Sponsored by:

Looped Fuel Rail Install Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG WAGON 2004
Originally Posted by chiromikey
I think you're right to consider a rail as your next mod but I'd also consider upgraded oem blue injectors or the 550cc injectors if your crank pulley is larger than 180mm (or whatever the s/c pulley equivalent is).
Thanks again - I believe the s/c pulley equates to app 172mm crank pulley so I'm getting close. I will look at the injectors too then. I would prefer to be safe rather than sorry!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:25 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Thanks for wasting my time...but at least you proved yourself wrong so I didn't have to
hey bubba, me thinks yore cornfused. i posted examples? wait, don't tell me.....the school bus that picked you up when you were younger was shorter then the other buses, right?

Your exact words were "#8 has been popping on stock motors for years" and you came up with a post of mine discussing a possible lean condition having nothing to do with #8 or popped motors.
wow, not much gets past you. well, other than the fact that i explained why I posted your comment and how it was relevant to factory motors that fail due to lean fuel conditions. if #8 was the last to get fuel, guess which one would fail first?

Nobody ever argued that 8 isn't the weak link, just that it doesn't come into play often on stock motors like you falsely claimed...
i said they have failed for years? m113 has been around for decades and with the same design flaw of #8 the last to get fuel and the hottest.

arguing on the internet always leads to these pissing contests. nobody wins and ignorant people like you live in denial. wtf is your problem?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Originally Posted by Joncl
first ,even to think something like that makes you a ******* of the highest caliber so stop and get to the matter at hand. second , those links actually show only 2 55k engines popping and with one he's a second owner and doesn't know if it was ever modded so damage could have already been done, the last guy also was a 3rd owner but seems like it was always stock so maybe you have 1 guy that popped on a stock 55k motor
i like you. you make the mundane seem exciting. *******? lol
Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 346 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Originally Posted by EREBUS

i said they have failed for years? m113 has been around for decades and with the same design flaw of #8 the last to get fuel and the hottest.

arguing on the internet always leads to these pissing contests. nobody wins and ignorant people like you live in denial. wtf is your problem?
+1,

Also the older M104/M119, they doesn't fail for years at all, try to investigate about what kind of fuel rail they were equipped with....!!

ZAYED,,
Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
EREBUS, I enjoyed the reading. You're amusing to say the least...not very well informed...but amusing. WE ALL KNOW AND CONCEDE #8 IS THE WEAK LINK so why you're trying to make that your point is beyond me. This was NEVER the problem we had with your ignorant statement implying #8 being an overly common failure on stock motors. Either way, thanks for trying to associate unrelated posts to your false claims. My comment you quoted wasn't relevant and was taken out of context. It was regarding a suspected overall lean condition due to a tuning change not to fuel starvation or excess heat at #8. Your first link never says which cylinder failed and the second owner even states there was evidence to suggest that the original owner could have had a pulley on it! The second link was due to a stuck fuel injector that washed down the cylinder wall!! Who knows what the third and fourth link were about. The fifth link again never stated which cylinder and nobody could link it to a lean condition over hydrolock or something else.

It was fun to make you scramble around the internet on a scavenger hunt. Next time maybe you can do it with a dunce cap on your pointy head and jester bells around your belly.

Last edited by chiromikey; 12-31-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 cls 55 amg
Originally Posted by shardul
i have seen cars that have had a 180mm crank pulley, cooling, rail and injector destroy No 8 (5 cars)
Does the rail solve the problem NO! Does it help a little with fuel starvation YES.
If you think adding a looped fuel rail and injectors is going to make your engine fail safe then you are mistaken.

this one being the latest. Owner of the car is a board member

did these cars still had primary cats ?