Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Nice..

Originally Posted by BlownV8
That's exactly what I would have done. You could have told the cop he was lying and that you had a way to prove he was lying. Get the trooper to show him that you had a dash camera and ask the driver if he wanted a last chance to change his story. I guarantee he would have told the truth to the trooper.
We think alike.. Resourceful & crafty thinking.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005- E55, 2007 GL450, 94 B3000
That is terrible. At least you are ok. The car can be fixed, or replaced. What a true lack of character on the truck drivers part.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e55 amg
That's fd up ! I'm glad your ok hope everything goes ok
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Man, this reminds me of when some drunk kid ran into the side of mine. The damage seems pretty similar except your door was torn up way worse! I bet you'll be amazed at how much of that will buff out on the other panels. This ceramic paint is like magic. I ended up with a replacement mirror body, new rear door, and a lil paint work besides that. I was able to make out a bit on the kid that hit me as he had money and wanted out of the tickets in court. I'd look into Glassurit 55 line paint and their ceramic clear coat. Demand your insurer use this paint as it is equivalent to the factory stuff. My insurance adjuster got mad at my shop when it was brought up, asking how I knew about any of that. He told em I was a car guy and knew what I had and wanted it done right. Allstate ended up covering the cost in the end. It was around a couple hundred bucks for 2 small cans. It also did not require any blending at all as it truly was a PERFECT match in any light. Even the shop that did high end restorations was amazed at how well it matched my pewter paint. Usually pewter is nearly impossible to get a perfect match on.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 PM

2006 E55
Hope you didn't get too banged up. You should be able to get that fixed right up. Thats a pretty easy hit in my book and a competent shop should be able to get that thing right back to is former glory.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Originally Posted by BlownV8

That's exactly what I would have done. You could have told the cop he was lying and that you had a way to prove he was lying. Get the trooper to show him that you had a dash camera and ask the driver if he wanted a last chance to change his story. I guarantee he would have told the truth to the trooper.
Awesome tip.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
During the day i had my secretary call the insurance co and arranged for a rental car. The ford dealership up the road bought me a Cadillac ATS. It was brand new with only 21 miles. While i was talking to RBJ I was like driving it for like about 10 miles from I75 to I95. I get this message on the screen saying that the AC was shut off bc it was overheating.

Im like "whut"? Really?

So i trying to find the temp gauge. And if you ever sat in the ATS its a real ****ty gauge cluster. The temp gauge is at the bottom and you cant tell at a glance if its overheating, There are like no warning signs. So by the time i get off the highway and pull over . The car blew its head gasket!!!! It was brand spankin new. And the enterprise guy begged me to take extreme care of it!

So here i am stranded at McDs with the POS Cadillac. Something tells me the dealership didnt do the PPI beforehand. The coolant reservoir was bone dry and when i picked up the car it had an 1/8 tank of gas.

It gets better
I wait two and a half hours for a tow truck. They dispatch says all enterprise locations are closed. We will have to take you to the airport to get you a replacement car. So the tow truck driver comes get me. I head to the airport counter and they tell me We dont have a car for you yet. We will have one on a hour. Car arrives and they claim "We have to put you in a standard size car as that is corporate policy." They wouldn't budge. They told me "You're lucky we have cars for you right now. They are all reserved"They had luxury vehicles everywhere, but they wouldn't issue me one.

I replied....."ive rented from Enterprise for the better half of 15 years and thats a really ****ty way of treating a customer. A brand new car abandons your client, hes stranded on the interstate for more than two hours, and all you have the nerve to treat him as a second class client because hes not a tourist that spends the big bucks. I talked to three people there incl the manager and got the same run around. Not one of them would accommodate my needs

BS...

Im in a lot of pain right now. Long day
Attached Thumbnails White Unicorn No More-cadillac.jpg  

Last edited by moosejaw; 12-13-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Sorry to hear this happened. The important thing is that you're alright, although a little banged up I'm sure. Your unicorn should be able to make a full recovery.

