W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 AMG vs CTS-V Video!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 AM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hotsoss
Boogy down Cavalier driver.
Haha right on
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Man that was ugly! I thought the E55 would've done a little better than that being as though it is modded to a Stage 3 level, but I guess not. I would love to see how your V compare to tuned or tuned down pipe M157s.
I would love to run a tuned M157 or even an upgraded turbo one, I have more plans for the V so I just might be ready for the turbo upgraded E63/CLS

Originally Posted by AgSilver
E63 TT AWD = 700+ WHP = Game Over!

For example: http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...-for-mercedes/
I wouldn't quite say game over, you have to remember this car just made 619whp in a 2300ft air density day, 92 degree weather. In a cold weather day on the old tune it made 664whp and the new tune picked up considerable power through the entire rpm band and even running at 1.5psi less boost on the dyno than what it now sees on the street it didn't make that far off of power as the old cold weather dyno while in very poor dyno conditions. I also plan on porting the supercharger and doing a few other small cooling things and the car will be closer to 700whp even in this poor hot weather. I think I would run side by side the upgraded turbo car.

This car on the old tune ran 132.5mph in good weather, now there are big improvments made on the tune so in cool weather I wouldn't doubt it coud run 135+ as it sits and after possibly next week even higher.

Originally Posted by typhoon43
Awesome video man. Still love the look of your E vs. the V but damn, you just have to respect how easy those Caddies are to turn into *******g land missilies. Sick rides brother.
The Benz does look really nice, I enjoy driving that car still, it is very comfortable, much quieter inside and tame feeling (no upgraded cam) and when you stomp on it you are going somewhere quick still. The Cadillac is just kind of stupid fast relatively speaking.

Nah, that would be superfluous. Just get a Weistec Whipple and it will be very interesting.

Side Note: Besides the extreme intercooling I never really understood why the SLR motor was so much stouter than the regular Kompressor engines. If price was not a major deterrent I believe everyone would just integrate parts from that motor.
I am waiting for Chris in Orlando to get his dang E55 with the Weistec finished Word on the street is he will have a CLS soon powered by a Weistec though, I just might be going to Orlando next weekend. Sounds like a video in the works to me.

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-09-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: Cadillac CTS-V (V2), Chevy Cruze Past: E55k
I would love to run a tuned M157 or even an upgraded turbo one, I have more plans for the so I just might be ready for the turbo upgraded E63/CLS
Alright! I would love to see a comparison.

I wouldn't quite say game over, you have to remember his car just made 619whp in a 2300ft air density day, 92 degree weather. In a cold weather day on the old tune it made 664whp and the new tune picked up considerable power through the entire rpm band and even running at 1.5psi less boost on the dyno than what it now sees on the street it didn't make that far off of power as the old cold weather dyno while in very poor dyno conditions. I also plan on porting the supercharger and doing a few other small cooling things and the car will be closer to 700whp even in this poor hot weather. I think I would run side by side the upgraded turbo car.

This car on the old tune ran 132.5mph in good weather, now there are big improvments made on te tune so in cool weather I wouldnt' doubt it coud run 135+ as it sits and after possibly next week even higher.
Wow 132-135mph that car is rolling! You are right in the Weistec, ReNNtech, and AMS modified M157 twin turbo upgrade neighborhood. I also believe that and you would likely edge a tune only M157 out in a role race.

I am waiting for Chris in Orlando to get his dang E55 with the Weistec finished Word on the street is he will have a CLS soon powered by a Weistec though, I just might be going to Orlando next weekend. Sounds like a video in the works to me.
That will be very interesting. I think Weistec 55 kompressors make similiar RWHP as stage 2 CTS-V (565rwhp +) but make a little more torque (600rwtq +)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mine made 619whp 619wtq last week, if I go to Tampa for the new mods this coming week and another retune with the additions we will see what happens. Hopefully the car will show all the boost ~16.5psi instead of 15psi on the dyno this time and I am looking at around 680whp in the nice warm Florida sun with a winter time dyno cracking the 700whp mark.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
I give the edge to the M157 because most tune and downpiped ones are still making 100 lb ft of TQ more then u are if u maded 619rwtq
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Nice video.

