W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Smart Key Dumb Owner and Passenger Mirror Dip Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 02:45 AM

Nissan Frontier
Smart Key Dumb Owner and Passenger Mirror Dip Down

Hi, I just got a 2008 E63 and am still learning about all the different things on the car. Two things that I'm still having problems on that I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Passenger mirror dip down function during reverse. I can't get it to work. Tried the directions in the manual and some instructions in the thread here and still nothing. The car is running. i put the car in reverse. i put the mirror selector to the passenger side. I tilt the mirror down to where I want. I press M on the power mirror memory button and immediately press the down arrow. The mirror doesn't move, which the manual says, is evidence that the programming "took." I shift to drive and go over 10mph and for over 10 seconds and the mirror just doesn't want to come back up. I have tried only hitting M without the down arrow, which was an instruction by someone in another thread, and that didn't work either. I'm at my wits end here. Anyone know what's up? I have power seats with memory, option packages 1 and 2. Dunno what software updates the car has had. Under Convenience settings on the dash, there is no option for the dip down feature. Any ideas?

2. I have Smart Keys. When I grasp the driver's door handle, the car unlocks. When I hit the little square button, the car locks. But this works only with the driver's door. I cannot seem to get the other doors to respond. They will no lock (passenger door' square button on the handle) or unlock (any door except driver's door) via Smart Key. I have held the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob and that only changes whether the car unlocks all doors at once, or only the driver's door, unless a double press on the key fob, which unlocks all doors. The manual doesn't suggest that there was a way to disable locking/unlocking the doors via Smart Key at the other doors except the driver's door (I think tis is what they call "Global Lock/Unlock"). But it seems that's what I have going on? I can only lock and unlock via the driver's handle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-14-2013 | 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
My memory seems to wisper to me that it needs to be enabled at the dealer.
Old 10-14-2013 | 06:03 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2012 GL550, 2000 Ford Lightning, 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
The mirror feature will only work if the right side mirror switch (the one one the adjustment switch) is engaged.