Sponsored by:

2010 to 2011 E63 AMG True or Not??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I wasn't being an a$$ to you, I just wanted to see what your response to the brake job was. If I said it then it wouldn't have the same response.

This is where the help comes in, various threads dealing with brakes discuss the cost issue. There are one or two aftermarket manufactures for the rotors and pads that can cut the cost in half. Also, not personally sure how appropriate this is, but some members have mentioned running two sets of pads through one set of rotors due to the cost. I haven't but, I just don't know if thats terrible or good. Just fyi.

Bluetooth, I think, I think, the 10-11 years might have the updated 30 pin connector for iPod, if so then they charge while being used. If this is the case, Purchase a iPod to specifically use there, and it will work in the instrument panel. Unless you need to change the content out of the iPod, then no need to ever take it out. Best sound also. But the Bluetooth is just a question if it will translate the information to the info panel. If not using a iPhone then likely not, even using one I think you will lose that functionality. That is a nice feature. I use it on mine everyday. Much easier than the 3.5 jack I used before and had to use my hands for changing everything.

Phone is easy to do the connection for use. Thats not an issue.

Ok. I like to keep things simple & strait forward especially when it doesn't pertain to work as I am sometimes really busy with work so I like to cut to the chase so to speak, Like to make the most of my free time & not spend more time than I need to on the computer!!

On the Bluetooth when someone was referring to the "Engineering Menu" I'm wondering if it's like Audi & VW's Vag-Com where you can change settings & turn things off & on etc.. I don't use apple products I'm strictly an Android & Windows person (Have a Samsung GSIII & GSII phone with a 32g SD card so I have most of the music I own on my phone, At least the stuff I listen to the most) So the Ipod Iphone stuff doesn't help me. Seems odd if it doesn't have it when the 2010 & Up GTI's & certain other VW's & Audi's have it which was something I didn't know when I bought my GTI that I could play my music wirelessly without using the Aux jack So I don't want to go backwards so to speak.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything
Update; Went to another Mercedes dealer yesterday & both 2011's I looked at had BT Audio we even hooked it to make sure it definitely worked.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Good to see your making progress. I like the location for you. I think we might have more in common than you think. My name gives a lot away, but only do that Reserve. Anyway does the 11 still have NA M156 for the motor or is that the first year of the 5.5 tt. Hennessy now has a Tune for the 5.5 for under 1k I think. Comes with a nice badge for the back. Kinda cool, I think. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck