W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to mod, afraid of no traction/being much slower...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
My car was the best when I took off my 180 crank pulley and had stock pullies and only headers and throttle body with tune. Stomp on the throttle from a slow roll and get almost no traction control cutting in with my Pilot Super Sports out back (and Quaife LSD), car would just rip all the way to 100. Put a smaller supercharger pulley on and back to traction control cutting power majorly to 50 or 60mph making acceleration from a stop or slow roll considerably worse. Turn the TC off and spin city, pullies are great for cold weather and rolls from 45-50+ or if drag radials are your daily tire. Street tires, forget about it.

You will also like mentioned above control intake air temps so much more not upping the boost where you will maintain power instead of having one run before loss of power in any kind of remotely warm weather and if it is hot out consider your car as fast as a stock one even with a bunch of mods unless you are running methanol injection or a killer chiller. Losing boost is not a problem, lowering boost is a good thing when you gain power while doing so from headers. More flow means less restriction, boost is nothing but restriction, the more restriction the higher your boost and the more heat you create.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Get all the mods you want for the car. Have them installed and the car tuned. Then learn how to control your right foot. The throttle is not a light switch.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by AMG E Power

SOS, same $WT different day.....just leave it stock and be happy
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by motorkas
Two words:

Divorce and addictive personality. . .Spent my winter building, and summer driving this. . .hey, at least it's German. . .

Long time mang I went through this with my last relationship 7 yrs. Either move to DC from VA and surrender all my guns. Obvious what choice i picked!!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by urbamworm
My car was the best when I took off my 180 crank pulley and had stock pullies and only headers and throttle body with tune. Stomp on the throttle from a slow roll and get almost no traction control cutting in with my Pilot Super Sports out back (and Quaife LSD), car would just rip all the way to 100. Put a smaller supercharger pulley on and back to traction control cutting power majorly to 50 or 60mph making acceleration from a stop or slow roll considerably worse. Turn the TC off and spin city, pullies are great for cold weather and rolls from 45-50+ or if drag radials are your daily tire. Street tires, forget about it.

You will also like mentioned above control intake air temps so much more not upping the boost where you will maintain power instead of having one run before loss of power in any kind of remotely warm weather and if it is hot out consider your car as fast as a stock one even with a bunch of mods unless you are running methanol injection or a killer chiller. Losing boost is not a problem, lowering boost is a good thing when you gain power while doing so from headers. More flow means less restriction, boost is nothing but restriction, the more restriction the higher your boost and the more heat you create.
I still love the benz for other reasons but...this is why we got a V! lmao

URB: Weather isn't too good over here right now but I will have the V back shortly when the weather breaks. I will let you know how it feels and the low dyno numbers for the AWD low numbers dyno! lol
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by 3BNick
Get all the mods you want for the car. Have them installed and the car tuned. Then learn how to control your right foot. The throttle is not a light switch.
Agreed!

The only time I spin the tires is if I want to
Old 08-31-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Originally Posted by SilverStrk
Gun I'm also in Cali:naughty
Originally Posted by turbo97se
@Gunmoto, What's wrong with having headers in Cali?
Someone learn me how to do headers in Cali.

But yes, my first performance mod on my list (if I give in) is an LSD. Actually, headers, tune, LSD...and I'll be very happy.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Originally Posted by motorkas
Two words:

Divorce and addictive personality. . .Spent my winter building, and summer driving this. . .hey, at least it's German. . .

IMG]http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv115/hoyagirl1981/29-3.jpg[/IMG]
Beautiful S1000rr!!