W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oCarbon.com - looking for a few members to help us develop carbon fiber interior trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by Max.H
1. Maybe they should.

2. You right about one thing. You are unsure... Let's not go there. About the whole business thing. Unless you like digging a hole and jumping inside of it.

3. No need to get emotional, in case maybe you didn't read the sign when you entered.. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, K? That means everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even you, and I respect that as well.... I think wrapping a bunch of parts in carbon fiber on a Mercedes Benz is RICEY. I made it clear it was NOT an attack. So take a chill pill.

Ocarbon, you should take a look at these guys... They clearly know what classy and tasteful is... Not overdone or gawdy. Maybe, if you really want to take this seriously, you can aspire to be as good as them if not better! You gotta aim for something or you will hit nothing...

http://www.vorsteiner.com
You've made my point for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Also, they're not making parts, they're simply wrapping them, your comparison is pointless. I love how you insinuate that they don't take their business seriously, real classy.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
1. Maybe they should.

2. You right about one thing. You are unsure... Let's not go there. About the whole business thing. Unless you like digging a hole and jumping inside of it.

3. No need to get emotional, in case maybe you didn't read the sign when you entered.. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, K? That means everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even you, and I respect that as well.... I think wrapping a bunch of parts in carbon fiber on a Mercedes Benz is RICEY. I made it clear it was NOT an attack. So take a chill pill.

Ocarbon, you should take a look at these guys... They clearly know what classy and tasteful is... Not overdone or gawdy. Maybe, if you really want to take this seriously, you can aspire to be as good as them if not better! You gotta aim for something or you will hit nothing...

http://www.vorsteiner.com
No, they shouldn't. If a customer wants to buy their service, why should they deny the customer the work based solely on their opinion on what looks good? That would be shooting themselves in the foot and, if it got around, people could potentially quit approaching them for custom work.

I don't see PACougar's post as an attack? Like you said, this is a public forum and he was voicing HIS OPINION on your post. Everyone is entitled to that, right?

As far as Vorsteiner, that's a completely separate part of the industry but not that different when you think about the buying process. They offer a pre-produced product that will sell, if only the buyer thinks that the piece is not gaudy. Plenty of people might think that the rear bumper for the W204 E-class is overdone and gaudy. Does that mean that they should not sell it? No, if they think that they can sell enough to justify the cost and make a profit, then do it. Just like BMW and their X6. It's ugly as hell, but apparently there are enough buyers to justify it's existence.

P.S. Telling OCarbon that they don't take their business seriously, based on your own personal taste and not the quality of their work, is pretty ****ing classless. Nice job.

Last edited by HeissRod; 09-20-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
So take a chill pill.
The irony is strong with this one. You come flaming into a thread like the Hindenburg while telling other people to relax? Get over yourself.

Ocarbon, you should take a look at these guys... They clearly know what classy and tasteful is... Not overdone or gawdy. Maybe, if you really want to take this seriously, you can aspire to be as good as them if not better!
Now it's an attack. You're insinuating that their products are *not* classy or tasteful, which is nothing more than a thinly veiled insult, and you're trying to link the "taste" (or lack thereof in your opinion) of their customers to oCarbon themselves. Can't you see your lack of logic, or is your ego just that big? Just get out of this thread - it really does not concern you, and you are contributing nothing of value whatsoever.

Last edited by evilsaint; 09-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
DAMN!!! I'm loving it!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
OCarbon, when will you have pics of the pillars/trunk installed?

I want pillars too. Should look sick dare I say at the risk of sounding like a ricer
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by HeissRod
No, they shouldn't. If a customer wants to buy their service, why should they deny the customer the work based solely on their opinion on what looks good? That would be shooting themselves in the foot and, if it got around, people could potentially quit approaching them for custom work.

I don't see PACougar's post as an attack? Like you said, this is a public forum and he was voicing HIS OPINION on your post. Everyone is entitled to that, right?

As far as Vorsteiner, that's a completely separate part of the industry but not that different when you think about the buying process. They offer a pre-produced product that will sell, if only the buyer thinks that the piece is not gaudy. Plenty of people might think that the rear bumper for the W204 E-class is overdone and gaudy. Does that mean that they should not sell it? No, if they think that they can sell enough to justify the cost and make a profit, then do it. Just like BMW and their X6. It's ugly as hell, but apparently there are enough buyers to justify it's existence.

P.S. Telling OCarbon that they don't take their business seriously, based on your own personal taste and not the quality of their work, is pretty ****ing classless. Nice job.
Keep your panties on Heissrod.... It's still RICEY. Who are you, captain save a hoe? You have your opinions and I have my own. Nobody says we have to agree. Have a beer and relax, its the weekend. Jeezus SMH

Last edited by Max.H; 09-21-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by evilsaint
The irony is strong with this one. You come flaming into a thread like the Hindenburg while telling other people to relax? Get over yourself.

