Mahle Forged Pistons & Rings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
CLK56TT (WIP), S65, RR 5.0 S/C
Mahle Forged Pistons & Rings

Hello,

I was trying to get a quotation for a set of pistons and rings for my CL55k today but Mahle Aftermarket parts didn't know what I was talking about. We tried to go by the engine number but to no avail. I was wondering if someone who's managed to get them from Mahle could share some part numbers?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Depends on what you are trying to do, as Mahle really ends up making custom pistons sets to meet needs and does not stock pistons by a part number for our cars. When ordering, you tell them what you want and they build them for you. Can take 10-14 weeks , dependin g on time of year.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-19-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
CLK56TT (WIP), S65, RR 5.0 S/C
Ah, gotcha. They said it most likely won't be an off the shelf product but I wanted to double check. My goal is to have forged pistons so I could prepare the engine for a bigger SC. I'm not looking at increasing the bore, just get forged internals and reduce weight.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,071 Likes on 859 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Depends on what you are trying to do, as Mahle really ends up making custom pistons sets to meet needs and does not stock pistons by a part number for our cars. When ordering, you tell them what you want and they build them for you. Can take 10-14 weeks , dependin g on time of year.
....and they are very expensive. Make sure you tell them what kind of block so they will do the tin coating on the pistons.