Congrats Blackbenz!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Whoa! Just like the old days...Jrcart talking smack and laying down bets in Ahmad's glory thread! If Ahmad said the last person to tune his car was EC then that carries more weight than a Weistec post on FB...period!
Exactly!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by jrcart
Heavily invested??? I have no professional ties with Weistec whatsoever. I asked them to build me the fastest Mercedes in the world and they delivered. They are hands down the best tuners out there and by the looks of my results from Texas motorplex last Friday night the rest of the MB tuning world is about 1.3 seconds off the pace of the leaders.

I have NEVER said a bad thing about Eurocharged and both Jerry and Jake will attest to that I am sure, they are one of the few remaining reputable tuners out there. So if you are taking my posts as anti-Eurocharged you are dead wrong my friend. I just have access to information that you do not, that's all I am going to say at this point.
If they are the best tuners then why do they have 2 blown E55s on this board????

They've done a great job with the 63 motor but they can't handle the 55 PERIOD! They still have bad IAT problems and a ****ty AFR
Old 03-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Entertaining thread!

I can't help to laugh at everyone arguing No2 vs supercharger vs turbo. Thing is every one of these methods does the exact same fu¢king thing... add oxygen into the engine. Yes a bottle can run out as can a blower belt get tossed and a wastegate malfunction.

I think it's really funny how some blower guys claim "blower only" in their times In the real world, not MBWorld, it's either all motor (normally aspirated) or it's not (No2/supercharger/turbo).

And as for No2 being for "cheaters" claim. Is it cheating if I don't open my hood so that you can't see whats under it? Or is it cheating if you can't see the turbos mounted down low with their recirculated BOVs and wastegates plumbed back into the exhaust system?

Last edited by msheredy; 03-27-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Because I felt like it
Old 03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Just chatted with Ahmad. He's safe, didn't put his car in the wall, and just ran a smokin' *** time. Everything else is secondary and will all come out in time, I'm sure. If not, then so be it.

That said, Jim your SLS is lookin the t!ts man....
Old 03-27-2014, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Congratulations Ahmed, After all you have been through it's nice to see you have success.
The overwhelming majority here know the tune story, and we now know you have overcome a difficult situation. You are an honorable and dedicated man and very deserving of our praise.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Congrats Ahmad.............keep 'em coming!!!..................
Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 768 Likes on 747 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG

love drama...
Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
Congrats Ahmad! That thing is moving, glad you didn't sell it or part it out.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Originally Posted by Thericker
Bro this is exact reason I didnt say this in YOUR thread, NOR did I mention your car/name.. Chill out Ive always hated nitrous as any car can go blistering fast using enough of it properly.. No disrespect was meant, and again why I didnt post ANYTHING in YOUR thread.

Lastly I do find a slight bit of missleading info on your part since you bring this up, I was all ready to send congratz as I didn't initially see nitrous in your mod list? Slightly missleading part is when you listed modifications you list "some sauce" at the very end of mod list in small non cap letters? When we all know it/Nitrous was the only reason your e55 w/the average supporting mods broke the previous heavily modded e55 10.5x run by another member etc..

And now that you bring it up? It is fake highly temporary power, as when your bottles empty? Guess what? You completely loose whatever HP shot you had setup ie 100-150 hp? It's all gone.. But if you had added other permanent hp mods bigger blower, turbo setup, etc etc its there 24/7
Yeah but what happens when you run out of gas? Then all the power adder you had is gone. See how stupid that sounds?

In real life, nitrous matters. People have been using it for years. High hp Supras running well on the street use it to help spool turbos. Saying its fake because it doesn't do anything when the bottles are empty is a silly statement. If I was going to the track I'd make sure the bottles were full before going. I'd take a spare bottle if I was on some huge spray. Nothing is perfect, everything has positives and negatives. One drawback of going the nitrous route is it can run empty.

I also agree that taking weight out of the vehicle to get a time is less "realistic" than nitrous unless you drive around all the time with all that stuff removed. For example, I nearly always in every vehicle I drive remove the jack and spare and it resides in my garage. On a long road trip, I'd load it up.

