E55 to E63 Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
E55 to E63 Conversion

All,

Ok I'm a good hour and half in searching with no clear picture and with lots of kids, long job hours and long commute I just want to reach out and ask you all some questions about converting the E55 to E63 look. I'd appreciate it guys...

I dug for a while but my experience is such that once I hit threads too old I tend to find they lack more recent pricing, lacking in new best practices, etc. If you would I'd appreciate some info:

- E63 conversion..really like the E63 look verse a dated and more subdued E55. I see people are doing a 'front conversion' I assume this is just bumper and some auxiliary bumper pieces (that info I can find I know when ready, I beleive i've seen it already). Any other 'must haves' or items that one should really consider while also doing a front conversion? (be it anywhere else on body, like in the rear..ehh I don't know I'm not sure what varies between two platforms, just know the E63 looks much better)

- what I'm really after is cost. What is the total cost for conversion? I am VERY much a DIY guy, I've done multiple engine swaps, trannies, etc, but only a bit in terms of body work (rust repair)..is this an easy bolt on job where I can do the labor myself so long as I take it in for paint?

Please share if you would if this is something I could do labor on and if so (or even if not) how much I should expect to spend. Also, again, let me know other E63 conversion updates you think I should look more into. I'm getting a new car soon and want to compare other choices with an E55 with conversion into this mix.

Thanks all, I appreciate any advice/info.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 m3, 2005 e55
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tock-only.html

Ill just drop this in here.. Lots of info.. Recent enough
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
There it is! OK, you know I saw this thread but thought it was just a group buy thread so didn't click on it. I'm a few pages in now...I see about how much equipment costs and see it appears I can put it on myself...now just hoping to find how much people paid to have it painted.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and direct me here.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
dude every shop is going to quote you different on paint.. you have people that have been raped up the anus and paid 1000 plus on a front bumper paint job, some do it them self's as they have the proper tools and such.. but you should pay more than 400, 500 for a nice paint job and install