Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another twin turbo 55k car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
Not going to get into any of the arguments here .. there is more to be done it seems by everyone that is developing something .. can't wait to see the results from everyone … better than me doing nothing but spectating

Impressed? Not Impressed? It all depends on where you are standing I guess. If you have already achieved a lot with your car, you may not be so impressed. For me, I am impressed with all the progress that has been made in a short time and the workmanship looks quality from stuff that I have seen so far. Good luck guys.

CLS55tt: How is driving in the snow? Did you get to keep all stock traction control etc? I remember driving mine in the snow … best rear wheel drive I have ever driven in the snow … period!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
just to throw it out there. I believe hammerdown went in the 10s and trapped 129 with basic bolt ons and crappy 91oct but he has a e55 not a cls
Old 12-09-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
i dont know what the fuss is all about here but everyone should just get along... guy build his cls55 for him self not to break world records, he likes it and enjoys it and that's all that matters. Sometimes people get into arguments here for the smallest things and its pointless, why not just share ideas and help one another instead. Happy Holidays everyone try to stay warm out there i know most of you are freezing, while were enjoying 82 degrees weather lol
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
just to throw it out there. I believe hammerdown went in the 10s and trapped 129 with basic bolt ons and crappy 91oct but he has a e55 not a cls
I believe he was on a 91 tune but running race gas in the tank. Either way, the weight difference in the 2 cars isn't that big, and like you said, all the basic "stage 3" mods and you can have an upper 120s trap car with the right setup and tune in some decent weather.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55TT
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I believe he was on a 91 tune but running race gas in the tank. Either way, the weight difference in the 2 cars isn't that big, and like you said, all the basic "stage 3" mods and you can have an upper 120s trap car with the right setup and tune in some decent weather.
Don't believe everything you read and see on the internet

My car trapped 117 mph with 180mm lower, KN filters, FTP Heat Exchanger, EC tune and ice tank... for reference. Theres definitely room for improvement with a couple adjustments on the tt setup.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by cls55tt
I'd love an e63 but they are out of my price range . How much are those mods as well? I'm in at less than 35k total investment including the price of the car.

Urbamworm,

Let me reiterate again, the car has seen the track ONE time for a shake down run. She's not even turned up and only on pump gas. Do you know how a super tight stall affects launching a tt car? Let me get some more seat time and work the kinks out so I can build more than 0 psi off the line Soon enough I'll post dynjet numbers, pictures of it on a scale, and have some more results this spring.
They are a bit much for me now as well seeing that I will drive it once a week or so and I am not looking to take a $20k depreciation in 2 years either! I am waiting for them to be in the $50k-$60k range which will not be too long. There are 5k mile cars already down to mid $70's! The depreciation is sick!

...and what you are saying to Urb...I understand that the car will go faster...in my posts I already gave it the benefit of the doubt and put it at 130mph. Change that stall too and you will love it even more!

I am a fan of full weight running as well as you guys! Enjoy the car and there really is nothing like turbos! Just a different feel.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by berti_00
i dont know what the fuss is all about here but everyone should just get along... guy build his cls55 for him self not to break world records, he likes it and enjoys it and that's all that matters. Sometimes people get into arguments here for the smallest things and its pointless, why not just share ideas and help one another instead. Happy Holidays everyone try to stay warm out there i know most of you are freezing, while were enjoying 82 degrees weather lol
Agreed. I'm bewildered as this forum usually has a sense of comradery to it which is unfortunate to see it degrade to this.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by boostiality

Agreed. I'm bewildered as this forum usually has a sense of comradery to it which is unfortunate to see it degrade to this.
"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking." Albert Einstein
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM

E55
Everything in this thread was going great until someone started saying stupid stuff, go look through the pages and you will see who started all this
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Run your car not your mouth.

The cls is the first TT 55.
It is driven daily.
The first shakedown run at the strip yielded a 127 trap.
The engine is still together.
The fabrication work is among the best I have ever seen.
The build took ONE MONTH!

Mad props brother!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

It is driven daily.