Now it's an attack. You're insinuating that their products are *not* classy or tasteful, which is nothing more than a thinly veiled insult, and you're trying to link the "taste" (or lack thereof in your opinion) of their customers to oCarbon themselves. Can't you see your lack of logic, or is your ego just that big? Just get out of this thread - it really does not concern you, and you are contributing nothing of value whatsoever.
You're such a cry baby.

You aren't contributing to this thread either. You're a hypocrite LoL. This is a somewhat of a lounge. When you get a bunch of guys together who share the same passion for cars. You will get disputes and disagreements. It is because we are all passionate about our cars.

Stop trying to point fingers like little hall monitor..... Nobody likes a little finger pointer. You're getting yourself all worked up for nothing.

I know a lot of you think the same just dont want to say it. You want to be nice, that's always cool. But, that's being plastic. If you really cared like some of you claim. You would try and voice your opinion maybe tell the person, "Maybe going out tonight with that shirt is not the best idea, You might want to tone it down." That's real feedback and what I consider an actual contribution. Not coming in trying to act like Captain Save A Hoe... SMH seriously...

I didn't come in here to flame. I just said the stuff looks rice, Less is more when it comes to carbon. That wont change for me... You can whine and point fingers all you want... These are my opinions, if you agree thats cool if you don't thats cool too. Just don't be a hypocrite.

GL OCarbon. Im sure you will have some people who want that kind of stuff. Carry on I'm out.

Last edited by Max.H; 09-21-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're such a cry baby.

You aren't contributing to this thread either. You're a hypocrite LoL. This is a somewhat of a lounge. When you get a bunch of guys together who share the same passion for cars. You will get disputes and disagreements. It is because we are all passionate about our cars.

Stop trying to point fingers like little hall monitor..... Nobody likes a little finger pointer. You're getting yourself all worked up for nothing.

I know a lot of you think the same just dont want to say it. You want to be nice, that's always cool. But, that's being plastic. If you really cared like some of you claim. You would try and voice your opinion maybe tell the person, "Maybe going out tonight with that shirt is not the best idea, You might want to tone it down." That's real feedback and what I consider an actual contribution. Not coming in trying to act like Captain Save A Hoe... SMH seriously...

I didn't come in here to flame. I just said the stuff looks rice, Less is more when it comes to carbon. That wont change for me... You can whine and point fingers all you want... These are my opinions, if you agree thats cool if you don't thats cool too. Just don't be a hypocrite.

GL OCarbon. Im sure you will have some people who want that kind of stuff. Carry on I'm out.
Nobody minds you voicing your opinion, but stop trying rewrite history. You directed your complaints at the company doing the work, not the guy having it done. You didn't tell your buddy to tone it down, you told the company that stencils custom t-shirt to tone down what their customers asked them to put on the t-shirt. I think it's ricey too, but that has nothing to do with the exceptional work O Carbon is doing.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep your panties on Heissrod.... It's still RICEY. Who are you, captain save a hoe?
Nope, I wasn't sticking up for you.

That's all fine and good, but you didn't tell your friend to not wear the shirt. You told the manufacturer they should know better before making the shirt.

The mature thing to do here would be to man up and admit you were wrong in how you addressed oCarbon, but I doubt you will.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
[QUOTE=Max.H;5785420]Ohhh boy and here come the ricers.....

Ocarbon, I commend your efforts and your parts look good good from the pics so far.But, there comes a point when you have too much carbon. For example those a pillars are going to look gawdy... The trim should look good. But, thats enough for this car.

Remember this is a Benz so it should be classy. The rear trunk came out nice but, it that screams rice burner. I started upgrading my cars to BMW M and MBZ AMG because I wanted to go away from the rice rocket stuff. Sure some of is still cool. But jeezus christ. Please don't tell me you will do a carbon hood and grill also. :-/

Remember guys, less is more.

I dont mean to sound harsh. Just my opinion and it is not meant as an attack on you or your business. But, instead some

Old 10-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Audi A4
[QUOTE=kenpho10;5804087]
Ohhh boy and here come the ricers.....

Ocarbon, I commend your efforts and your parts look good good from the pics so far.But, there comes a point when you have too much carbon. For example those a pillars are going to look gawdy... The trim should look good. But, thats enough for this car.