Two beautiful cars.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG E Power
I give the edge to the M157 because most tune and downpiped ones are still making 100 lb ft of TQ more then u are if u maded 619rwtq

Are they making that in 92 degrees with decent humidity creating a 2300ft DA though? That there in itself is worth a decent power bump on a 70 degree day. And I feel like a broken record but the car was only boosting 15psi on the dyno run, the bypass valve was adjusted and it saw up to 16.8psi on logs on the street right after. Another 1.5+psi of boost is certainly going to make more power.

For example, my E55 went from 480 to 500 with that amount of boost change and tq was like 40 higher. I don't think I would lose at all as the car sits right now. I wish I was going more south to visit family down there and could meet up with that Renntech E63 that Redbulljnky ran. I think I could take him, and after the next round of mods I will be almost certain they wouldn't have a chance.

The weather is obviously not ideal to go to the track right now, but the tuner who just retuned mine also has a CTS-V and he said in good weather with a good launch my car should run around 10.3 in the 1/4.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
ya Im pretty sure they are considering the e63 u spoke of dynoed in S. FL. actually it probably was 85 degrees then but still not that big of a difference plus I have never seen one of the biturbos dyno less then 700rwtq anywhere in the country. Examples
this is just tune and downpipes

this is strictly ECU flash

doesnt matter anyway there is a very small chance u would even run into these kinda cars let alone tuned ones. u have to worry about the gt500 those things are cheap brand new and make serious power as well
Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
also did u put a bag of ice on the blower ?
Old 08-09-2013, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There was zero cooling done. The car sat on the dyno for the time it took for him to adjust things on the tune and then maybe 10 minutes later at most another run was done. Everything was blazing hot to the touch, the supercharger lid, the air intake tube, etc.

The runs were staring at like 120-130 intake temps inside the blower. There were no tricks to try and get a higher number like putting ice on stuff or letting the car sit for an hour to be cool or whatever like a lot of people do to have a number to brag about.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: Cadillac CTS-V (V2), Chevy Cruze Past: E55k
Hmmm...check this article out. I still say Urbanworms car can hang, especially if he gets his blower ported and in cold weather. The M157 and LSA/LS9 are great engines!

Weistec 63 AMG bi-turbo M157 V8 tune and downpipe Dynojet dyno results for 91 and 93 octane pump gas - 684 wheel horsepower
Published on 04-14-2013 09:31 PM

Very nice results here from Weistec engineering for their M157 twin turbo 5.5 liter V8 tune along with their M157 downpipe upgrade on a stock turbo M157 on both 91 octane and 93 octane pump fuel. The tune alone on 91 octane pump gas was previously shown as providing 618 wheel horsepower on a Dynojet. The addition of the Weistec downpipes combined with the ECU tune raises this output on 91 octane to 647 wheel horsepower in SAE correction.

That clearly shows the downpipes making a very nice difference. Torque figures rise from 667 pound-feet at the wheels to 766.19 with the downpipes. That is not a typo, that is a gain of almost exactly 100 pound-feet at the wheels. Very, very impressive.

The 93 octane pump gas figure shows a peak of 684 wheel horsepower for the tune and downpipes. The torque figure is basically the same as the 91 octane figure with a peak of 765 pound-feet at the wheels. The 93 octane fuel making a difference as rev climb past 4250 rpm allowing more peak horsepower. Below that RPM the torque is the exact same as on 91 octane.

Dyno graph and video below, great work by Weistec showing off the quality of their downpipe solution for the M157.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
colder weather will help the turbos to lets not for get. urbamworm if u are ever in tampa I want a ride in the V please
Old 08-09-2013, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, the ported blower swap and other things with the retune will be in Tampa. I just need to schedule the day. I am like 99% sure it is happening. I have family going down to their house in Orlando area this weekend for 1.5 weeks so I figure I will drive there, stay the night and then drive to Tampa early the next morning (probably late in to next week) and get all this stuff done then drive back to Orlando from Tampa since it is much closer to go there then back to Jacksonville, then just stay with them another day or so before going back home.

The tuner said it would be a real long day doing everything I want done so not sure when I would be finished but after I leave the shop if you wanted to meet up before I head back to Orlando I could do that. Show you just how fast a Caddy is

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Haha sounds like a plan, wouldnt mind going with u when u get the retune as well. Let me know.

Last edited by AMG E Power; 08-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVC
Great job on the video!

That V is making killer power and is in a different league. While that E55 is on a whole different level aesthetically.