At the track you flip a switch and there's your nitrous, added power, netting a lower ET
At the track you run an aggressive tune i.e. switch maps, there's your added power and lower ET
At the track you take everything out of the car that isn't bolted down, and some things that are, there's your lower ET

Everybody going for records is doing something or a combination of some things "fake" as you've described it. To cut on someone for using nitrous is juvenile.

Last edited by ripnbst; 03-27-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
If nitrous is fake, so is putting on slicks, running race gas, or icing down the supercharger.

It's like fake *******... they're not fake if I can touch them, even if I prefer real ones.

Oh, and 'grats to BB. Waiting to see him post.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Ahmad, cograts bro. Really movin' out there man.

Could you just clear up who tuned your car for us? I recall it not being Weistec.. contrary to their FB posts.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
I spoke with Ahmad...he'll be posting soon.

I'm just glad he has it tuned, enough at least, to run times like that. He went through a lot with all the BS. I bet that thing has more power to it with a different map. Honestly, I think he can hit 9s with a better tune.

I've never met 'jrcart' or any of the Weistec folks, but I have met Ahmad and everyone who has met him knows he's a standup guy and there's no lying in him, therefore, if he says X tuned the car and not Y, I 100% believe him. Let's face it, he has nothing to gain at this point by lying ... does he?

Last edited by ArmoE55; 03-27-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 PM

2006 cls 55 amg
- i think the real way to put the power to the ground is by using slicks and glue at the track no matter what power adder is used ...( nos turbo cams pulley ect..)

- as for the cooling --- like ice or a fan for cool down , its the best way to see what your car can do in the best possible condition ( you will not do good track time ''heat soaked '' or doing pass after pass with no cool down like a moron )

using race gas will not give hp ... race gas is a protection against detonation,..but with a good tune it will squeeze the maximum power out of your engine witout damaging it

saying that ... i think that nos is a good power adder ..but for me , its not the way to go.

and congrats Ahmad !!! well done !!!

Last edited by sircl55amg; 03-27-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Yeah, Weistec confirmed on FB it's been their tune the ENTIRE time.

Either they figured out the tuning or they are lying..
Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Whoa! Just like the old days...Jrcart talking smack and laying down bets in Ahmad's glory thread! If Ahmad said the last person to tune his car was EC then that carries more weight than a Weistec post on FB...period!
Listen man, I am in no way trying to take anything away from Ahmad, I think he and I burried the hatchet a long time ago, or at least I did. I don't care if Mickey Mouse tuned his car, Ahmad ran the the time in Ahmads car and that's all that matters. Show me where any of my previous posts today said anything even remotely negative towards him

I said it on page one of this thread and I wil, say it again, congrats Ahmad! 10.3 is hauling the mail and we all know the car probably has more in it so I think we will see some better times out of the car in the near future.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by hpV12
Yeah, Weistec confirmed on FB it's been their tune the ENTIRE time.

Either they figured out the tuning or they are lying..
I dont think any company for that matter would claim that in public without knowing that its their product.

Congrats to Ahmad for great time, well deserved.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
First off thank you all for the congrats. I just got home from the track to this mess of a thread. Honestly I went to the track to test my new TCU tune nothing more. I just happened to make a good pass.

To clear things up and I don't want to get engaged in drama. The facts:

The only person to tune my ECU after I put a 55k ECU in it is Jerry from Eurocharged. There are posts on this forum documenting that. Just search. It still needs work (he said he's coming out here to tune it soon) and I wasn't planning on posting the times because I knew some **** like this would happen. Afterall it's mbworld. I'm surprised nobody is screaming nitrous this time The car will go faster after I take care of alignment so the car doesn't rub on launches and get the tune optimized.

The SC is a Weistec 2.9L and it is a great piece. I do get high IAT's which I am trying to resolve. I had to make some modifications to fit it to my car but it makes power. You have to give credit where it is due. I still talk to Steve at Weistec.

