Sponsored by:

TPMS reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55 AMG, '03 ML500, ‘13 BMW 528i
TPMS reset?

I'm wondering if there's a way to reset the TPMS monitors beside using the reset button on the dash? I did a search but couldn't get the answer I'm looking for.

Short backstory of the issue: This spring I pulled the (stock) wheels off, repainted them, and put on a fresh set of Pilot Super Sports. The wheels/sensors were away from the car for a couple weeks before I put them back on. Afterward, the car read the pressures fine but shows the 'workshop/check tires' light upon every startup or shutdown of the car. I reset it several times using the reset on the dash and drove the car daily this spring, but the light continued to plague me. The car then sat for another 3 months while I was across the country for work this summer, and I secretly hoped that the TPMS sensors and car would "get to know each other" while I was gone. Nope, the light still persists. I will also note that everything was working fine before the wheels were removed from the car.

Not sure why they read pressure fine but the car sees a fault now.

Any way to do some sort of global TPMS reset to resolve this without using STAR? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!