Mad props brother!!!!
amen
Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
i'm building a twin turbo weed wacker so i can do my home lawn maintance faster... gonna be soooo sweet so none of you jabronee's better hate on my TT weedwacker build over on the john deere forums! :P

but seriously one month start to finish build and initial trap of 127 is pretty impressive in test mode- congrats!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

It is driven daily.

Mad props brother!!!!
This
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat
I think you should give credit where it is due,to build a tt 55 motor and have it running in a month is not easy,great job This is something that has been talked about for years now and you guys were able to get it going very quick IMO.. I also believe that this is just the begining for you guys and you will definitely go faster as time progresses..

Having said that,as another member stated,RBJ is a stand up guy and has helped myself and other members alike on several occasions.. He has contributed to this forum and it's not right for some of you members to jump on the bandwagon and insult him and attack his person,not cool at all.. I agree he started with some negativity but I didn't see him attack anyones character or person.. So let's try and keep it civil and stay on track as imo this is great progress for our platform!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I don't see why there's a problem here. The few of us that have trapped in the low 130's know what it took to get there and A. it wasn't cheap, B. it wasn't that easy and C. we all I know that we were pretty much at the limits of the stock blower at that point. The turbo guys are just scratching the surface of what they can do and the limits are unknown. A 1 month build and 127mph trap on its 1st trip to the track is great in my eyes when you look at the entire picture and KNOW there's WAY more in that setup. When I ran 10.50's I knew the only hope I had to go faster with that setup was to drop weight and cooler weather. I tried the nitrous route but wasn't able to get a clean pass in. I don't get the hate in this thread and all the CTS-V trap speed talk. Different cars with complete different engines and aftermarket support galore with the LS platform. Kinda like the new cobras already running mid 8's at 160+ and laughing at the CTS-V owners for "slow" cars. They aren't comparable.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 PM

2006 cls 55 amg
Originally Posted by cls55tt
I had this car built solely to run on pump gas. I wanted it to be practical and it is. Full weight, full interior, and zero weight reduction.

As an example, the best 60 ft I was able to get was 2.2. That wasn't from traction issues. The car just wouldn't build boost at the line. Soon enough I will remedy that issue. If you use simple math (distance divided by time) the difference between 2.2 60 ft with traction and a 1.8 60 ft with traction is significant. You don't think that will translate to a faster trap speed considering the car pulls power all the way to redline?

Anyway, I wouldn't make any assumptions as I am far from done. I just wanted to get it out there before the season was over. I'm not swinging my dick anywhere. I simply posted pictures and videos to share with the forum. In my opinion shes plenty fast and the sleeper factor is what makes it fun for me

Out of curiousity, do you guys know what the fastest CLS55 out there is?

fastest cls55 --- 11.1 @ 126.09 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-24683.html

my cls55 --- 11.653 @ 120.71 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-25567.html
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM

E55
Junky was negative and he likes touting that he's been in prison and likes getting drunk often
He destroyed his own damn character
Everything was going great in this thread until he opened up his ex con drunk mouth
Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 60nomad
CLS55- 2006 4069LBS others not specifying year were 4329 and 4308lbs

CTSV- 4313LBS

So, that theory is out the window! At best they are the same weight. Urb is certainly not bashing anyone here and he is, indeed, comparing apples to apples as far as weight goes. I agree that I just don't get it either but I am rooting for all the guys with all this work into these amg's to go 9's and lo 10's at well over 130mph. It is just the time and money to attempt it doesn't add up. What I do understand is that guys want to overachieve and be 'THE' guy to do this or that and do it well! Kind of a competition or self gratifying...so I do understand that part of it. Dollars, cents and time? I will never understand it...that's just me!

Keep in mind...I am a big fan of the AMG's and what I am going to do with in the next year is get a 2012 E63 and do a downpipe and tune and go 10.80's at right around 130mph! NOW THAT MAKES SENSE TO ME! lol
When this happens I am still keeping the V!
The OP was comparing the weights of the CLS and E class. What does the weight of a CTS-V have to do with anything relevant? You bring up time. The OP stated he spent less than a month on this build. Hasent your V build been going on a few months now?

I never said that! We are talking ONLY downpipe and tune for 10.80's! Another $5k-$7k, a fraction of what is into these other cars, and I will probably smoke them and drive it everyday, everywhere on top of having a 2012 car! Just my opinion!

