases, however, opening up the exhaust must show a loss down low. The gains are substantial in the mid-upper range, but it sacrifices for the low end. Sure, gaining 40 to the wheels is a no brainer, my point is trying to figure just how much of a loss there is and whether it's noticeable in day to day driving.

Originally Posted by 2319
Why would you give a damn about losing low end torque? You race from 1000-3000? Hold a record for most low end torque on a e55? :roll eyes:
Why don't you keep adding unique and never-done-before mods to your unicorn E55 that nobody has ever modded and keep dymystfying yourself while you're at it. You're the last person who should be running your mouth on this forum.

I'll bump that thread just so more people can learn how clever you are with modding this platform that Renntech and Kleemann haven't done before.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 06-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55, '12 C63
From experience:
There will be torque loss in the lower range, very little, but still a loss. Anybody who says different either doesn't have headers on their car or doesn't know what they're talking about. Most people feel a loss because the upper range is so much stronger, but as someone above mentioned, the pedal seems lighter in a way and the flow is different. Up top, the car is completely transformed, but down low, the grunt is SLIGHTLY less, but it's less any way you slice it. The butt dyno doesn't lie, right?

Having said that, headers with a nice tune is easily the best thing to do to this car, hands down. Better than a pulley upgrade IMO. I am still on stock pulley/boost and don't plan to increase it. No need, car is plenty fast now with just headers and the tune.

Originally Posted by 2319
Why would you give a damn about losing low end torque? You race from 1000-3000? Hold a record for most low end torque on a e55? :roll eyes:

This guy again? I thought you were so mesmerized by the mods you added to your car that nobody else had ever heard of or done and your engine mount failures that you retired from the forum? Guess you're back at it?

Let us know how your dymystfication is going, buddy

Last edited by Baronet1; 06-20-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
The stock exhaust on our cars is extremely restrictive. Anybody thinks there is a real concern with losing power down low from headers doesn't know what they're talking about. Show me your dyno's where you're losing power. Saying it feels like you lost some is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, when you can a lot of power up top it can "feel" like you lost some down low. I can't believe there is actually a debate about whether or not to do headers because of loss of torque, now because of price then sure I can see that.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
My ***-dyno did not tell me I lost low end torque with these headers. Step on it from idle and the tires will get molested, period. These headers were the first mod I did to my car and if you're worried about possibly losing 5lb/ft around 1200 rpm on a car that makes this much torque, then you're being silly. It's like Bill Gates squabbling over a few pennies. Just buy them and be happy at the music and power they make, not to mention the increase in fuel economy. I picked up a couple of MPG on the highway. I have a lot of mods and these MBH headers are my favorite.

Here's what they sound like on my car from the inside. Only other mods were a pulley, tune, and TTM fuel rail/injectors:

Old 07-01-2013, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Paid on 6/5, was told it would be about 2 weeks before shipping. I can live with that, it is worth the wait.

Followed up on 6/19 to get a status update and could not get a response via email or phone, so posted here to get noticed and was told I should have a tracking number over the weekend....

Almost week and a half later, no tracking number, no correspondence, no returned PM message.

Left another voicemail on Sat 6/29, nothing.

I am really looking forward to these headers, but if I ran my business this way, I would have been forced to close my doors a long time ago?!?!

Clients write me big checks every day and receive constant updates on their project completion, but maybe I am the exception these days and it is normal to over promise and under deliver in this thriving economy.

Am I off base and being petty or would you guys expect more from the maker of a premium Mercedes product?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I went through something similar with you when i got mine. Good communication in the beginning to get the sales order completed. Once that was done, less than desirable communication that i would expect for a big $$$ part thereafter. Yes they are worth the wait, but being a small shop fabbing these as they are ordered takes about 2 wks or so. Plus holiday is coming up.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
typically with tuning once you have long tube headers the motor will take a little more timing down low to make up for the difference in loss of torque.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
Check out American Racing headers. They are works of art, larger diameter and all mandrel bent instead of all the welds. They also fit like a glove, despite allegations of otherwise.

Here's mine

Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
+1 on the ARH. I had mine in a week and a half, the build quality is manufacturer grade instead of fabbed together, the primaries are bigger, and the price is the same.
The MBH are solid too, they'd be my next choice if the ARH weren't available.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
PM sent, I've been out for the past week and I'm just now feeling good enough to return to work. In any event we have a smoking deal running on everything we sell, but it ends this week. Best way to get a hold of me is either call or email me. I'm not on MBworld as much as I would like, but emails and phone calls go directly to me.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by FASN8N
Paid on 6/5, was told it would be about 2 weeks before shipping. I can live with that, it is worth the wait.

