Sponsored by:

Put the gates HD 505 belt on tonight...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 02:14 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Was for the other guy,but note the ,limter removed it will hit 200 mph stock..limter can be removed with star and no tune needed,
I know you could remove the limiter off any car and hit whatever amount the gear allows you to, but it will take you a while to reach 200 mph on a stock m113k.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 350 4-Matic, CL 55 AMG (modified), S 600 Coupe
In the Wrong hands??? Lol

Wish these cars were in the high 40 mark still they get in the wrong hands and people spread dumb info..230 my ***
Far from it, have had 6 benzes, 2 of them over 100K, currently have 3, know them very well, you’re barking up the wrong tree, glad you could get one for under 40k, but believe what you want, just don’t storm the capital building again ok....

Last edited by Mr Williams; 01-09-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:09 PM

MartinWake

Originally Posted by MartinWake
As for 230 mph from what I see on this site https://www.automobile-catalog.com/c...cl_55_amg.html

If you go to transmission specs and check out 5th gear it could be possible, I have seen a e55 do 198 mph in 4th gear on a dyno so maybe 5th gear could reach it?

With my car I have seen it reach 51 mph in first gear before it shifted maybe these numbers are a little off but not by much.
Thanks for having my back on this fourm, never would have shared all the info if I thought it would generate so many idiotic comments, but when you know & experienced what others have not, I guess all the low rent dummies got to add their two cents despite not having the experience like we have. Anything I can do to help you safely increase your hp, I look forward to, I’ve helped family, friends & acquaintances with various types of cars, upgrade to reach there cars potential for the past 30 years, I know all the best tune shops across the country and where to get all the parts you’ll need. Also don’t listen to that jerk*ff who told you not to get the belt wrap kit, my stock supercharger belt squeaked/chirped every time I accelerated hard and would sometimes lose solid contact during prolonged racing, but there is no slipping and much more power with the belt wrap kit, check out vrpspeed.com and let’s put some stitches in the mouths of these fake *ss snitches..... Lol
Old 01-09-2021, 07:10 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
I want to buy a fixed pulley. I do not trust any other clutched pulley other then oem.

I GOT A FSP BRAND NEW IN A BOX 77MM..LET ME KNOW ,.i GOT TONS OF STUFF
Old 01-09-2021, 07:21 PM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by Mr Williams
Far from it, have had 6 benzes, 2 of them over 100K, currently have 3, know them very well, you’re barking up the wrong tree, glad you could get one for under 40k, but believe what you want, just don’t storm the capital building again ok....
Leave your politics alone and i would suggest you keep your dumb comments to yourself as this is for cars not for your immature words..

Now getting back to the cars i would love to see you do 230 + mph cause if you do you will hold the record for this..Also that chirp is not slip that's the clutch comes on..You just joined on here i see your going to make so many pals on here..

Last edited by oneslow55; 01-09-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:24 PM

CL55
I GOT A FSP BRAND NEW IN A BOX 77MM..LET ME KNOW ,.i GOT TONS OF STUFF
77mm would probably be good the only reason I am going 76 is because I have the 280 supercharger which makes a little less boost. anyways what other parts you have? any heat exchangers?
Old 01-09-2021, 07:57 PM

Leave your politics alone and i would suggest you keep your dumb comments to yourself as this is for cars not for your immature words..

Now getting back to the cars i would love to see you do 230 + mph cause if you do you will hold the record for this..Also that chirp is not slip that's the clutch comes on..You just joined on here i see your going to make so many pals on here..
I Joined years ago back in the late 90’s when I had just bought a W140 V12 RennTech modified coupe (which I still have), upgrading from a W126 560 SEC, but got bored with the forum because very few had the V12 back then and I’ll choose higher ground on your own immaturity and have pals across the entire country on & off many different forms and have many different high end cars, but go sell your parts, don’t want to disrupt your hustle. Lol
Also the slight belt squeak on heavy acceleration stopped immediately after having the belt wrap kit installed, you seem to know somethings about the car but it’s amazing that you don’t know that the factory supercharger belt setup is flawed and the stock belt only covers 40% of the supercharger pulley, compared to the 80% coverage with the belt wrap kit, is this because u don’t sell the kit??? You can buy it from vrpspeed.com then sell it.

1st - oneslow55 & Other naysayers, Do you actually have a fully functional CL 55, with a great stage 2 ECU tune, a TCU tune, headers, a 92” throttle body and belt wrap kit
2nd - had an account on this site in the 90’s under a different name, lost interest, forgot the password, life goes on
3rd - If anyone else has taken all the necessary steps to prepare their CL55 for greatness and has actually gone down a runway or empty 5 mile straight stretch of empty highway to see what top speed their CL55 can actually do, then let’s hear from them, not you “I never tried it, but it can’t be done” guys!!!
While you’re on here debating it, I’m on the road doing it, I invite you to do the same, because you can, just make the effort!!! If you made the same upgrade efforts with your own CL55 (if u even have one), that you made to try to dis-credit my post, you would have cracked 200 for yourself by now!!! Give it a try internet tough guys!!!

