Sponsored by:

E55 vs ZO6 rematch video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by KevonMaxwell
How many e55 owners on here live in jax????
I'd need a bit of notice too, usually same day wouldn't be a problem though.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
My E55 isn't a rocket, I will bring that to run your E55 if you wanted, but those other guys get the V if that meeting happened.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM

2003 E55 amg
How can you make a statement of being stock and have a Kenni bell strapped to the motor. Ryan the facts ate you both lost 2 out of three runs , Sparky aka Tadpole I never said your car was faster than mine . How about this Tadpole I will take my lower pulley off and put my car back to exactly the way I ran you that night. The only difference is we put up a friendly bet of $500. You can let who ever you want drive your car. Best out of three. Look at the bright side if you win you can help Ryan get some tires so the excuses#himrunningscared# will stop.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is getting good lol
Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
KevonMaxwell what size crank pulley did u go with ? ps just leave it on and destroy him
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Cool vid, and nice kill
Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The crank pulley/supercharger pulley combo is going to be wild in the winter but during these really hot summer days is going to be interesting for sure. Going to be very hard to control intake temps unless the meth injection route is indeed went down then the car will be an animal.

His setup is a 178/180 whatever you want to call it crank pulley and the smaller supercharger pulley.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by urbamworm
This is getting good lol
Agree,
Old 08-14-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SPEEDinjection
I meant to respond to this earlier... not to beat a dead horse but just like my Z06 is NOT heavily modified, neither is the 08 GT... the mustang is a 100% stock 3v 4.6 motor with a blower bolted on and exhaust. I don't know if Mr. Maxwell misled you on that was well...also the AMG was not heat soaked when it raced the GT... I actually jumped in and drove the GT for the owner after the 1st run with the AMG... I put it as the last run in the video for dramatic effect lmao... the AMG was FAR from heat soaked ...the GT is simply the faster of the two cars... now that the facts are out, definitely looking forward to seeing the AMG with the new mods as I will likely be driving the mustang again lol
In street racing, they are all stock! My truck is bone stock with a turbo!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:06 PM

2003 E55 amg
180 crank and a supercharger pulley , Just received my Ecu back from eurocharged . Im still trying to figure out the best Meth kits AMG guys use on their cars . Urbamworm- What Kind of numbers with meth do you think I can pull with that setup ????
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
180 crank and a supercharger pulley , Just received my Ecu back from eurocharged . Im still trying to figure out the best Meth kits AMG guys use on their cars . Urbamworm- What Kind of numbers with meth do you think I can pull with that setup ????

Howerton Engineering.. Been thinking of meth myself.. Put this on and it's game over for him.. Only use it for cooling don't tune for it.. Your car up top will pick up Alot of power, especially in the heat... Good luck
Old 08-14-2013, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tough to call since you are on stock manifolds, would say 500whp and 560wtq but I am somewhat guessing.

Did you happen to ask them about the need for injectors or not on your current setup? I would highly recommend going and dynoing the car to check the air/fuel, not only to be sure you aren't leaning out from max injectors if you are going to be running stock, but also to make sure air/fuel is good and doesn't need to be adjusted by Jerry.

You can send him an email with the graph showing air/fuel on the bottom and he will adjust the tune and send it back to you. You can download the Eurocharged "Euro-Flash V2" software and load the new tune yourself with a generic obd2 cord hooked to your laptop. I have one if you need it. He might give the adjusted tune to you free if he is being generous or may charge like $30 since they used to do free retunes but changed the rules as of the first of this year. I am surprised you sent the ecu to them because they always just do remote tunes and now even just have people flash the tune themselves with that new software.

