W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy for K-MAC bushings (front and/or rear)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
$120 savings (22% off) on these kits and no one wants in? I'm shocked.

Originally Posted by cij911
I'd like to get the front and rear kit, but only if there is a guarantee that the "new" design will in fact work and hold. I have spoken to several suspension shops here in southern California and not one of them had pleasant things to say (all said they did not work or hold the settings).
I'd refer you to Shardul's first post in regards to fitment, but we really need Kevin @ KMAC to chime in the guarantee.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
Possibly the bad rep it has with it's older design has people skeptical. People waiting on more reviews or a guarantee of some sort that it actually works.
I too am waiting for more reassurance before I do this. Plus winter around the corner I'm not really in a rush to lower my car again. I sure hope it works though. I want a solution when the time comes for me to lower my car again.

Originally Posted by HeissRod
$120 savings (22% off) on these kits and no one wants in? I'm shocked.

I'd refer you to Shardul's first post in regards to fitment, but we really need Kevin @ KMAC to chime in the guarantee.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You posted in this thread, so I'm sure you already know, but AgSilver is having success with his front bushings.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...er-wear-3.html

Also, to answer a possibly un-asked question from anyone, the new design supposedly holds up to 650hp at the wheels.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e55-amg-w...tire-wear.html
Old 08-13-2013, 10:13 AM
SPONSOR

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Constantly breaking new ground, inventing new ideas, concepts has never been without controversy!

As we point out on one of our thread;
Click here

It’s all about strength and locking devices. We have now gone well beyond daily commutes, with all out 10/10ths race track, proving of current designs.

So yes, we can now guarantee what the front and rear kits are designed to do. ‘Provide trouble free, precise adjustment to reduce costly inner edge wear. Improve traction, braking and steering response.

Last edited by K-Mac; 08-13-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can you explain the guarantee more?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by K-Mac
Manufacturing the world’s largest range of Camber, Caster, Toe adjuster kits over the last 40 years.
Being the first with both front and read suit Mercedes models – Virtually all 1968

Constantly breaking new ground, inventing new ideas, concepts has never been without controversy!

As we point out on one of our thread;
Click here

It’s all about strength and locking devices. We have now gone well beyond daily commutes, with all out 10/10ths race track, proving of current designs.

So yes, we can now guarantee what the front and rear kits are designed to do. ‘Provide trouble free, precise adjustment to reduce costly inner edge wear. Improve traction, braking and steering response.
So does that "guarantee" cover the cost of the parts and labor to install the kits, should they not work ?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
  1. We offer a refund of the purchase price within 30 days

2. But as with any suspension component of course it simply comes down to bolts being fully tight!

3. Only other problem area is durability and there’s certainly no question re K-MAC here.

4. So as explained all bolts are now fine thread to further ensure ease of tightening. Double length nuts. Swedish Nord Lok brand washers – considered to be the ultimate lock washer. Instructions emphasising correct torque settings and to recheck after actual alignment is carried out.

5. And as we explained in attached thread Resolve premature inner edge tire wear ultimate race track all out competition testing. Drivers pointing out the punishment K-MAC adjuster kits withstand with cars hitting race curbs at top speed, launching and becoming fully airborne then slamming down time and again.

6. Another important inclusion is below explanatory leaflet with each kit describing how the K-MAC patented design precise bush adjustment system works.

Once you get your head around it “adjustment is simplicity itself”.

But the unique design has caused frustration at many “a wheel alignment shop”.

So used to the labour intensive procedure the last 40 years or so of having to press in an offset bush at a precise angle to achieve a required alignment setting. Then disassembly and pressing out bush if setting needs to be re-adjusted.

Many occasions advising owner K-MAC has neglected to include this information, when in actual fact K-MAC bushes can be inserted in any position.

Bolt engages the hardened steel inner bush which is bonded to an elastomer bush that rotates inside a stationery outer steel shell. Simply rotating the bolt head (with nut loose) allows precise adjustment direct on alignment turntable (accurately underload). With the added bonus also of extended life, through the design having twice the load bearing area of OEM bushes. K-MAC Front bushes are also 2 axis eliminating binding when arms travel through their required arcs.

