W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When it rains it pours, and now I can't open my doors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
When it rains it pours, and now I can't open my doors.

Been a fun couple of days. Car wouldn't fire up Saturday night. Just turned over and over. Got a jump and flew home. Replaced the voltage regulator since I had dimming lights and thought that's why she wouldn't start. Dimming lights gone and car starts every time after that on Saturday... until today at lunch. Come out after eating and same symptom. Turns and turns, but not starting. Have my GF roll by and jump me (with jumper cables you pervs. Although the other option sounds a lot better now that I think about it). Anyways, the car fires right up. I immediately drive to Interstate batteries. They load test the battery and are actually amazed at how damn strong it is, even with a 1000amp pull loaded on the battery. Hmm.. So he checks the front battery I just replaced 4 months ago. Shows "marginal". So I buy a new front AGM battery. Car starts right up! Woohoo! THAT HAD TO BE IT! FREEEEEEDOMMMMMM!!!!

NOPE... CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON NOW. <Tasmanian Devil sounds> WABBA_RABBA-SHICKA-FRICKA-DE-WABBA-PHHHBBBBT! </Tasmanian Devil Sounds> GOD D**@IT!!!!

Sooooo, the dedicated Mercedes repair shop in town happens to be less than a mile from the battery store. I roll in and ask him how much to simply clear the light, because I'm sure it's just from all the electrical hocus-pocus that's been going on in my car. Well, it's 105.00 an hour, and that's the minimum. Screw it; I need my baby happy. No check engine lights! So I pay the man.

THEN THE STAR REPORT COMES IN...... wait for it... waaaaaaaait for it...

CRANK POSITION SENSOR FAIL..

DAMNIT! Fine... I can do this. I buy the sensor and I'll just install it tonight when I get home, provided she makes it back home (we'll see at 6:15 when I get off).

So I'm back at work and I go to lock my car using my awesome keyless buttons...

THEY DON'T WORK.... ANY of them. It seems when they cleared my codes they somehow erased or blanked the keyless stuff. Is there an easy way to reprogram or do I need to fix my CPS, then drive to that shop and bust out the can of napalm? It's my favorite damn feature on this car.

Sorry for the long post but man.. it's been a day. I STILL love my baby and I'm going to fix her and then wash her tonight, but can a cracker at least get some KEYLESS DOOR ACTION????

Any help is appreciated gang.
Thanks!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
I just added a bunch of links into a DIY thread ......in that I have a link that will help you potentially, I'll skip the legwork and post up the link for youhttps://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ement-diy.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-diy-pics.html
Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
BUMP!

LOL. That was a well put together post sir! I wish I could be more help but I am new to benz and wish you the best!!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
Thanks MAN55LE. I already have the CPS doco printed, and door handle replacement isn't what I need. They worked 5 minutes before the shop cleared my codes. He also said I may need to program my windows, but I could care less about that. I want my door lock/unlock handle buttons to work!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
IMO, try replacing the batteries in your remote.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Disconnect your main battery for ten minutes and try again. I'm sure your handles will start working.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Batteries in the remotes are both new. Push to start still works. I'll reset the battery tomorrow. Just finished the crank position sensor and it's cocktail time lol! Thanks for the suggestions guys.