The point was what Urb was saying about all this work to trap 130mph...I trapped a best of 133.6mph and went a best of 10.58 in my V for $4k in parts, tune and minor exhaust work! That's the point but I fully explained that 'they' are doing it to a different car! Understandable in my eyes for what 'they' feel like doing. Everyone isn't looking for the 'best bang for the buck'. 'They' want to do it to 'this' car or 'that' car. I understand that for them...not for me! I said I love the AMG's but the V aint a bad lookin car either!
$5-7k is only a fraction of what this guy has into this cls? Im guessing its a very large fraction of the cost. This guys has a total of $35k into the car and your comparing a 2012 E63 that stock you would be purchasing for roughly $60k. Your comparisons are totally out of whack. I could easily see this TT cls trapping 135+.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I don't see why there's a problem here. The few of us that have trapped in the low 130's know what it took to get there and A. it wasn't cheap, B. it wasn't that easy and C. we all I know that we were pretty much at the limits of the stock blower at that point. The turbo guys are just scratching the surface of what they can do and the limits are unknown. A 1 month build and 127mph trap on its 1st trip to the track is great in my eyes when you look at the entire picture and KNOW there's WAY more in that setup. When I ran 10.50's I knew the only hope I had to go faster with that setup was to drop weight and cooler weather. I tried the nitrous route but wasn't able to get a clean pass in. I don't get the hate in this thread and all the CTS-V trap speed talk. Different cars with complete different engines and aftermarket support galore with the LS platform. Kinda like the new cobras already running mid 8's at 160+ and laughing at the CTS-V owners for "slow" cars. They aren't comparable.
Maybe you should read all my posts again and tell me where on earth there is HATE!?? Read a little closer!

...and mentioned the trap speed from a similar weight car with minimal mods and then a car, albeit a benz AMG, with twin turbos and gave him the benefit of the doubt saying he WILL go 130mph. I said if people want to build 'a' particular car for a lot of money then I understand and he has done a great job and told him to enjoy the car! It just wasn't for me, that's it. Lots of hate in that! As I always say, I hope you all go as fast as you plan or faster! More hate there I guess!

Originally Posted by AKnight55
The OP was comparing the weights of the CLS and E class. What does the weight of a CTS-V have to do with anything relevant? You bring up time. The OP stated he spent less than a month on this build. Hasent your V build been going on a few months now?

$5-7k is only a fraction of what this guy has into this cls? Im guessing its a very large fraction of the cost. This guys has a total of $35k into the car and your comparing a 2012 E63 that stock you would be purchasing for roughly $60k. Your comparisons are totally out of whack. I could easily see this TT cls trapping 135+.
AK, you just write bc you have fingers! V was done in one day for one...ONE DAY but what does that matter?! I brought up time to build...I don't recall that! When did I mention that? I didn't know if it took him 3 years or 2 days! lmao.. The weight thing looks like he was comparing the V and the CLS...he was quoting Urbamworm!

What does the $5-7k being a fraction of the $35k have to do with...is that saying he has sooooo much into it but then you say he has $35k into it and the 2012 is $60k or did I say $50k to $60k??? Does he have $35k into the build or $35k into the car and the build combined? That might be key for me to know as that was my only question in building these cars about the cost of doing the build to go 'X' fast. That's where the 2012 e63 came into play. Even still, I was only slightly questioning the build to go however fast for much work and TT's but writing it all like a gentleman and praising what is done and will be done to his car. I think some of you guys try and start wars online, wanna race online, talk sh*t online, etc. Incredible!

CLSTT: Let me be the first one to let you know that I had no intention of bashing your car or your build and I really don't think that you took it that way at all! If so, it was NOT meant like that at all!

To give you an idea of how much I appreciate the CLS as well...I was close to buying the car that sir-boost-a-lot purchased and I passed on it bc I spoke to a couple of the people who knew the car and they said that it still needed some finishing and I was not going to finish someone else's project. I also heard that the car didn't run that great either. I think sirboost has straightened much of it out now and the car will run nicely!

