Weistec Engineering M113K Modular Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Weistec Engineering M113K Modular Supercharger Pulley

We are pleased to announce another Weistec exclusive with our new Fluid Dampened Modular Supercharger Pulley for your M113K Powered AMG!

Key features include:
  • 3% Under-driven 6-rib fluid dampened crank pulley
  • Internal high mass rotating inertia ring for proper dampening and harmonics
  • 4lb drop in total weight as compared to the stock crank pulley assembly (10.5lbs vs. 6.5 lbs.)
  • Simple 10 minute supercharger drive pulley swap via three bolt dowel pin design
  • Multiple supercharger pulley combinations to choose from - 150mm (stock), 170mm and 180mm
  • Hard anodized 6061 heat treated aluminum for the strongest durability and appearance
  • Tool steel crank pulley hub with woodruff key and Weistec exclusive key provisions for use with our optional pinning tool
  • OEM crank pulley bolt included
  • 17% overdriven water pump pulley for clearance of larger supercharger pulley rings
  • Includes proper sized 8-rib Gates HD belt based on your needs

The optional crank pulley pinning tool is highly recommended for those who plan on making high power and spinning the supercharger systems at high RPM's. It is very common to damage the factory keyway, causing crank snout issues. This is a simple precaution for long term longevity of engine parts.

The Weistec Fluid Dampened Modular Crank Pulley is Priced at $1,249.99

Detailed product and purchase information can be found at our website.

http://weistec.com/m113kmodularcrankpulley.html

Steve Atneyel
Steven Atneyel

Last edited by Weistec; 07-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:14 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
Subscribed
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
beautiful stuff
Old 05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by berti_00
beautiful stuff
We appreciate it!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Nightmare v2.0?
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Nightmare v2.0?
Same nightmare that is running on our M156 supercharger for the past 4 years with no problems and has set multiple world records. We will let those who run our Stage 3 M156 Systems chime in.

And just to correct you even more, this is internal Version 24.0, and the public's only version. We actually test what we sell.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

shrimp boat
Originally Posted by Weistec
Same nightmare that is running on our M156 supercharger for the past 4 years with no problems and has set multiple world records. We will let those who run our Stage 3 M156 Systems chime in.

And just to correct you even more, this is internal Version 24.0, and the public's only version. We actually test what we sell.

Weistec Engineering
I'm glad to hear that you test what you sell. But did you actually test this on the m113k flatform? The stupid sc engagement will tear the three bolts design off in less than 1000miles.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
I'm glad to hear that you test what you sell. But did you actually test this on the m113k flatform? The stupid sc engagement will tear the three bolts design off in less than 1000miles.
That actually happens without the clutch engagement as well. The supercharger ring is doweled with two pins under it all to put all the load through the 3/8" tool steel pins along with the three bolts. These pins are pressed all the way through to the steel hub that is on the actual crank snout.

A majority of its torsional force is on the 3/8" pins, its kept perfectly centered via hub-centric machining, and clamping force is on the three bolts bolts.

Hope this explains it a bit more in detail. Thanks!

Weistec Engineering

Last edited by Weistec; 05-07-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Wow nice work!

Nightmare v2.0?
I wouldn't worry about the quality of their work.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
We actually test what we sell.

Weistec Engineering
Looks badass. I might have to add this to the list even though I don't plan on going higher than stock size. What I quoted is the critical part. Other companies make the consumer the guinea pig. I'm glad at least someone is testing their product before selling to the public. I've seen way too many failures from shady companies. Then they change their company name and sell another product. An dusually the company isn't even in their name! You know who you are
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

shrimp boat
I'm glad to hear. Definitely an awesome looking product.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
The universal problem in the past has been, no warranty coverage on damaged crankshaft caused by pulley failure. So a tested pulley should have a warranty that covers all damage caused by a pulley failure, right?
Back in the day a new crank installed was north of $18k today maybe half that.
How many pullies have been made for the E55 now? A, E, R, V, S, and now W.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
The universal problem in the past has been, no warranty coverage on damaged crankshaft caused by pulley failure. So a tested pulley should have a warranty that covers all damage caused by a pulley failure, right?
Back in the day a new crank installed was north of $18k today maybe half that.
How many pullies have been made for the E55 now? A, E, R, V, S, and now W.
The issue mentioned previously (and a valid concern) is the supercharger ring breaking off. Since the ring is separate from the crank pulley, this is a completely different issue.

