Sponsored by:

Considering making the jump.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Most likely you're just noticing the supercharger kicking in. Unlike other blowers, ours are driven on a clutched pulley that engages the s/c when getting heavy on the throttle. It's one of the quirks of this platform...
Yup, a quick search on the boards showed me that. But, it feels much more than a design quirk - it honestly feels like rapid misfire and you can physically hear it in the cabin. It sounds like textbook misfire flopping sounds from the motor as it gasps for air induction. Is that part of how it normally behaves?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Yup, a quick search on the boards showed me that. But, it feels much more than a design quirk - it honestly feels like rapid misfire and you can physically hear it in the cabin. It sounds like textbook misfire flopping sounds from the motor as it gasps for air induction. Is that part of how it normally behaves?
It's hard to know if we're talking about the same thing without being in the car. The s/c quirk feels like the car cuts throttle for a split second then it kicks back in. The buck it gives can often feel harsh and it depends on where you are in the rpm band, throttle position, or how close it is to a shift point. On top of that, a larger crank pulley will increase the sensation.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Found a COMAND unit locally, P/N A2118202797. I assume this is plug and play for my Audio 50 equipped non-AUX car? Am I correct in assuming that all I need is the OEM AUX kit and I can have AUX capability?

From what I have gathered, my Audio 50 is not even AUX capable so this would be the cheapest OEM style route, correct?