Followed up on 6/19 to get a status update and could not get a response via email or phone, so posted here to get noticed and was told I should have a tracking number over the weekend....

Almost week and a half later, no tracking number, no correspondence, no returned PM message.

Left another voicemail on Sat 6/29, nothing.

I am really looking forward to these headers, but if I ran my business this way, I would have been forced to close my doors a long time ago?!?!

Clients write me big checks every day and receive constant updates on their project completion, but maybe I am the exception these days and it is normal to over promise and under deliver in this thriving economy.

Am I off base and being petty or would you guys expect more from the maker of a premium Mercedes product?
You are right no base and you are the exception these days. Business now a days down to my Scotts Lawn care are a friggin joke when it comes to customer service. They could care less, you get rid of them and they pick up 3 new customers anyhow. However I just bought a Rolex Sub from a guy in Salt Lake City and he sends me updates constantly as I wanted a service and cleaning done prior to shipping. You guys are definitely the exception.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by emoving
You are right no base and you are the exception these days. Business now a days down to my Scotts Lawn care are a friggin joke when it comes to customer service. They could care less, you get rid of them and they pick up 3 new customers anyhow. However I just bought a Rolex Sub from a guy in Salt Lake City and he sends me updates constantly as I wanted a service and cleaning done prior to shipping. You guys are definitely the exception.
off topic but it too me 2 months to service my DSSD. How long has yours been in service.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
There is a backlog of service at the Dallas service center. Think the same goes for the NY service center too.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
from what i heard the actual service takes 3 days but it is the testing that takes long. Usually they have to test it for 21 days.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Ok. thanks for the info. Both of my GMT II coke and pepsi are fast 3 seconds by end of the week. I've been delaying sending it in for service. Not looking forward to what the costs will be. Also if they replace parts, you dont get the original parts back.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Yep, been there for 1 month due to the monitoring process after the service. I am good with it because the communication is there!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
PM sent, I've been out for the past week and I'm just now feeling good enough to return to work. In any event we have a smoking deal running on everything we sell, but it ends this week. Best way to get a hold of me is either call or email me. I'm not on MBworld as much as I would like, but emails and phone calls go directly to me.
No pm received, but thanks for some sort of response. I am sorry you are not feeling well, but some form of communication is critical for maintaing a business.

I tried the email/pm/phone call, but none or that seemed to work

When should I expect a tracking number?

I look forward to installing your works of art on my car and getting ride of the rattling factory cats
Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 AM

K55
Free flowing exhaust on a car with a positive displacement supercharger does not lose Torque anywhere in the powerband.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 AM

'99 ML320, '06 E55
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
+1 on the ARH. I had mine in a week and a half, the build quality is manufacturer grade instead of fabbed together, the primaries are bigger, and the price is the same.
The MBH are solid too, they'd be my next choice if the ARH weren't available.
I really want to see the difference comparing these 2 headers with their dyno #s. I would love to throw Eurocharged in the mix while we are @ it to see how they all compare in terms of hp/tq increases on an otherwise stock car.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
Like SirBoost said, both are great units and works of art. As for Euro, they told me that they are no longer making long-tubes...too many problems. (not sure what).

I'd guess that they are similar in power-gains until you get BIG hp...then, the larger diameter ones have to have a gain. (assuming the intake side is large enough--TB, etc.).
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
No pm received, but thanks for some sort of response. I am sorry you are not feeling well, but some form of communication is critical for maintaing a business.

I look forward to installing your works of art on my car and getting ride of the rattling factory cats
Did MBH provide a tracking number to you?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211

Feel your pain. You would think that you would be provided an update of some sort. Then i see the 4th July sale and who knows how long that will take to get a set of headers if several are buying them.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
3 second by the end of the week! You poor soul how do you get by in conditions like this?
Seriously , do you have them on a spinner? I wear a Gshock everyday and the automatics are always dead so it's just part of getting dressed if I wear one. Wind and set.

Originally Posted by novae500
Ok. thanks for the info. Both of my GMT II coke and pepsi are fast 3 seconds by end of the week. I've been delaying sending it in for service. Not looking forward to what the costs will be. Also if they replace parts, you dont get the original parts back.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
3 second by the end of the week! You poor soul how do you get by in conditions like this?
Seriously , do you have them on a spinner? I wear a Gshock everyday and the automatics are always dead so it's just part of getting dressed if I wear one. Wind and set.

LOL. No watch winder. Just wear the Coke daily for 6 months and then rotate it out for the Pepsi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Did MBH Motorsports go out of business?