Alot of effort went into this car. It wasn't just slapping a blower on and getting a tune. I will start another thread for details about my CAR and nothing else. Those of you that want to continue with the drama etc can use this thread

For those of you that are insinuating that I stripped the interior or did other things I drove to the track and ran it as is (I have pics). I put ice in it the first pass and ran (let out because I was afraid it wasn't going to shift and blow the motor. Ran 1.48 60' without even launching hard). Yes I drove to and from the track on slicks and skinnies with full interior and full exhaust.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Jrcart I have no issues with you and thank you for the congrats. Like you said we buried the hatchet a long time ago. Your car is badass and ****ing flying! I don't want any bad blood with anybody
Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
First off thank you all for the congrats. I just got home from the track to this mess of a thread. Honestly I went to the track to test my new TCU tune nothing more. I just happened to make a good pass.

To clear things up and I don't want to get engaged in drama. The facts:

The only person to tune my ECU after I put a 55k ECU in it is Jerry from Eurocharged. There are posts on this forum documenting that. Just search. It still needs work (he said he's coming out here to tune it soon) and I wasn't planning on posting the times because I knew some **** like this would happen. Afterall it's mbworld. I'm surprised nobody is screaming nitrous this time The car will go faster after I take care of alignment so the car doesn't rub on launches and get the tune optimized.

The SC is a Weistec 2.9L and it is a great piece. I do get high IAT's which I am trying to resolve. I had to make some modifications to fit it to my car but it makes power. You have to give credit where it is due. I still talk to Steve at Weistec.

Alot of effort went into this car. It wasn't just slapping a blower on and getting a tune. I will start another thread for details about my CAR and nothing else. Those of you that want to continue with the drama etc can use this thread

For those of you that are insinuating that I stripped the interior or did other things I drove to the track and ran it as is (I have pics). I put ice in it the first pass and ran (let out because I was afraid it wasn't going to shift and blow the motor. Ran 1.48 60' without even launching hard). Yes I drove to and from the track on slicks and skinnies with full interior and full exhaust.
Both deserve credit, Weistec makes great hardware and obviously help make Ahmad's car a monster. I'm glad you posted that Ahmad cause I was ready to post since I was there the day , you spent all day at EC/DC when Jerry was working on the car all day, maybe now you should put those dyno numbers now, IDK if you still kept them hush hush or not, but I was there when I was getting my struts changed and getting a pale of Q16 from him and his car is a BEAST.

I can confirm his interior is still stock. But I can only image how fast it will be if you do decide on striping it out. Again congrats to you, and all the manufactures and tuners went into this project (there is no shame two different companies went into this build, one of which provided hardware, and the other provided the software. Both companies deserve credit)
Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Congrats on a new personal best finally!! Like said above there's so much more on the table also
Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Jrcart I have no issues with you and thank you for the congrats. Like you said we buried the hatchet a long time ago. Your car is badass and ****ing flying! I don't want any bad blood with anybody
No worries, I didn't think there was any bad blood. I am just mad you beat me into the 10's, but I returned the favor with the 9's, now it's a race to the 8's , looking at your slip and this being the first time out making clean somewhat clean passes I think you car is already a 9 second car on the rigt pass. Maybe one of these days the planets will be in alignment and we can get all the fastest AMG's together at one event and make history and make some killer vids in the process.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:20 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
Ahmad have you thought about meth combined with something like a killer chiller? Maybe I'm out of my league here but the KC on my setup works flawlessly I never think twice about IATs pass after pass.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Good schit BB, you def deserve it after all the BS you've been through.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
BB Congrats. What a great start to the 2014 season.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by jrcart
Listen man, I am in no way trying to take anything away from Ahmad, I think he and I burried the hatchet a long time ago, or at least I did. I don't care if Mickey Mouse tuned his car, Ahmad ran the the time in Ahmads car and that's all that matters. Show me where any of my previous posts today said anything even remotely negative towards him

I said it on page one of this thread and I wil, say it again, congrats Ahmad! 10.3 is hauling the mail and we all know the car probably has more in it so I think we will see some better times out of the car in the near future.
I wasn't implying you said anything negative about Ahmad. Just found it warming to my heart to see all the boys back together arguing about going fast and making wagers on the details.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congrats Blackbenz!