Last edited by K-Mac; 08-14-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by 210e55
I wonder if they will give a better price if they do not include the bushing press? I already have the factory bushing tools. Seems like a waste in my case or if someone is going to have a shop do theirs since the shop is likely to have this tool already anyway....
I'm somewhat interested in a set of front bushings, but also wondering about purchasing the bushings only. I am a dealership tech and already have the needed tools. At $410+shipping for the bushing kit, I think the price point is too high, and judging from the lack of interest others must agree.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C CLASS
I am quite surprised by some of the commentary on this issue. As far as I am aware, this is the only system on this planet that offers camber adjustment on Mercs (and other prestige makes). Prove me wrong.. It is race-tested and proven in conditions surely 100 times more arduous than any roadcar/driver could achieve. It can eliminate camber-induced tyre wear. You pay a lousy 400 bucks to save wear on EACH tyre that costs that much, or maybe two or three times that much. This is a no-brainer. And there is a bulk-buy deal on offer. Are some of you guys crazy? I paid full freight for a kit 18 months ago and have been banking the savings ever since. The kit does NOT go out of adjustment. If there is a tech, expert, dealer or whatever that thinks this kit doesn't work, goes out of adjustment, or causes other problems, then he should just get out of the business before he gives anyone else any more misleading info. As for Mercedes Owners...you paid how much for your car?.... and how much for replacement tyres?... and you can't do the math on a simple bolt-on kit...more money than sense...
Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Originally Posted by Topgun69
I am quite surprised by some of the commentary on this issue. As far as I am aware, this is the only system on this planet that offers camber adjustment on Mercs (and other prestige makes). Prove me wrong.. It is race-tested and proven in conditions surely 100 times more arduous than any roadcar/driver could achieve. It can eliminate camber-induced tyre wear. You pay a lousy 400 bucks to save wear on EACH tyre that costs that much, or maybe two or three times that much. This is a no-brainer. And there is a bulk-buy deal on offer. Are some of you guys crazy? I paid full freight for a kit 18 months ago and have been banking the savings ever since. The kit does NOT go out of adjustment. If there is a tech, expert, dealer or whatever that thinks this kit doesn't work, goes out of adjustment, or causes other problems, then he should just get out of the business before he gives anyone else any more misleading info. As for Mercedes Owners...you paid how much for your car?.... and how much for replacement tyres?... and you can't do the math on a simple bolt-on kit...more money than sense...
LOL first post from a vendor or distributor ????

To the poser - there are a number of well documented issues and KMAC has admitted they made a revision to the design. The question is will the new design hold up ? The cost is not $400, rather more like $800 in parts and $800 in labor, or total cost ~$1,600. Yes if it helps the tires last 2x as long then it should pay itself off in a 1 - 2 tire changes.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM

AMG C CLASS
LOL first post from a vendor or distributor ????

To the poser - there are a number of well documented issues and KMAC has admitted they made a revision to the design. The question is will the new design hold up ? The cost is not $400, rather more like $800 in parts and $800 in labor, or total cost ~$1,600. Yes if it helps the tires last 2x as long then it should pay itself off in a 1 - 2 tire changes.
Wrong. No vendor or relationship. Just logged in as newbie and found subject I knew. Staggered by the misinformation and Ill-informed comment, especially from so-called techs.
On the math - don't understand the figures, but if you chew out 2 x$800 tyres doesn't that cover even exaggerated $1600 cost??
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Wrong. No vendor or relationship. Just logged in as newbie and found subject I knew. Staggered by the misinformation and Ill-informed comment, especially from so-called techs.
On the math - don't understand the figures, but if you chew out 2 x$800 tyres doesn't that cover even exaggerated $1600 cost??

OK here in the US (I say that given you used the word "tyre"), folks generally can get a set of 4 tires for ~$1,000 (tire change)....So the payback period is exactly what I stated earlier 1 - 2 tire changes (1 tire change if you install the bolts yourself and more like 1.5 - 2 tire changes if you have a dealer do the install)....
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
We're supplying the special bush extraction/insertion tools with each front and rear kit.

The Rear tool is quicker and easier to use than factory tool. While Front as Otto explains in attached thread; Resolve premature inner edge tire wear are only basic outer and inner tubes (NOTE: thanks to Otto’s input now smaller inner and more comprehensive instructions!)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Otto certainly makes a good case.

Just noticed this post and wanted to bump it. First off, I am not affiliated with K-MAC in any way. I just thought someone might like an honest review on these bushings if they are considering buying some.

