W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I need to change my alarm siren! Where to buy? How difficult job?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55, 1997 Mustang Cobra Conv
Looks like I need to change my alarm siren! Where to buy? How difficult job?

Before I left on vaca for a week, I was messing with the Panic siren just because I've never really heard it. Seemed to work fine. Got home after a week & suddenly the Lock/Unlock tones just stopped working?! I did a little research (search button is my friend! and learned that the tones are emitted from the alarm siren. So I tried the panic button & now only the fog's/tails are flashing...I have a silent panic button

Apparently in Mercedes' overengineering things, the alarm siren is battery powered to prevent one from cutting the battery connection to silence an alarm. Good for attempted theft, not so good for a 7 year old car!

Looks like it is located behind the driver's side wheel well, beneath the rear well cover.

Anyone do this recently? Parts.com doesn't appear to be stocking it, anyone know who does for a reasonable cost? And how difficult is it to remove that inner fender / siren bracket? This doesn't seem like an extensive job that I'd have to take to my indy to do...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Easy job. Just remove driver side inner fender liner. See the following thread for more info and part #s: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...arm-issue.html