Remember this is a Benz so it should be classy. The rear trunk came out nice but, it that screams rice burner. I started upgrading my cars to BMW M and MBZ AMG because I wanted to go away from the rice rocket stuff. Sure some of is still cool. But jeezus christ. Please don't tell me you will do a carbon hood and grill also. :-/

Remember guys, less is more.

I dont mean to sound harsh. Just my opinion and it is not meant as an attack on you or your business. But, instead some

I think you can never have enough Carbon. Anywhere. Make the roof carbon too.

OCarbon please keep updating this thread. Pics of all the components installed would be cool.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd like to work it in reverse, Give me an entire carbon body and I'll accent that subtly
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by Prada
oCarbon please keep updating this thread. Pics of all the components installed would be cool.
Soon. Car just won some major awards at a pretty big show, I should have installed pics shortly.

We are planning more custom parts for it as well, its turning into a pretty special build.

Last edited by oCarbon; 10-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Few teaser pics. Pro photos coming soon.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
WOW!!! Carbon over load! Looks sweet!!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not a fan of the pieces on either side of the shifter surround or the pieces between the doors and dash, but the quality looks good.

I'm kinda intrigued by the plates in the floormats....
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Not a fan of the pieces on either side of the shifter surround or the pieces between the doors and dash, but the quality looks good.

I'm kinda intrigued by the plates in the floormats....
+1 as i said before to much but yes quality looks superb
Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM

Audi A4
Looks sick. PM me price for CF interior kit please.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Product looks legit! I should have jumped on this for the SL when I had a chance. Well done, Matt.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Nope, I wasn't sticking up for you.

That's all fine and good, but you didn't tell your friend to not wear the shirt. You told the manufacturer they should know better before making the shirt.

The mature thing to do here would be to man up and admit you were wrong in how you addressed oCarbon, but I doubt you will.

Wow, did you think of that one all by yourself? Slap yourself, seriously..

Talking about mature, arguing over the internet and acting like captain save a hoe is just so grown up.

Just admit you like the riced out carbon all over look. I called it rice, and you got your panties in a bunch. Getting all emotional when it's not even your car! News flash... The OP is going on about his day. Why can't you? You are NOT even remotely involved in his project. He is being mature, because he knows this is a forum and people have their own opinions. What's your angle? Could it be that you like all the rice crap and got personally offended. Because I said It's ricey. Which it still is... BINGO!

The work is good, but after looking at that interior? I rest my case.

Last edited by Max.H; 10-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seriously? It's been over 2 weeks. Just drop it already.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by Prada
Looks sick. PM me price for CF interior kit please.
Shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com and I can get you a quote.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Product looks legit! I should have jumped on this for the SL when I had a chance. Well done, Matt.
I can still do an SL if you want, I think we've only sold one SL set so far.

Wow, did you think of that one all by yourself? Slap yourself, seriously..

Talking about mature, arguing over the internet and acting like captain save a hoe is just so grown up.

Just admit you like the riced out carbon all over look. I called it rice, and you got your panties in a bunch. Getting all emotional when it's not even your car! News flash... The OP is going on about his day. Why can't you? You are NOT even remotely involved in his project. He is being mature, because he knows this is a forum and people have their own opinions. What's your angle? Could it be that you like all the rice crap and got personally offended. Because I said It's ricey. Which it still is... BINGO!

The work is good, but after looking at that interior? I rest my case.
You've made your point, you don't like my products and that's totally fine. These parts are for a custom show car, its designed to be a bit over the top and to stand out, so you not liking these pieces is understandable.

However, I'd appreciate it if you refrained from continuing to post in this thread. Manufacturing these parts is how I make my living and for you to repeatedly clutter up my marketing post with your childish attacks on other forum members is getting old. We get it, you won't be buying these parts, there is no reason for you to continue.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
I do not understand all the bashing in this thread.
We are being offered a reproduction of a factory option for a FRACTION of the cost. This thread is about OCarbon and the type of custom work they are able to perform for their customers. Badmouthing the company for willing to go the extra mile for the clients who require something outside the ordinary, is plain ignorant and disrespectful.

Matt does top notch work, which is why my trim went to him

Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Originally Posted by Lelix
I do not understand all the bashing in this thread.
We are being offered a reproduction of a factory option for a FRACTION of the cost. This thread is about OCarbon and the type of custom work they are able to perform for their customers. Badmouthing the company for willing to go the extra mile for the clients who require something outside the ordinary, is plain ignorant and disrespectful.

Matt does top notch work, which is why my trim went to him

Semi-OT - that boost gauge looks ridiculously sexy, even more so by the way that it contrasts with the CF
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd love to see you guys do the doors for the center console. It doesn't seem complete where it stops. Work looks amazing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: oCarbon.com - looking for a few members to help us develop carbon fiber interior trim