I installed the K-MAC Camber/caster kits on my E350 when I lowered it because it's important to me to do things right when it comes to my cars. For my Mercedes I found few good methods of adjusting alignment settings after I lowered it, and I was impressed with the engineering and quality of these bushings. They are truly heavy duty machined items that make the OEM units look rather sad by comparison.

Installation is straight forward and only requires a good shop press. Which is good, because honestly the installation instructions are sort of slim and if you're not familiar with basic suspension work it could be a daunting undertaking. The included installation tubes are a nice touch. The only negative is that the smaller tube that is used to press out the factory bushing is a very tight fit into the lower control arm and you will need a slightly smaller press disc to push it back out of the control arm after pressing the factory bushing out.

I lowered my 2009 E350 using the Eibach/H&R lowering springs. They dropped my car 1" in the rear and 1.2" in the front which was the drop I was looking for. The initial alignment after lowering the car showed -3.1 degrees of camber in the front and -2.2 degrees of camber in the rear. In the front, the factory camber adjustment bolts only moved it .5 degrees which still left me at -2.6 degrees. Which will cause severe inner tread wear in a very short time. And quality tires for the Mercedes are not cheap. The factory front camber spec. on my 2009 E350 is -.90 degrees +/- .50 degrees. The K-MAC bushings got me to -1.3 degrees which is within factory specification. Even the K-MAC's couldn't get me all the way to -.90 degrees but I have no tire wear issues and the car handles and rides extremely well. I would have preferred to get all the way to -.90 degrees but as long as I was within factory tolerance I was pretty satisfied. Especially considering the awful numbers I started with. The K-MAC bushings also definitely tighten up the steering response. That was an unexpected bonus that impressed me more the more I drove the car.

The rear K-MAC bushings got me from -2.20 degrees all the way to -.90 degrees with ease, and going all the way to +1.0 was possible.

If you are considering using lowering springs to get that perfect look and to improve the cornering on your Mercedes I can't encourage you enough to do it right. If you just drop in the lowering springs and set the toe (which tends to be method I see all too often in my shop) you're going to destroy tires in record time and you will lose that marvelous steering precision that makes your Mercedes a joy to drive. And if you're just seeking a way to increase your steering feel and response these bushings are a great way to go.

Now in the spirit of honesty the K-MAC bushing kits are not cheap. They cost 3 times what the springs cost. But for my car there wasn't a quality alternative and destroying expensive tires was never an option. There is a lot to be said for doing things right the first time.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
HeissRod, Thank you for your efforts, I found Otto's post interesting, I was under the impression that the range of adjustment allowed a person to get passed not just to tolerance +++++. I was also hopeful that K-Mac would have given a realistic price point for this group buy. For now I plan to see what SPC offers.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No problem. With or without the group buy, I will be getting the front bushings. I am tired of going through front tires in ~5k miles and 90% of the tread face still looks great with plenty of depth while the inner tread is worn down nearly to the steel belts. The $120 savings would have been nice, though.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
HeissRod, Thank you for your efforts, I found Otto's post interesting, I was under the impression that the range of adjustment allowed a person to get passed not just to tolerance +++++. I was also hopeful that K-Mac would have given a realistic price point for this group buy. For now I plan to see what SPC offers.
Thanks heiss for the effort, Im with yacht, the price point is not for me. I just raised my car a bit and will wait for a while.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Originally Posted by HeissRod
No problem. With or without the group buy, I will be getting the front bushings. I am tired of going through front tires in ~5k miles and 90% of the tread face still looks great with plenty of depth while the inner tread is worn down nearly to the steel belts. The $120 savings would have been nice, though.
If your tires aren't asymmetrical, have you thought about "flipping the tires" about midway through its tread life? I have been doing so on my E46 BMW with reasonable success.

I would totally do the same for my W211 but I recently mounted Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, which I just discovered are asymmetric.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm also running Michelin PSS, so no flipping for me.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:36 AM

AMG C CLASS
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Here's a classic case of what's wrong with most of the respondents to this subject on this Forum. If Yachtmaster read the post properly he would have seen the car was substantially modified, yet the KMac system got the client the result and within a whisker of the ideal adjustment. Please explain how the manufacturer of an after-market product made to modify the design shortcoming of a manufacturer's STANDARD car could possibly know all the permutations and combinations of customer after-market suspension changes, which may or may not be legal. Not to mention, he could not have got ANY adjustment whatsoever without the kit.

