Sponsored by:

What's your WOT AFR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Kompressor
Originally Posted by Joncl
Ok you seem to know something that many here have been trying to accomplish with the stand alone, I really hope you succeed because we all would like to able to add more timing or add more fuel with diff conditions at the track etc and not have to rely on tuners to email files back and forth
Go for it bro!
I'll create a new thread in the future for it. Right now I'm still in the research stage, I gotta see what my options are and more on canbus troubleshooting and if you pull one link from the chain, will the entire system fault or not. Bunch of trial and error or stumbling upon the knowledge.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Ok you seem to know something that many here have been trying to accomplish with the stand alone, I really hope you succeed because we all would like to able to add more timing or add more fuel with diff conditions at the track etc and not have to rely on tuners to email files back and forth
Go for it bro!
Timing and fueling are not the restraining factors, it is heat!, or lack of cooling, Jerry from Eurocharged and others have taken our 55's as far as they can go on stock SC and adding as much cooling as possible without turning your luxury sedan into a pseudo-GT3. Gaining HP's isn't as difficult as it may seem, we simply follow certain guidelines set by others before us, who have basically gone as far as possible, and wreck their engines while doing it. There are Weistec Mercs running over 1000hp's, but they are insanely modified.

I thought about adding a piggyback ECU to control the engine, and tune from scratch "a la JDM", and leave the BOSCH ME 2.8 handle the rest of the car, but it would have a been a humungous task, some tuners like Underground, Heffner and AMS are running piggyback set ups on Lambos and R8's and other exotics, but cooling plays a major role.

I think member "blackbenzz" runs a super fast CLK55, but he has a Weistec blower, a Eurocharged tune, and some very, very extreme mods, his car is the exception, not the rule.

Last edited by Kelvin07; 04-30-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Heat and timing and fuel all go together. You can use fuel to cool the cylinders just like meth does, if you tuned the car in 100* weather, when it cools down to 50* some guys need to add some fuel or drop a degree or 2 of timing, at this time we can not even add a degree of timing on our own a stand alone would make that a much easier thing, even with a piggyback ecu it's still not an easy task, when you think about it look how hard it was for the hiccup issue to be solved, that had nothing to do with heat
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Heat and timing and fuel all go together. You can use fuel to cool the cylinders just like meth does, if you tuned the car in 100* weather, when it cools down to 50* some guys need to add some fuel or drop a degree or 2 of timing, at this time we can not even add a degree of timing on our own a stand alone would make that a much easier thing, even with a piggyback ecu it's still not an easy task, when you think about it look how hard it was for the hiccup issue to be solved, that had nothing to do with heat
They solved the hiccup?, what was the culprit?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:07 PM

E55
Seems like bip fixed the hiccup. It was probably a timing/map issue, no matter since it is fixed now
Old 04-30-2014, 08:13 PM

2006 E55 AMG Kompressor
There should be an intake air temperature fuel compensation table on the ecu, as long as the response time of the iat sensor is fairly accurate, the table would work just fine. As for today's stand alone units, there's a comp table for nearly any sensor ran.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 PM

E55
From what I understand or have been told , the ecu doesn't add timing per the intake charge temp sensor if it's colder, it only pulls timing if the temps get over a certain amount. It could actually dump fuel and pull timing if the iat sensor sees too cold a charge too
Old 04-30-2014, 08:27 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Seems like bip fixed the hiccup. It was probably a timing/map issue, no matter since it is fixed now
we fixed it in ours as well
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM

E55
Sorry my bad lol. I had heard only bip. Stand corrected eurocharged and bip have fixed the hiccup issue!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:23 PM

2006 E55 AMG Kompressor
From what I understand or have been told , the ecu doesn't add timing per the intake charge temp sensor if it's colder, it only pulls timing if the temps get over a certain amount. It could actually dump fuel and pull timing if the iat sensor sees too cold a charge too
You sure you're not mistaken by ect temps?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 PM

E55
No , iat temps being too low will richen the afr