Sponsored by:

Spark plugs replaced....felt improvement right away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
14 S8, 07 E63 Designo, on order 14 G63
Spark plugs replaced....felt improvement right away

Yesterday I had some free time and no activity so I decided to change my spark plugs and filters. The car has 65K on it. I replaced the sparks plugs with Denso and used OEM filters. It took me total of 2 1/2 hours from start to finish (was very careful). Driver side plugs were little more hassle to replace then passenger side one. OEM plugs were ok, but in mind my they needed to be replaced. I could have drove 10-15k more miles on them.

After all said and done, drove around for 5 miles; the car had a sharper response right off the bat. It felt more responsive. I am also hoping/assuming that I might get at least 1-2mpg increase in fuel economy. So far, I would highly recommend changing out your spark plugs if they have 60k or more miles on it.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by phalen302
Yesterday I had some free time and no activity so I decided to change my spark plugs and filters. The car has 65K on it. I replaced the sparks plugs with Denso and used OEM filters. It took me total of 2 1/2 hours from start to finish (was very careful). Driver side plugs were little more hassle to replace then passenger side one. OEM plugs were ok, but in mind my they needed to be replaced. I could have drove 10-15k more miles on them.

After all said and done, drove around for 5 miles; the car had a sharper response right off the bat. It felt more responsive. I am also hoping/assuming that I might get at least 1-2mpg increase in fuel economy. So far, I would highly recommend changing out your spark plugs if they have 60k or more miles on it.

Did the same, and also replaced the coil packs while i was there. K&N filters too. night and day difference. MPGs shot up 2-3 also.