Now let me see if I got this bit right... the owner of an AMG Merc can't afford a kit that fixes a major design fault. And wants to be taken seriously. But now let's see, we'll just trot-off and get the el-cheapo model that doesn't even work properly, and if I'm not mistaken reading owner reports, this kit uses metal-to-metal bushings. Not only a ride-killer, but an engineering no-no.

And let's not let the facts get in the way of a good argument... elsewhere in this same Forum, I read of guys complaining their $1000-per-piece tires are chewing out, but magically, Mr AMG is buying four for that price. No-doubt he gets them from China, off a widened rickshaw. Just as well he's not getting a camber kit, he wouldn't know the difference.

And on the subject of 'tyres', 'tires'...from some other poser... So I posted while OS, using my partner's computer which spell-checked my tires to tyres... the original spelling... So some smartypants thinks this disproves the engineering of the product...any excuse...the sheer breathless arrogance of the ill-informed know-all-know-nothings has reduced this subject to the lowest common cerebral denomination... Not to mention that 'get passed' should read 'get past'... pre-school mistake...

Thank god for 'Otto' at least he has his brain engaged...if I were KMac, I would ban most of the posters to this list from buying my kit... it's a waste
Old 08-16-2013, 06:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
It does not matter if the product cost $50. IF it does not work the way it was advertised like the prior design, the cost goes up and my time is wasted. People who buy things and value their money even if they have millions on only paycheck to paycheck have a right to be concerned when there is an apparent flaw in the last design. When a company says they guarantee their product to work, which they also stated in their last design but failed, consumers have a right to know what this changes are in this guarantee. As stated the labor cost including re-alignment is 3/4 the product cost itself (F/R) and thats just if the product works and you don't have to remove it due to failure.

The Math is easy, IF the product works it is cheaper than 4 new tires every so few miles. But pointless if it does not work, and I have to pay to have it removed, and buy new tires again because the product failed to do it's job.

I am not bashing K-Mac, but I am waiting for more reviews or test results. This will give people more ease of mind and more likely to buy.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Here's a classic case of what's wrong with most of the respondents to this subject on this Forum. If Yachtmaster read the post properly he would have seen the car was substantially modified, yet the KMac system got the client the result and within a whisker of the ideal adjustment. Please explain how the manufacturer of an after-market product made to modify the design shortcoming of a manufacturer's STANDARD car could possibly know all the permutations and combinations of customer after-market suspension changes, which may or may not be legal. Not to mention, he could not have got ANY adjustment whatsoever without the kit.
I'll let YM respond to your reading comprehension comments, but think you should read a bit more before throwing stones....

Now let me see if I got this bit right... the owner of an AMG Merc can't afford a kit that fixes a major design fault. And wants to be taken seriously. But now let's see, we'll just trot-off and get the el-cheapo model that doesn't even work properly, and if I'm not mistaken reading owner reports, this kit uses metal-to-metal bushings. Not only a ride-killer, but an engineering no-no.

And let's not let the facts get in the way of a good argument... elsewhere in this same Forum, I read of guys complaining their $1000-per-piece tires are chewing out, but magically, Mr AMG is buying four for that price. No-doubt he gets them from China, off a widened rickshaw. Just as well he's not getting a camber kit, he wouldn't know the difference.
I don't know what "design flaw" you are speaking about, but most would agree that an OEM cannot be blamed if one alters the suspension geometry (e.g. lowers the car) and the are negative ramifications. As mentioned previously, most on this forum would buy the kits if they knew they would work, hold, and last. To blindly throw money at a product without knowledge of its ability to perform is foolish IMHO.

I don't know anyone that spends $1,000 per tire. Most of us that are using the Michelin Super Sport spend about ~$250 - $300 / tire or a tad more than $1,000 for all four. No biggie to me and many others, but when you throw away a tire that has just destroyed the inner 1" when the remaining 8" + are fine, it just seems wasteful. As such, I and many others with lowered, high horse powered AMGs are interested in a solution.

And on the subject of 'tyres', 'tires'...from some other poser... So I posted while OS, using my partner's computer which spell-checked my tires to tyres... the original spelling... So some smartypants thinks this disproves the engineering of the product...any excuse...the sheer breathless arrogance of the ill-informed know-all-know-nothings has reduced this subject to the lowest common cerebral denomination... Not to mention that 'get passed' should read 'get past'... pre-school mistake...