The solution: LSA swap in the E55. Who's gonna be the first?
Well said!

The problem there was not only did the Vee out power you, but it was in its Sweet Spot of the power band too.

I Really like the Vee's, but I also have to give the vote of the looks to your Beautiful AMG!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The V is mine too. And there is no sweet spot, it simply will blow the doors off the E55 because it is more powerful, doesn't matter what speed we start. The speed we did start was actually bad for the V because it was in 2nd gear and immediately had to shift since it was at almost 6000rpm.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
I' know the new 4 matic E63 coming out will be a handful. I'm talking the current body style E63 with a tune or tune and down pipe only. I think it will be a drivers race. I even think it will be a drivers race against the tuned 4 matic from a role too.

Dig=Forget about it!
No chance whatsoever with launch control, big turbos, etc, etc.. 1k hp is certainly possible.

Bang for the buck - - - nothing on the planet beats U.S. V8's.

NASCAR engines are close to 900 BHP NASCAR rules stipulate a 16-valve pushrod V-8 engine with a displacement of 350 to 358 cubic inches. The maximum compression ratio is 12.0:1. The engine must use a mechanical, single-coil distributor, a single oil pump, and a single four-barrel carburetor (390 cfm in the Craftsman and Busch series; 780 cfm in Nextel Cup). With the small carburetor, the engine generates slightly more than 700 horsepower (650 at restricted tracks such as Daytona) at peak revs of just over 9000 rpm.

Certainly amazing results from a far simpler design than what we are working with.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
That is not really a fair comparison. Your amg is very lightly modded whilst the V is modded to death. We have a big caddy V contingency at our caffeine and octane here in atlanta. One fella had full bolt on with heads and cams, meth and around 650rwhp. He was only running 10.7s and the car sounded like it should be going 9s. Sounded like a full blown race car.

The e55 heavily modded like E's, low pros, mine, hammers, forrest gump will still give V's like these hell from a dig. The V is nice and all, but they need a lot more power to run times similar to the tq monster e55's.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To be honest what is modded to death about it, its all pretty standard stuff? The only difference is it has a cam which most in the E55 world don't have but there are still a handful that do and even more so another handful that have ported heads while the CTS-Vs are stock. There are several people on this board who have a crank and supercharger pulley, others with huge crank pullies that run nearly the same boost as my crank/supercharger pulley in the V which is around 16-16.5psi. People are also running meth injection and killer chillers, there is none of that on the V. So as you see there are several Es that are more modded I would say than the V.

It has headers, so do all the E55s, it has a ported stock throttle body, so do a lot of E55s while others have upgraded to the 80 like my E55 or to the 82mm and a few others to 90mm. It has an upgraded heat exchanger which all E55s have as well and an air intake which many run aftermarket carbon fiber air boxes in the E55s or the custom 2 pipes down the sides of engine in place of stock box setup. A V similar to mine was running 10.8s at 130-133 like 2 weeks ago in Orlando, Florida in the middle of the summer while the Es wait for the coldest nights of winter at MIR to do anything like this and those are the baddest Es in the country which also have skinnies on the front, no interior, racing seat for the driver and half are missing their exhaust.

The only difference is going back to the cam, that is it. And the Vs are running 10s all day long and on 93 octane, not needing a race gas tune with Q16 in the tank or E85 and a cold day with great prepped track and a full tank of ice in an ice tank.

I love my E55, I have been driving it more everyday than I have the V but the E is no competition if both cars have the same fuel in the tank and same basic "stage 3" mods and it gets even worse if the cars are lighter modded. Look at the member in here PetroC63, he ran 10.7@127 in his V with a ported intake/throttle body, a smaller supercharger pulley an air intake and upgraded heat exchanger. No headers, no big boost, no cam, no exhaust, no ice tank, no race gas.

I will happily run any E55/CLS in the Jacksonville area or Orlando since I have family that goes there. I would love to run the Weistec supercharged car that should be in Orlando in few more days and I just happen to plan on going down there toward the end of the week with nothing to do so all the time in the world to run. I also just made a thread yesterday in the W212 section looking for tuned bi-turbos to run. It is all fun to me win or lose.

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-11-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I would not back down to a V on the street make 650rwhp. I am not making anywhere near that, and comparing a heads cam e55 to a V, then you would have to look at amgrockets car. He ran 10.51 full weight off the bottle in 85* weather. I ran my 10.8s in 75* weather with a ****ty prepped track (1.65 60ft).

