Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
BT - issues

ok - anyone else have this issue with their BT

I can connect my phone to BT and I can call from my phone and i can see that it dials, but after there I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me - its driving me nuts as I typically take a few work calls in the car while commuting and hold the phone up so i can hear it is just not working - any all help is appreciated

I am trying to get my car in to a tech who does work on the side - have to fix a bunch of lil things but thought i'd post here first -

Thanks guys -
Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55
Mike,
What type of phone are you using? I'm having nearly the same problem with my S55, using a Galaxy SIII and the Motorola BT adapter in the handset cradle. In my case, it will connect with the phone, I can see the numbers in the display and scroll through them, and I can make a call. And then it does the same thing as yours, I can't hear the phone dialing or anyone picking up (I checked by calling my work voice mail) but it does connect because I had a message at work and I could hear background noise on the message, although I'm not sure if that was picked up via the in-car microphone or through the phone's microphone.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by 123Pokey321
Mike,
What type of phone are you using? I'm having nearly the same problem with my S55, using a Galaxy SIII and the Motorola BT adapter in the handset cradle. In my case, it will connect with the phone, I can see the numbers in the display and scroll through them, and I can make a call. And then it does the same thing as yours, I can't hear the phone dialing or anyone picking up (I checked by calling my work voice mail) but it does connect because I had a message at work and I could hear background noise on the message, although I'm not sure if that was picked up via the in-car microphone or through the phone's microphone.
mine is iPhone 4S and has been fine - just stopped one day - tried the wifes phone too - kind of random how it happened - ill keep you posted once my guy calls me back