Other designs put all the load of both belts on the crank hub. Technically speaking, all the energy is absorbed by our hub as well but the crank pulley is mounted completely separate from the hub which alleviates this issue. This part of it has been ran on our M156 pulley for the past few years with absolutely no issues. Hope this helps.

Our pulley is the best solution for those seeking more power because the provision of adding extra key ways is made very simple and implemented in this part. High RPM, hard fast shifts, etc. will tear apart the single woodruff key. We would hate to see any of you deal with this because it typically requires a complete overhaul of the engine and possibly a new crankshaft. Let us learn the hard way and offer the solution!

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
The issue mentioned previously (and a valid concern) is the supercharger ring breaking off. Since the ring is separate from the crank pulley, this is a completely different issue.

Other designs put all the load of both belts on the crank hub. Technically speaking, all the energy is absorbed by our hub as well but the crank pulley is mounted completely separate from the hub which alleviates this issue. This part of it has been ran on our M156 pulley for the past few years with absolutely no issues. Hope this helps.

Our pulley is the best solution for those seeking more power because the provision of adding extra key ways is made very simple and implemented in this part. High RPM, hard fast shifts, etc. will tear apart the single woodruff key. We would hate to see any of you deal with this because it typically requires a complete overhaul of the engine and possibly a new crankshaft. Let us learn the hard way and offer the solution!

Weistec Engineering
Very tempting.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
What kind of testing was done on it? Looks great but I've been down that road before and it didn't end well.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
That is a very nice looking piece.

I would like to know more about the fluid dampening part and how that works.

Is the outer belt drive ring on the normal belt drive connected directly to the hub, if not how is it driven?

The supercharger drive ring, is that connected directly to the hub or the other belt drive ring?

How does the fluid work and what is absorbing the torsional vibration?

Want to make it clear that I am not trying to be a jerk here, I am generally interested in how this works. Looks like you put some real thought into this.

G
Old 05-08-2014, 03:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Originally Posted by berti_00
beautiful stuff
+1
Old 05-08-2014, 04:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 W211 E55
Hi

Interesting.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 05-08-2014, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
That looks really really good, like it was designed to be the best so that no one can top it.
I like that mind set.
Any idea on life expectancy?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 AM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Weistec,

Very nice...thanks for supporting the E55.

Would love to see you produce a kit that includes an upper pulley that ditches the clutch...fully sorted and complete with tune.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by Gadget
That is a very nice looking piece.

I would like to know more about the fluid dampening part and how that works.

Is the outer belt drive ring on the normal belt drive connected directly to the hub, if not how is it driven?

The supercharger drive ring, is that connected directly to the hub or the other belt drive ring?

How does the fluid work and what is absorbing the torsional vibration?

Want to make it clear that I am not trying to be a jerk here, I am generally interested in how this works. Looks like you put some real thought into this.

G
We do have very detailed information on how the fluid dampening works and how it is assembled on our website. Check out the link below.

http://weistec.com/m113kmodularcrankpulley.html

Both the crank pulley (fluid dampened 6-rib pulley) and the supercharger ring are mounted through to the steel hub. They are however mounted separately which means you are not putting all the load of both belts and all harmonics through the same bolts that hold both assemblies together. Mounting hardware is separate for the crank pulley and supercharger ring. Let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 2005
Is there a harmonic balancer?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
What kind of testing was done on it? Looks great but I've been down that road before and it didn't end well.
We put all of our parts through serious scrutiny. The pulley has ran on multiple cars before we even released our supercharger system for the M113K. We also do material testing on all of our parts to ensure the best quality, and we also quality control all parts after machining via FARO arm.

The actual fluid dampening portion of it that takes far more engineering that keeping a pulley in tact has been ran on our M156 supercharger system for many years now with no failures at all.

Weistec Engineering

Last edited by Weistec; 05-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by macko
Is there a harmonic balancer?
These engines have zero balanced rotating assemblies, therefore our crank pulley does not act as a balancer. It does dampen harmonics via the fluid dampening technology inside the pulley. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
I can see I will have to order two of them. One to take apart so I can understand what is going on inside of there and one to put on the car.

I remember that digital watch I got long time ago. Did not last an hour....

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Engineering M113K Modular Supercharger Pulley