Only making 12.3lbs of boost on my setup, stock motor, no heads or cams, don't think V 's would walk away from us. This is dig racing of course.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by urbamworm
To be honest what is modded to death about it, its all pretty standard stuff? The only difference is it has a cam which most in the E55 world don't have but there are still a handful that do and even more so another handful that have ported heads while the CTS-Vs are stock. There are several people on this board who have a crank and supercharger pulley, others with huge crank pullies that run nearly the same boost as my crank/supercharger pulley in the V which is around 16-16.5psi. People are also running meth injection and killer chillers, there is none of that on the V. So as you see there are several Es that are more modded I would say than the V.

It has headers, so do all the E55s, it has a ported stock throttle body, so do a lot of E55s while others have upgraded to the 80 like my E55 or to the 82mm and a few others to 90mm. It has an upgraded heat exchanger which all E55s have as well and an air intake which many run aftermarket carbon fiber air boxes in the E55s or the custom 2 pipes down the sides of engine in place of stock box setup. A V similar to mine was running 10.8s at 130-133 like 2 weeks ago in Orlando, Florida in the middle of the summer while the Es wait for the coldest nights of winter at MIR to do anything like this and those are the baddest Es in the country which also have skinnies on the front, no interior, racing seat for the driver and half are missing their exhaust.

The only difference is going back to the cam, that is it. And the Vs are running 10s all day long and on 93 octane, not needing a race gas tune with Q16 in the tank or E85 and a cold day with great prepped track and a full tank of ice in an ice tank.

I love my E55, I have been driving it more everyday than I have the V but the E is no competition if both cars have the same fuel in the tank and same basic "stage 3" mods and it gets even worse if the cars are lighter modded. Look at the member in here PetroC63, he ran 10.7@127 in his V with a ported intake/throttle body, a smaller supercharger pulley an air intake and upgraded heat exchanger. No headers, no big boost, no cam, no exhaust, no ice tank, no race gas.

I will happily run any E55/CLS in the Jacksonville area or Orlando since I have family that goes there. I would love to run the Weistec supercharged car that should be in Orlando in few more days and I just happen to plan on going down there toward the end of the week with nothing to do so all the time in the world to run. I also just made a thread yesterday in the W212 section looking for tuned bi-turbos to run. It is all fun to me win or lose.
Very well written Dave! I mentioned in the other thread that I ordered Petro's exact setup 4 days ago just from research and info. from all of you guys! Thanks.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I would not back down to a V on the street make 650rwhp. I am not making anywhere near that, and comparing a heads cam e55 to a V, then you would have to look at amgrockets car. He ran 10.51 full weight off the bottle in 85* weather. I ran my 10.8s in 75* weather with a ****ty prepped track (1.65 60ft).

Only making 12.3lbs of boost on my setup, stock motor, no heads or cams, don't think V 's would walk away from us. This is dig racing of course.
How are you only making 12.3psi? I make 12 in my E55 with a supercharger pulley which is a little less than a 168 crank pulley.

And like I said, for example amgrocket's car has everything the V has as well as ported heads (v on stock heads). He was on a race gas tune with Q16 though, that is a big difference from running a standard 93 octane tune on 93 octane. And then you run E85, again a big difference from 93 octane. Kind of like me going and comparing Vs modded similar to mine but are also running nitrous and running in the 9s at 140+ compared to say amgrockets 10.6 or whatever at 133-34 on nitrous. There is a guy that ran in the 9s in South Florida at the track Elliot runs at (PBIR) on stock blower, stock trans and converter, stock block with ported heads and no nitrous on e85 with full interior in a V sedan. He also ran 9.9@143 in 84* weather with a 1700ft DA, he started running a Whipple though and a built or bigger engine I forget. He has ran mid or lower 9s now without nitrous. The biggest difference between the V and the E, is the Vs do on pump gas what the Es do on race gas and race tune, then when you start talking race gas/E85 the Vs are way ahead.

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
The V is a beast for sure...
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 amg
Here a video of the runs we talked about the other night . Thanks for the deal on the lower pulley , I want to give your e55 a run when my tune gets in from EC.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice, I was waiting to hear from you about a possible meet this weekend. Looks like they got your mods a little off though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 AMG vs CTS-V Video!