W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i changed my oil and sensor giving weird readings.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
I specifically told you guys the increments already at 169 mm is full 135mm is low you can Google mm- inches....look at this link, https://www.google.com/#q=169mm+to+inches&safe=off. stick something down there that you feel comfortable with ....like an existing dipstick, or tranny dip stick, from another car or maybe a metal hanger that straight something that you feel comfortable with, and measure out 6.653in. Aka 6 2/3 inches aka 169mm..... just measure from the bottom of whatever you're using to your oil Mark and make sure it's that increment 169mm ...sorry for the rant blah blah blah blah
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
I specifically told you guys the increments already at 169 mm is full 135mm is low you can Google mm- inches....look at this link, https://www.google.com/#q=169mm+to+inches&safe=off. stick something down there that you feel comfortable with ....like an existing dipstick, or tranny dip stick, from another car or maybe a metal hanger that straight something that you feel comfortable with, and measure out 6.653in. Aka 6 2/3 inches aka 169mm..... just measure from the bottom of whatever you're using to your oil Mark and make sure it's that increment 169mm ...sorry for the rant blah blah blah blah
Hahaha nice silly pics. Almost getting tired of this car. Also I can't trust some hanger wires to measure my oil. I need to put up some more money. I was going to buy that oil dipstick from eBay that thyphoon43 posted for 30 bucks compared to $190 from the stealership. Look I respect you trying to help but no need to make me feel like a retart, I KNOW WHAT the F**K is 169mm i dont need links to know what 169mm is and I DEFANTLY DONT NEED NO GOD DAMN BOOKS AND CRAYONS to know about what the measuring stuff is just saying bro. Lets keep our cars the same here healthy and bad *** as hell. Lol but I get your point the faces was really amusing you got the comedy man and I got the sarcasm

Last edited by E55AMG05; 01-26-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMG05
Wow Defiantly will do only concern is that if i don't tighten screw hard enough that it might leak. Today my warning sign showed up OIL LEVEL REDUCE OIL. I honestly don't think I have too much oil. Damn ik something is wrong with my oil sensor since my oil sensor told me to add 2 quarts of oil to reach Max level after I drain the oil from the main plug. Ughhh frustrations
I think your car is giving you the too much oil warning because you forgot to drain from the second plug. That left roughly a little bit more than a quart in the oil pan. So assuming you filled your car up with, say, 8.5 qts of oil, in reality you have 9.5 - 10 qts in the car. If I were you, I would just restart the process. Drain all the oil and buy new oil from Walmart. Drain from both plugs. Fill with 8.5 - 9 qts of oil.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jawzey
I think your car is giving you the too much oil warning because you forgot to drain from the second plug. That left roughly a little bit more than a quart in the oil pan. So assuming you filled your car up with, say, 8.5 qts of oil, in reality you have 9.5 - 10 qts in the car. If I were you, I would just restart the process. Drain all the oil and buy new oil from Walmart. Drain from both plugs. Fill with 8.5 - 9 qts of oil.
Exactly I am going to do that and I am going to change that freakin oil sensor while I am already down der any info on the part number of the oil sensor? Also buying that $35 dipstick the typhoon posted
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I've never needed to put in more than 8.5 quartz.

Draining from both the plugs and then pouring in two jugs of 4 litres each which comes out to

8.5 quartz. I check the dash and it comes out good.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:59 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AgSilver
The Mercedes Benz Service Center in Mainz Germany had no clue that there were 2 drain points.
Wow what a bunch of morons my dealership too. I now go to a mechanic who is a genius with our cars. He's taught me a lot and about the second plug.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 PM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMG05
Wow what a bunch of morons my dealership too. I now go to a mechanic who is a genius with our cars. He's taught me a lot and about the second plug.
What did he tell you about the second plug?