Last edited by Mr Williams; 01-12-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:03 PM

E55 amg
77mm would probably be good the only reason I am going 76 is because I have the 280 supercharger which makes a little less boost. anyways what other parts you have? any heat exchangers?

77 is the same as a 76 and the fsp 77 is slightly smaller..If you went 80 to a 77mm for example you'll never feel it.Not sure anyone make a 76mm fsp i believe.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:15 PM

CL55
77 is the same as a 76 and the fsp 77 is slightly smaller..If you went 80 to a 77mm for example you'll never feel it.Not sure anyone make a 76mm fsp i believe.
How is it the same? 76 is 1mm smaller, very small difference but its there, as I said since I have the 280 supercharger I have to take in account it makes less boost then the 580s thats why I am going for a 76. anyone can make any mm fixed pulley its just a piece of metal. Anyways what is the price on the 77mm fsp you are selling?
The following users liked this post:
Mr Williams (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 08:18 PM

CL55
Originally Posted by Mr Williams
Thanks for having my back on this fourm, never would have shared all the info if I thought it would generate so many idiotic comments, but when you know & experienced what others have not, I guess all the low rent dummies got to add their two cents despite not having the experience like we have. Anything I can do to help you safely increase your hp, I look forward to, I’ve helped family, friends & acquaintances with various types of cars, upgrade to reach there cars potential for the past 30 years, I know all the best tune shops across the country and where to get all the parts you’ll need. Also don’t listen to that jerk*ff who told you not to get the belt wrap kit, my stock supercharger belt squeaked/chirped every time I accelerated hard and would sometimes lose solid contact during prolonged racing, but there is no slipping and much more power with the belt wrap kit, check out vrpspeed.com and let’s put some stitches in the mouths of these fake *ss snitches..... Lol
Yeah same my stock pulley chirps if I let off after a hard acceleration, I even put a go pro in my engine bay to verify it was belt slip. Since I still have a stock pulley it does not bother me that much but will defentily need a wrap kit once I go smaller.
The following users liked this post:
Mr Williams (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 353 Likes on 304 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Oneslow you don't happen to have a bare block due you?
Old 01-09-2021, 08:25 PM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by SICAMG
Oneslow you don't happen to have a bare block due you?

Actually no,sold it when i sold the other 55..I might know some one with one ,ill pm you if he still got it.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:31 PM

E55 amg
Yeah same my stock pulley chirps if I let off after a hard acceleration, I even put a go pro in my engine bay to verify it was belt slip. Since I still have a stock pulley it does not bother me that much but will defentily need a wrap kit once I go smaller.

If you can feel difference with 1mm I give you credit as that's 3 whp ..That sound you hear letting off the throttle hard is not slip that's the system retracting back as the tensioner .is releasing.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:17 PM

CL55
If you can feel difference with 1mm I give you credit as that's 3 whp ..That sound you hear letting off the throttle hard is not slip that's the system retracting back as the tensioner .is releasing.
omg bro I know you probably cant feel the difference but as I said 10x I have the 280 supercharger which makes less boost so I have to take into account for the pulley size, If I had the 580 I would get a 77. What is the price tho maybe it entices me

Last edited by MartinWake; 01-09-2021 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:45 PM

E55 amg
omg bro I know you probably cant feel the difference but as I said 10x I have the 280 supercharger which makes less boost so I have to take into account for the pulley size, If I had the 580 I would get a 77.

Well sorry to say 280 vs 580 was not much gain too as i had many different blowers from the 280 and the 580 when i had ported them to see..just don't be fooled on gimmicks..Carfull on doing a clutch delete as the 76mm is offered only with this application on style..The fsp doing drum delete to regular fsp is zero gains and can also throw the rotors a little off balance too.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:52 PM

CL55
Well sorry to say 280 vs 580 was not much gain too as i had many different blowers from the 280 and the 580 when i had ported them to see..just don't be fooled on gimmicks..Carfull on doing a clutch delete as the 76mm is offered only with this application on style..The fsp doing drum delete to regular fsp is zero gains and can also throw the rotors a little off balance too.
Wait what do you mean drum delete? if you're talking about that stuff vrp is doing where they delete the whole clutch system I do not want to do that I just want a fixed pulley instead of one with a clutch like this. As for getting a 76mm fsp there is v tech on facebook that sells any size for $270 also the dtk guys sell any size for the same price.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:11 PM

E55 amg
Wait what do you mean drum delete? if you're talking about that stuff vrp is doing where they delete the whole clutch system I do not want to do that I just want a fixed pulley instead of one with a clutch like this. As for getting a 76mm fsp there is v tech on facebook that sells any size for $270 also the dtk guys sell any size for the same price.
Dtk aka vtech is like buying from wish .Goodluck with that
Old 01-09-2021, 10:21 PM

