W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camber kit advise - kmac vs mbarts vs ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
...these rears are adjustable with the wheels off.
Why would they do that? The suspension must be under load in order to do an alignment.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by GregMB
MBArts definitely pushes the tire out at the top. Their product is a replacement upper arm with a screw-type adjuster on it. The other problem IMHO is that you have to take the wheel off to reach the adjuster..... I'm not sure how that is supposed to work when you're on the alignment rack with the wheel sensors attached to each wheel.... Sounds like a real hassle...... adjust/install wheel/check camber/remove wheel/adjust again... etc.

-G
That's not true, we adjusted my MBArts camber arms while on the alignment rack.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Guys I spoke too soon...hold off on ordering these, my bushings are both the same diameter and the kit has 2 different sizes. The kit was tested on an E350 and Ive found our arms carry different part numbers. SPC is sending me another same size pair...will update later when Im not typing on my phone.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG WAGON 2004
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Good news... The SPC rear camber bushings for 211chassis has just been released this past friday. I.spoke with SPC earlier this year, although they have no plans for fronts, these rears are adjustable with the wheels off.

Import Auto Performance has a package deal for both rear sets and the mandatory installation bushings for only $199 free shipping. 800-672-0066, ext. 501, ask for Peter. I just ordered mine, and just to be sure I will measure my bushings this afternoon per the installation Instructions. FWIW I have no affiliation with any of these companies, just excited to finally have a reasonably priced option for our cars, plus I just put new tires on the rear and can already see the inside tread taking a beating.
Great - as others have said please keep us posted and if possible some pics please.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Well....Crap....

I spent some time on the MB parts film, and found the difference in our E55's is not only the bushing diameter and control arm part #s.. The reason for the different numbers is our cars use a 14mm bolt diameter at the spindle where the E350/500 etc use a 12mm bolt. Even though the bushings are being changed out, the hole in the spindle (also diff part no.) is 14mm. So, this kit will not work. I will call SPC tomorrow and let them know, however, the parts are on the way and I will check when they arrive (Fri or Mon) to be 100% sure since the parts film is not 100% accurate all the time. The good news is they told me they can make them for our cars, however, they had a hard time finding someone local to them (Colorado) to loan them their E-class for any amount of time for R+D. They could only find an E350 for a very short time to test. I bet if a local E55 owner would loan them your car for engineering you could drive away with a free set of rear camber bushings. I will verify fitment (or likely not) as soon as my parts arrive. Worst case hopefully just a few months for them to tailor the design for our 55's.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Just an update to the SPC bushings. I received them and found the problem is the E55 uses 14mm bolts on the control arm where the kit is designed for 12mm bolts. The bushings being replaced obviously work with the new 12mm kit, which leaves the bolt hole in the spindle 2mm larger. I spoke with SPC today. I am going to use a bushing in the spindle to make the hole 12mm. Also the 3 point washers from the E320/350/500 will have to be used to fit the 12mm bolt. The kit is supplied with metric grade 10.9 aka US spec grade 8 bolts. I don't forsee any problems using the smaller diameter bolt. It will be a couple weeks before I can get the installation done and verify everything works.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:18 PM

190E 2.6
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
do yourself a favor and stay far far away from MBArts. That guy is a clown
I have to say ditto on this one. I tried to contact the guy via his website, emails, and phone calls and finally got a response only after I sent him money via Paypal. He tells me his computer got a trojan and was locked out of all his online accounts. IMO, a properly run business shouldn't be completely taken down by a computer virus.

Although, he was positive and nice about the situation... for one email. He simply explained his situation about why he hasn't responded, asked me what model year my 190E is, and sent my W201 "toe links" in the mail. I had included in the email additional questions I wanted answered, but no response to them.

I finally get my product in the mail, but they look like camber arms to me. I compared a set of OEM toe links and the ones he sent me were way too long to be toe links. I've tried emailing and calling him for the past 3 weeks with no response, so I've now escalated to a Paypal claim so I can try to get my money back and invest into K-MAC bushings instead.

Jay (MBArts), if you read this, I'm sorry, but it's not OK to be completely unreachable when you are selling products. I don't mind if you are working through something, but I have to be able to communicate and find out what is going on. I've left my personal cell # for you to reach me at, but no responses.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
E63s s213 2019 ,SOLD E63 Weistec, E55, C36
Tbh I've had mine lowered using the v2 for almost 2 years now, I have 3 sets of rims which I change depending on time of the year, so far even wear on all of them.

I had the mb camber bolts fitted on the front but rear is standard setup.

I had some mb arts arms which I gave back to the seller after the stories on here.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:33 PM

E55 AMG WAGON 2004
Originally Posted by Alps
Tbh I've had mine lowered using the v2 for almost 2 years now, I have 3 sets of rims which I change depending on time of the year, so far even wear on all of them.

I had the mb camber bolts fitted on the front but rear is standard setup.

I had some mb arts arms which I gave back to the seller after the stories on here.
3 sets of rims Alps!

What do you have your standard ride height set at on the v2? Mine is set at -15mm rear and -20mm front and wear pretty even but the rears are some way out of spec especially one which is about 1 degree further off from the other for some reason (this was even out of spec before lowering). I would like to get them both back in spec if possible.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16V190, E55, Porsches several
I'll jump in this thread if I may......I know it started as W211 but I work a bit on my wife's W210 E55 and the mention here of the MB/arts a-arms caught my attention.

You can add me to the list of people waiting for a response from MB/arts.
Anyway.....I come from Porsche and I'm amazed at how difficult it is to buy, modify, find info, on these cars. The stealerships are clueless. In my case they say that their current MB alignment specs for this car state that -2.6 is 'within range' for the rear. It's hard to have a conversation with them.

So, does anybody besides MB/arts make a good adjustable a-arm for this application?
Back on the bushing-mod route, I believe the players are SPC, KMAC, Pro Tuning Lab, and Renntech(w/their toe link kits).

Last edited by GreggT; 12-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Just a little bit of clarification....The W211 do not use adjustable A-arms. K-Mac does not sell toe links.