W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just started data logging...fun stuff! What IATs are you guys seeing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
I asked for a conservative tune, maybe that's why it's rich?. My IATs are actually spot on and my IC pump is working properly as well.

Any other potential ideas why it's so off? There something in the tailpipe, maybe those aren't the most accurate readings?
I replied to your PM too...

Jerry knows what he is doing (he did my tunes), but a 10:1 or what looks like even worse in your case is just way too rich. Too rich is not conservative and can actually damage your motor. You should have your car reflashed until your AFRs are closer to 11.5 : 1 IMHO.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
I asked for a conservative tune, maybe that's why it's rich?. My IATs are actually spot on and my IC pump is working properly as well.

Any other potential ideas why it's so off? There something in the tailpipe, maybe those aren't the most accurate readings?
Generally tail pipe readings are more lean than if you were reading up close...So that means you are likely running even richer than the graph depicts.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
TORQUE on Android logs AF and ratios as well. However, only in the paid verion ($4.95). WELL worth the few bucks, especially for the precautionary safety measures of monitoring the vehicle.
Wow I never new torque shows you the AF ratio. What settings you use to make this work. I had the dials selected on my home screen but never shows a figure. On both my C32 and cls55. I would love to be able to see my AF as I drive along. Please tell how you got this to work. I have torque for Android paid app
Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
If you still have cats, that will also affect tail pipe readings on the dyno. Just something else to think about.