Sponsored by:

Chrysler Warranty Denying suspension failure due to aftermarket intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Burden of proof is on the warranty company for the mods causing the failure, no?
In theory, but in the real world it does not work that way.

I am one of the very few people that beat Toyota in arbitration and they had a melt down over it.

Bottom line is they tell the dealership they are not paying. The dealership only wants to get paid, but is not going to do the work until they know they are getting paid.

I can see them denying the engine mounts, but the rest is a very long stretch to an intake mod. There is just no causal relationship to the rest of the repairs needed to the intake and exhaust mods, NONE. We all know it, they know it, but your car is still broken and you cannot make them do anything.

You can fix it yourself and sue them, but in then they know it is so unlikely you will follow through with it and if you do, it really does not cost them much to defend as they have lawyers sitting around getting paid if they defend or not. They just do not care and they refuse to do the right thing, you know, the thing they agreed to do when you paid them.

It is all just a complete rip off on the little guy.

G
Old 04-29-2014, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by Denroll
My warranty was awesome. Covered everything from engine mounts to keyless go doorhandles (3 of them!) and even a new rear main seal. All totaled, I had over $4k worth of warranty claims on a $1500 warranty. Granted, these were at MB dealer prices, but it was still great to have. I had Assurant through USAA.
Assurant here as well. My claims were definitely more than the $3,500 I paid for the warranty.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
Yeah - it is pretty bogus -- Dealerships are already preparing their expert opinion. They are documenting everything.

Just some background -- my car had been in the shop twice before for +$11,ooo in repairs... However, I have not taken the car in for several years and since that time they stop writing new policies. Also, the warranty I have is suppose to cover my electronic repairs - dynamic seats/keyless/trunk - etc

*** also, going to have dealership tack on an estimate for that gas tank leak
Old 05-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
My car is in the shop right now for an a/c issue.

They also stated that I needed a new flex disk and that my valve cover gaskets were leaking... so I told them to have my warranty company come out an check it out and see what they would cover.

They of course denied everything and said they were going to cancel my policy now because my car is modified.

Truth be told, MB Buckhead isn't helping my case at all. In fact, feel like they are pointing out modifications to the warranty inspector.

This sounds like it's certainly worth me writing a letter.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM

Yep. Just got the letter in the mail today.

"We have cancelled your Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan in accordance with the plan provisions. It has come to our attention that your vehicle is not eligible for coverage due to the following reason(s):

-Modifications to the vehicle make it ineligible for continued Chrysler Group warranty.
-A REFUND is being forwarded under separate cover."
Old 05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
That sucks. Be sure to point out to the service manager how much business you'll be taking to the local indy mechanic.

Originally Posted by pullejo
My car is in the shop right now for an a/c issue.
What was your a/c issue? My a/c sucks; maybe it's the same problem.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Seems like all of these warranty companies are denying all the claims due to mods that in some cases has no direct cause of the repair.

As far as the ac. Common issue is the blower/motor that can be had for $150 and install is not that hard. Under the passenger side glove compartment.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 PM

Nah - the a/c radiator/condenser was punctured... and they blamed it on "someone who put your supercharger on". Which was bs...because no one has ever worked on it - the pulley, yes, but that was a few years ago. And what's funny...is it's a Kleemann pulley that was installed by an MB dealer.

I actually repeated what he said to me back to him to confirm it:
Me -"Someone who put my *supercharger* on?"
Him - "Yes"
Me - "Well, the guy who put my supercharger on actually has his NAME on the supercharger"

So I got raped on that. But they also said my rear flex disk was cracked and my valve cover gaskets were leaking. They wanted an additional $1400 to fix those two. I bought the flex disk kit and gaskets for $170 and they're sitting here. I have a lift in my garage and I know the flex disk will take me less than an hour. Gaskets I may just have Jason and the guys at B.I.P. do. The only reason I didn't have them do this was I was trying to utilize my warranty.

What's the kicker is while my car was getting worked on I took home a new GLK350 for my fiance and was about to pull the trigger... until this BS.

So not only did they lose all future service business (I already have a local shop), but they also lost the sale of a vehicle. What's funny is that she really didn't like the GLK - I did. She likes a damn Venza Limited. (It's actually pretty damn sweet)

So now both the service manager AND the salesman just got **** on.