Had some fun with GT-R and a SL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Had some fun with GT-R and a SL55 AMG

Few days ago I was heading up to my uncle's house which is atop a steep windy mountain road I know very well. There is one long straight away at the base of it where I saw what looked to be some sort of Z car, or so I thought. I caught up right before the twisties ensue. As I am gaining on him I noticed it was a GT-R. Not sure what year. First I didnt expect him to really push his car, second I sure as hell expected to have my *** handed to me if he did go. He starts getting into the turns a little faster and faster. I just stay glued about a car length behind him. Then he starts cutting the corners getting a good line etc and punching it as best he could. I kept the same distance. He finally go into it enough I had to go ***** out as hard as I could push my car without losing it too bad. I would feel one wheel spin then the other as I would go into each left or right turn. Still I held that same distance. We did this for about 5 minutes up about a 1500 ft elevation change. Clearly I know his car is capable of being faster.... but he was not able to make it pull on my 4 door luxury sedan

Here is a video of me testing out my Killer Chiller on same road. Obviously I can't go as fast since it is all one handed and filming in the other but you get the idea.

Tonight I was on the freeway and saw a SL55 AMG merging on. He got behind me and started getting pretty close like he wanted to pass or something. I was going 72 which is a sucky spot on our tranny so I manually dropped it to second. When the right lane opened up we both punched it. My car didnt pull nearly as hard as it does when its just below 70 and naturally does a 3-2 shift I was able to pull him but not nearly as much as I would have liked to. I probably gained about 3 cars from 70-100. Knowing our cars are lighter and I have all these mods I really thought he would fall back quicker than he did.

Last edited by dllhg; 01-26-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
very nice !
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Thanks , I thought I did pretty decent.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Nice driving! I got the same driving in a JEEP (3rd rental in 3 days lol) on my gopro on my honeymoon in October. Except you drive in the opposite lane and if you mess up you fall over a cliff. I feel like the E is a boat in turns compared to the cars I've owned, (3 awd turbo), so I enjoy seeing your E being driven. Nice job.