My file they sent me originally needed adjustment though and I picked up 30whp after the reflash. My car was running real rich at first. Going back to the stock injectors, they are on the verge of being maxed in the 500whp area depending on how clean they are and good they flow, then the upgrade is to 550cc. People have seen 100% duty cycle in logs at 500whp give or take a few, but I would definitely get bigger injectors. The meth will help though since it will put you a good half point richer (12:1 down to 11.5:1) for example. I would probably run a 375cc nozzle to not go to rich with the car but offer some cooling. But a 625cc nozzle would probably be your best bet for cooling but I think you may get to rich with the tune not adjusted at all for the meth. Guess it depends on your injectors though.

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-14-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 PM

2003 E55 amg
When I talked to Eurocharged , they said I should be fine with the map they sent me . They also said I should be in the 490whp and 525 whp area as long as I can control the heat issue. 50/50 mix is what I will start with and control the richness by adding more water or more meth . I will probably do the 650cc injectors next month. I don't want to run out of fuel when I start really adding power to it in the near future. My goal is 600whp . How many guys have reached that level on a factory blower????
Old 08-14-2013, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
you should be adding headers first or at least that is my opinion.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I only know of one car that did 600+ without nitrous or the upgraded supercharger and that is e55amgrocket. He has ported heads, PTE (custom made by a old board member, he may still be around) cams, big crank pulley, headers, bigger throttle body, custom y pipe off throttle body and intake setup and that was on a race gas tune with q16.

Most are between 500-550 that have all the above (minus heads/cam) on 93 when running something like 185 or 190 crank pulley or a combo like you have. The guys with the combo I think all are running either meth or a killer chiller or both and one or two of those guys also have ported heads (lower boost) as well.

With the stock manifolds and that pulley combo you are going to have a lot of backpressure and high boost so that thing is going to be a serious heat pump. The car will probably be slow in this heat after a little blast (under 100) so you definitely don't have a choice in getting meth or killer chiller. And if you can I would get headers as soon as possible to lower the boost a little which will in turn lower the intake temps and of course it will free up another 30-45whp

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Meth should be the #1 mod on these cars.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
My E55 isn't a rocket, I will bring that to run your E55 if you wanted, but those other guys get the V if that meeting happened.
Ya I'm thinking it would be a close race between our 55s as we have pretty similar mods and would be fun.

IMO first best mod is headers.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Originally Posted by Shifter
IMO first best mod is headers.
this
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
I will destroy the z06 no nitrous, and I bet we would be side by side with him on the bottle.

I don't know what all you guys are waiting for, I am ready right now. Hell I was up at 2am last night trying to get Sir-Boost to meet up in his CLS on his way through Jax back to Orlando lol. Day or night any time I am ready to win or lose.
I think you may be right...I kinda changed my thoughts at the end of my quote...go get him...bottle and all! I am exactly like you URB...would wait day or night to run, win or lose with no excuses!

i drove the mustang for the owner because he obviously needs more seat time, the mustang is a tad bit faster than the E55 when driven properly...
Possibly, but hard to tell in the vid with dif drivers at dif times and the benz does heat soak quickly.

Hello Z06 guy, you free tonight? Oh and bring your bottle I will meet up in my V.
Just great!

Doubtful lol... I'm just now getting the wife to let me put more money into my fast car lol...the Z06 is kinda on the back burner...but as soon as I get some tires ill let my buddy know and we can set it up.. I probably won't see any updates on this board as I don't get on it for obvious reasons... but was nice to meet you guys... yall be safe!
Tires? Roll from 50 mph or ...$600 for tires on a bad day! My bar bill was almost that last night!

Andddd that is why I'm single lol. E55 and CTS-V both on the front burner haha.
ROFLMAO...Ahhhhh the great life we choose! When I go and see my Dad in Ocala I must stop by Urb! I may not have any of my cars with me but I will run you in his 2013 Camry!

... the AMG was FAR from heat soaked
You seem like a good guy...albeit with bad tires...but I guess you have no idea how fast AMG's heatsoak! No excuse though, I understand!

Ryan I had no idea you were monitoring my IAT. Once again I won two out of three runs.
Pretty funny...and he did.

