Couple issues that I need help with

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Couple issues that I need help with

Hello,
First of all I'd like to thank everyone that helped me out with my gas pedal sensor when the problem occurred couple months ago. Both me and my Indy mechanic were lost and you guys gave some great feedback in regards to that.

Well , now to the point. I let my mother drive the Benz for few days when her car was getting fixed, and long story short it will cost me. She hit the curb with left front wheel; wheel is a toast but that's the smallest of my concerns. Car squeaks like hell from the left side: turning the wheel, going over bumps, braking, accelerating, even getting out of car brings up that obnoxious sound. I put it on jackstands, turned the wheel wiggled it etc and nothing. I think it only occurs when the suspension components are under load with the weight of the car.
If anyone has ever encountered similar problem and had any luck fixing it, please share what that might have been. So far I ordered upper and lower control arms and ball joints. Which brings me to the next question: How is the quality of Dorman control arms? I got them from amazon, but by the looks of them and Made in Taiwan stamp they make me a little concerned when it comes to putting them on the car. Any other better quality brands out there other than OEM?

And last question is which might be irrelevant to kissing the curb is the rear right side of the vehicle sits visibly lower than left side. I've tried to raise the car up, lower it to Sport 2 setting but no matter what, it always sits lower by a good inch or so. Where to look first before thinking about replacing the shock?

Sorry for such a long post, I've been trying to find answers for last week around the forums, but no luck. Also, once again thank you for any feedback that you guys might have!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:24 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
You may have damaged the steering rack and it shows up under load. Dorman used to be good many years ago but not sure today. I would buy good used arms from ebay , before using unkown parts.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 01-08-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55, 2003 IS300
I would start by getting the car on an alignment rack to see how things look. Your noise my just be a F###ed up front lower ball joint.... Over time, they tend to cause the similar symptoms you are describing. As for the rear corner seeming to sit too low, again, get the alignment checked. May be something bent, knocked out of place, or the level sensor was shifted and now it's not calibrated accordingly. Hope this helps... Feel free to PM me if you need to