Crazy story about the rental car tho.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:57 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
well isn't that some BS!!!

so he admits fault, then changed his story when the cop arrived????

damn man, that's low brow, good luck to you brother
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Yeah that does suck. Sorry to hear it bud. Lit could have been much worse with that big truck. Most important is that you're ok, the beast we'll repair!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:46 PM

2006 W211
Damn bro that sucks... Glad your alright..
Old 12-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55 2003
Sorry to hear it. At least you are ok, car can be repaired.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that happened. I hope you get her fixed.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63
glad to see you are ok, but i hope you got his info and the info from the hole in the wall company he is driving for. Lawyer up, thats BS... lazy trooper.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Well got the estimate from the adjuster today
They are going to pay a little shy of $ 4900
That amount has no deductible and includes $1000 max coverage on rim.

My policy is with Allstate, they do not offer a custom wheel and tire package.
My insurance carrier only covers $1000 max to damage to rims and tires. Custom or OEM. Note to others out there who may have expensive rims.

I think i will be okay since i need an outer barrel and a new tire.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
So 3900 damage to the side of your car, wow, that is frugal at best. Just where are you getting this job done for that small amount. Watch out for the colour match when they paint the doors and rear quarter, blending will be noticed for sure. Are they using MB parts or aftermarket or used? As for the wheel with that much barrel damage I would demand a new wheel not just the barrel. That wheel was stressed large, what will Allstate want now to do put a tube in the tire instead of replacement.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by Critter
So 3900 damage to the side of your car, wow, that is frugal at best. Just where are you getting this job done for that small amount. Watch out for the colour match when they paint the doors and rear quarter, blending will be noticed for sure. Are they using MB parts or aftermarket or used? As for the wheel with that much barrel damage I would demand a new wheel not just the barrel. That wheel was stressed large, what will Allstate want now to do put a tube in the tire instead of replacement.
you'd be surprised with insurance companies...most will try their best to use "used" or refurbished parts, and if you get something new they might even charge your a "betterment of the vehicle" charge. Thats what they did to me...unbelievable.

Regardless, crappy situation but Im sure something good will come out of it Moose! Glad you're ok as well!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Im in a lot of pain right now. Long day
Drew, sorry to hear of your dilemma. Its one of those "I should have stayed in bed all week" weeks!! Two things, get ye to a MD asap and also a JD.

Now that my old car is down there in SF NOT far from you, I'll call Raf and get him to take you for a ride so you can feel some real "performance. "

The Newz!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Critter
Alabaster White is not that hard to match.
I had my bumper resprayed in my neighbors garage two years ago in a makeshift spray booth set up. Its all in the wet sanding. Body shops rates are $40/hr for paint. There is no frame damage, just cosmetic. If it had frame damage the labor rate would be a lot more. BTW this
includes an OEM door that is used. But its a mercedes. It beats an knock off replica. Also they are doing a blend at rear fender. They are replacing one rear door and repainting the front as it has minor scrapes. They are also repainting one mirror housing. Also they are buying new pre painted moldings for both doors and rear bumper.

The wheel is a dead issue. My coverage is $1000 max which is their flat policy and its the same for everyone else. Allstate does not offer a custom wheel and tire coverage package. I pointed that out as anyone in my situation should get 3rd party coverage for custom rims. Now its not everyday you get hit by a semi but you never know. HRE doesnt make this wheel any more. I wont know until i get the shop to pull the wheel off and examine. If its the case thats it damage then I will probably look into CLS wheels as i am getting tired of running 3pc 20s anyways.

Last edited by moosejaw; 12-17-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
X5M, CLS55, GLA45, Ultra Classic, V Max, HR Navigator.
Sorry for the bad luck, I have to ask after looking at he pictures if that tire is holding air? The wheel looks really tore up but the tire appears to be at normal profile!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
im going to replace the tire anyways. the truck tore a big chunk out of the sidewall
it was practically brand new!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
if you want to switch up wheels, give me a good price, I'll take em(in current condition even)
Old 12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
you will be fine on the wheel homie.... I have even started replacing my own barrels these days (done it so many times)

A new barrel will run ya $200 (most companies outsource that anyway to one of what I think was only 3 companies anyway)
Old 12-22-2013, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I wanted to give a shout out to Sir Boost a Lot for hooking me up with a rear door
I rented a SUV yesterday to drive up to Orlando to pick it up
Got to his house and he got the door off in like a little over an hour.
Hanging out with Boost is always a trip. The man is very talented and has a story for everything imaginable. That CLS sounded sick just outside SR520 yesterday.

Heres a pic of the door in the AMG Ambulance.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Glad to hear it's all back coming together for you brother! I hope you are able to do something about your wheel, they look great on your car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Unicorn No More