Thank god for 'Otto' at least he has his brain engaged...if I were KMac, I would ban most of the posters to this list from buying my kit... it's a waste
So I am a poser because I questioned the fact that you used the British spelling of the word tire and you came out guns-o-blazing on your very first post defending a product you clearly have no experience with ? No idea what "OS you are using", but generally auto-spell is controlled by the country assigned in the OS (which would indicate you are not in the US), but I digress. I will try to keep this really basic for you - if the product works and the company is willing to guarantee it will work on high torque e-class AMGs, then I will buy it.

Last edited by cij911; 08-16-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
I actually bought my E55 from a widened rickshaw for the paltry sum of $12,100. I also get my tires free, if somewhat pre-owned but not certified. FWIW...

Yacht Master can simply dial in some rudder trim to correct his alignment.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 PM

AMG C CLASS
I'll let YM respond to your reading comprehension comments, but think you should read a bit more before throwing stones....

I don't know what "design flaw" you are speaking about, but most would agree that an OEM cannot be blamed if one alters the suspension geometry (e.g. lowers the car) and the are negative ramifications. As mentioned previously, most on this forum would buy the kits if they knew they would work, hold, and last. To blindly throw money at a product without knowledge of its ability to perform is foolish IMHO.

I don't know anyone that spends $1,000 per tire. Most of us that are using the Michelin Super Sport spend about ~$250 - $300 / tire or a tad more than $1,000 for all four. No biggie to me and many others, but when you throw away a tire that has just destroyed the inner 1" when the remaining 8" + are fine, it just seems wasteful. As such, I and many others with lowered, high horse powered AMGs are interested in a solution.

So I am a poser because I questioned the fact that you used the British spelling of the word tire and you came out guns-o-blazing on your very first post defending a product you clearly have no experience with ? No idea what "OS you are using", but generally auto-spell is controlled by the country assigned in the OS (which would indicate you are not in the US), but I digress. I will try to keep this really basic for you - if the product works and the company is willing to guarantee it will work on high torque e-class AMGs, then I will buy it.
Point 1: So you have to be an 'expert poster' before you can make a comment. So that rules out the Engineering Director of Mercedes I guess :-).
Point 2: please pay attention when lecturer is instructing. I posted as a user with experience of the product. Perhaps because of your 'newcomer' bias you didn't want my opinion. Or maybe you just don't want someone criticising your ill-informed comment.
Point 3: OS is Overseas where people have different spelling. So what. This has exactly what to do with suspension engineering.
Point 4 . There were comments about $1000 tyres.
Point 5. So what? $250 or $1000 they still chew out. Do you want to fix the problem or not?
Point 6. Why do you ignore the evidence of other posters to your forum on this subject? Maybe you have a vested interest in this somewhere?
Point 7. I didn't use the term Poser first. Don't start something you can't finish.
Summary: you are just one of several uninformed 'List Bullies' who just tries to intimidate other people.
My car works. Shame about yours.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Wow, the controversy - thought simple group buy front and rear adjusters to suit all Mercedes models. To finally resolve premature tire wear, improve traction and extend bush life.
But did point out Tuesday 13th August posting, always controversy with new products, ideas. Going where nobody has been before (see our Performance Racing Industry Orlando, Florida video – click here)

With diagram explaining the simplicity of adjustment of our patented bush designs. Replacing the last 40 years or so labour intensive procedures with a fast, accurate single wrench design.

The frustration of alignment shops as though they have been presented with a Rubik’s cube, but turning to delight once they get their head around the efficiency of the new K-MAC concept.

Must thank “Otto” for his thoughtful, in-depth evaluation and quality appraisal of both front and rear adjusters on the W211 model. “Top Gun” who obviously is just so frustrated by the amount of negativity. Plus the race scrutineers that for strength and reliability will not allow any other brand of bushings to be used.

Also HeissRod and his efforts to put the Group buy together. We can at least offer you the group buy deal on the Front Camber and Caster kit and the rear Camber and Toe adjuster kits. So that you can finally have precise ongoing adjustment facility front and rear on your W211 to resolve that premature wear.

Last edited by K-Mac; 08-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for K-MAC bushings (front and/or rear)