Kevon all these excuses is why my street racing days have come to almost a complete stop...always some excuse..you are always shouting run what ya brung...you told me your cooling mods were done and your car was a different animal (which it clearly is!!) I'm not taking that away from you .. but here you are whining about IATs again. ..bro you lost...period.... the GT driven properly is a faster car and had IAT of 180-190 on the dyno but you dont here any whining on his end...the fact is .if I had been driving the other 2 runs you would have lost all 3... just admit it bro... geez... its really not that serious.. you may beat me with ur new mods and if you do ill shake ur hand and go on with my life..I won't go on Corvette forums talking about how I ran some crazy rediculous AMG and barely lost....
Lame 'excuse'...just do what I do and ignore the excuses...it's the run that's fun! I am the same win or lose...don't care.

QUOTE: Oh come one, it was good enough to run the other stuff but not now?!!! I thought we weren't making excuses!!!

QUOTE: This may just be my opinion, but when a "stock" car that doesn't come with one gets a supercharger bolted on, that makes it not so stock anymore lol Yeah, I would not consider a Mustang GT with supercharger and exhaust stock. What does it take to make it not "stock" then, a turbine engine strapped to the trunk?

DITTO

QUOTE: P.S. I am ready right now, ready at lunch time, ready after work hours today, ready tonight. Lets do this! Bring the Mustang, bring the Z06, bring the BOTTLE, bring the E55, bring it all!!!!!

P.P.S. I am trying to help you guys out, you will want to run me now instead of when I get back in 1.5 weeks haha. I will be packing more heat then.[/QUOTE]

LOVE IT!

This is getting good lol
No, no...gettin great!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I expanded my horizons and posted a thread in the bi-turbo E63 section a few days back looking for a tuned one and got nothing, so then I went to the Audi forum in the B5 S4 section because some of those cars can be very fast with the bigger sized upgraded turbos in the 600whp range and just got trash talk from them too but nobody wanting to run. Now the thread is gone, so that sucks, but I can't get anyone to run me!! lol

I even found a video on Youtube of a V vs ZL1 in Tampa (saw signs in the video) and emailed that guy asking to do runs with either car since I will be there tomorrow and no response. WTF!

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-15-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
David, when my car is done and your in town, I'm coming up there. I can bring the 600 also.

Btw, this thread is good!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
I expanded my horizons and posted a thread in the bi-turbo E63 section a few days back looking for a tuned one and got nothing, so then I went to the Audi forum in the B5 S4 section because some of those cars can be very fast with the bigger sized upgraded turbos in the 600whp range and just got trash talk from them too but nobody wanting to run. Now the thread is gone, so that sucks, but I can't get anyone to run me!! lol

I even found a video on Youtube of a V vs ZL1 in Tampa (saw signs in the video) and emailed that guy asking to do runs with either car since I will be there tomorrow and no response. WTF!
Maybe when you look too hard it's a bit tougher to find a run. Sit tight...there will be plenty of guys to run. Over here in Long Island I could get you 3 runs a day and legit competitors!

RBJ is obviously just like us...maybe worse! When he is ready you guys will have a blast.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by 60nomad
Maybe when you look too hard it's a bit tougher to find a run. Sit tight...there will be plenty of guys to run. Over here in Long Island I could get you 3 runs a day and legit competitors!

RBJ is obviously just like us...maybe worse! When he is ready you guys will have a blast.
No, you guys are like ME.

David, if your seriously looking for a good race, come down here. I'll make a few calls. . That Racing Channel has some cars for you. I'll even get Rage-Teks 740whp skittle to run.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have never had many encounters in any fast car I have owned going on like 8 years now. Could probably count on two hands how many.

RBJ is 5 hours from me or there would be a lot more action. He lives in a prime location for that stuff. Everyone in South Florida has big nuts and is ready to show them.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Elliot I am heading to the Keys Sunday so I can stop in Miami. I will have upper 600s in this heat to give you an idea of what cars to look for.

my guess is the car would trap 133 right now in the summer on 93 octane.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs ZO6 rematch video