CL55
Dtk aka vtech is like buying from wish .Goodluck with that
On facebook they seem like two different people that compete with each other anyways yeah ik not the best place to buy from but it depends what you are buying, as I said before I do not trust any clutch pulley other then oem but for a fixed one its essentially a round piece of metal with two little holes not that hard to make. I have even seen people make their own on facebook.

https://vtech.ge/en/products-en/5-me...-any-size.html

Looks like every other fixed pulley out there
Old 01-10-2021, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
why in the hell is everyone feeding an obvious troll?

he claims his CL55 with an m113k and 722.6 hit 230mph with just a belt wrap kit and a tune. The physical gearing limitation means that a CL55 is at redline in 5th gear at 198mph

he claims he "joined back in the late 90's" but his account was created in January 2021 and has 10 total posts?

is there a way to flag this thread as obvious trolling? I mean, he's literally claiming that the stock belt "only overs 40% of the supercharger pulley" which is obviously, demonstrably incorrect. And even if it were true, the surface of the pulley that's contacted by the belt would have zero affect as to how quickly that belt spins the pulley. Are we taking crazy pills here?

Old 01-10-2021, 02:51 AM

CL55
Originally Posted by Sulaco

he claims his CL55 with an m113k and 722.6 hit 230mph with just a belt wrap kit and a tune. The physical gearing limitation means that a CL55 is at redline in 5th gear at 198mph
I don't think thats correct. Check out this video, if the e55 can hit 194 mph in 4th gear I am pretty sure 5th can reach over 200 mph (I know its on a dyno we are just talking about physical gearing) Also I think the CL55 has the same gear ratios as the e class if not longer.

Also I think what he means by the belt kit thing is how much contact area the belt has on the s/c pulley with and without a kit installed.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:58 AM

CL55
Actually according to this site https://www.automobile-catalog.com/c..._e_55_amg.html
The 2003 e55's gears are a little different to the cl55's but I think no one will know for sure unless you slap both on a dyno and let them go all out.

Old 01-10-2021, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
I suppose we're not going to let the minor detail of "literally no one with any 722.6 and/or m113k has ever even claimed to have broken 200mph" get in the way?

what is even the point of this?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:24 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by Sulaco
I suppose we're not going to let the minor detail of "literally no one with any 722.6 and/or m113k has ever even claimed to have broken 200mph" get in the way?

what is even the point of this?

This what happens when these cars get in the wrong hands and have zero understanding on how things work etc.230 mph lmaoo..Also ,if your going to say dtk parts and v tech parts are all created the same since there metal that's really sad..For sure these dudes aew trolling ill have to talk to the mods and check them out.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:47 PM

CL55
This what happens when these cars get in the wrong hands and have zero understanding on how things work etc.230 mph lmaoo..Also ,if your going to say dtk parts and v tech parts are all created the same since there metal that's really sad..For sure these dudes aew trolling ill have to talk to the mods and check them out.
Are you kidding me how am I trolling? I think you have a problem understanding what I am trying to say about a fixed pulley, it is literally a round piece of metal with two small holes I have even seen people diy it and make it themselves. Now if I am going to buy something like a clutched pulley which has to be good quality and is a complex piece I would go oem. This is why 90% of the car people I talk to irl despise the forums its nothing but brainwashed people that swear a higher price tag means they are actually getting something better.

You know what the odd part is I do not trust dtk or v tech parts myself and some how they are beloved on facebook

About the 230 mph stuff I am not saying anyone went that fast all I am pointing out is with the gearing it could be possible but as I said before only way to find out is to throw it on a dyno.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:46 PM

E55 amg
Are you kidding me how am I trolling? I think you have a problem understanding what I am trying to say about a fixed pulley, it is literally a round piece of metal with two small holes I have even seen people diy it and make it themselves. Now if I am going to buy something like a clutched pulley which has to be good quality and is a complex piece I would go oem. This is why 90% of the car people I talk to irl despise the forums its nothing but brainwashed people that swear a higher price tag means they are actually getting something better.

You know what the odd part is I do not trust dtk or v tech parts myself and some how they are beloved on facebook

About the 230 mph stuff I am not saying anyone went that fast all I am pointing out is with the gearing it could be possible but as I said before only way to find out is to throw it on a dyno.
First off it's not that simple as if the metal is not true and the grooves are sharp you'll keep tossing belt or ripping them..it's not as simple as this cause if that was he case you would not be searching for a vtech fsp or anyone else's and you would cut your own or have it made.From your posts you sound young and maybe this your first quick car ,we been around these cars long time and we know what works and don't .Many buy these cars thinking yea i'm going to make 600 whp and fall really really short and don't come even close to this because it's not really possible on the stock tiny blower.And the 230 good luck cause it will never happen .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put the gates HD 505 belt on tonight...