Some of you guys shouldn't take these small debates, discussions or whatever so personal like your sticking up for a guy in a boxing match with no arms and legs!

I am quite sure that CLSTT was quite sure that he wasn't be bashed at all by me...that's all I can say!

Last edited by 60nomad; 12-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is just the time and money to attempt it doesn't add up............. Dollars, cents and time? I will never understand it...that's just me!

AK, you just write bc you have fingers! V was done in one day for one...ONE DAY but what does that matter?! I brought up time to build...I don't recall that! When did I mention that? I didn't know if it took him 3 years or 2 days! lmao.. The weight thing looks like he was comparing the V and the CLS...he was quoting Urbamworm!

What does the $5-7k being a fraction of the $35k have to do with...is that saying he has sooooo much into it but then you say he has $35k into it and the 2012 is $60k or did I say $50k to $60k??? Does he have $35k into the build or $35k into the car and the build combined? That might be key for me to know as that was my only question in building these cars about the cost of doing the build to go 'X' fast. That's where the 2012 e63 came into play. Even still, I was only slightly questioning the build to go however fast for much work and TT's but writing it all like a gentleman and praising what is done and will be done to his car. I think some of you guys try and start wars online, wanna race online, talk sh*t online, etc. Incredible!

CLSTT: Let me be the first one to let you know that I had no intention of bashing your car or your build and I really don't think that you took it that way at all! If so, it was NOT meant like that at all!

To give you an idea of how much I appreciate the CLS as well...I was close to buying the car that sir-boost-a-lot purchased and I passed on it bc I spoke to a couple of the people who knew the car and they said that it still needed some finishing and I was not going to finish someone else's project. I also heard that the car didn't run that great either. I think sirboost has straightened much of it out now and the car will run nicely!

Some of you guys shouldn't take these small debates, discussions or whatever so personal like your sticking up for a guy in a boxing match with no arms and legs!

I am quite sure that CLSTT was quite sure that he wasn't be bashed at all by me...that's all I can say!
And you write because? Because you love the attention. You hang out in this forum to gloat about how great your CTS- V is. You know there is a forum for V owners right? Im sure they will appreciate how great your car really is . How is what I said starting a war or talking ****? I was simply making a post stating my opinion, similar to what you have done.

Last edited by AKnight55; 12-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
I would like to apologize to the community of MBWorld and to CLStt and Twinscrew. I was out of line and I give you props on both of your completions!

Over the years I've been here, I've done nothing but try to help any member in any way I can. I've even given parts away for free. Yes, I am an ex-con, but I also own 2 businesses, play professional golf, and raise 7 kids.

I would just like to see a safe afr through redline. Is that to much to ask? We are all after the same goal here.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 PM

E55
From the very beginning the last line is all you had to say and I'm sure we would have all seen answers, I commend you for apologizing , let's all put this behind us
Old 12-09-2013, 10:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
I would like to apologize to the community of MBWorld and to CLStt and Twinscrew. I was out of line and I give you props on both of your completions!

Over the years I've been here, I've done nothing but try to help any member in any way I can. I've even given parts away for free. Yes, I am an ex-con, but I also own 2 businesses, play professional golf, and raise 7 kids.

I would just like to see a safe afr through redline. Is that to much to ask? We are all after the same goal here.
For anyone to bring someone's personal life into a discussion is Absolutely uncalled for... Period... Everyone has skeletons, Everyone.... RBJ has done nothing but to help this community, Period.... Anyone who brings up someone's personal life shoud be banned, Period... Keep it on topic....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by SilverStrk
For anyone to bring someone's personal life into a discussion is Absolutely uncalled for... Period... Everyone has skeletons, Everyone.... RBJ has done nothing but to help this community, Period.... Anyone who brings up someone's personal life shoud be banned, Period... Keep it on topic....
He brought it up himself in another thread that was going on simultaneously with this one so you can't really put that on others. Either way, his apology is a welcomed gesture.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky

Thank you for the apology man, we honestly weren't trying to hide anything g from the mbworld community, we just wanted to get all our ducks in a line before giving people information that we weren't 100% confident in, no hard feelings here we will share any info you guys want

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another twin turbo 55k car