W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I would never buy anything ASP again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, E55 AMG
No ones cursing on you, i actually feel horrible you had this happen to you. Im just saying this is the first of the ASP idlers i have seen go bad. We arent talking about the supercharger pulleys, alot of R & D went into making those and like any product mistakes are made lessons are learned and everyone moves on, refines the product to make it stronger. Sure no product is perfect when it first comes out, that goes for everything made in this world, car manufacturers even have recalls.

These ASP idlers though have been out for a long time. 1 failure (of the idlers were not talking supercharger pulleys here) and its a Sh** storm where everyone blames the vendor. Think about how you would feel if your reputation gets tarnished by bad mouthing and you cant make a livelihood doing something you love.

If Shardul didnt care and wasnt here to help, sold crappy products he didnt stand behind you think he would be up at all hours of the night helping others. No ball groping here as you call it, but Sharduls an asset to this community. For people to exchange warrantied parts over internet transactions tells you alot about their character and willingness to help. Sh** its hard enough exchanging a pair of jocks/draws at a department store for a default in the stitching face to face with the bit*h who runs the damn thing
Old 08-20-2014, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Besides you still not stepping up and accepting your portion of the blame, I never did get a response as to why you're not assigning any blame to the installer. Who performed the work?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RAWE55
No ones cursing on you, i actually feel horrible you had this happen to you. Im just saying this is the first of the ASP idlers i have seen go bad. We arent talking about the supercharger pulleys, alot of R & D went into making those and like any product mistakes are made lessons are learned and everyone moves on, refines the product to make it stronger. Sure no product is perfect when it first comes out, that goes for everything made in this world, car manufacturers even have recalls.

These ASP idlers though have been out for a long time. 1 failure (of the idlers were not talking supercharger pulleys here) and its a Sh** storm where everyone blames the vendor. Think about how you would feel if your reputation gets tarnished by bad mouthing and you cant make a livelihood doing something you love.

If Shardul didnt care and wasnt here to help, sold crappy products he didnt stand behind you think he would be up at all hours of the night helping others. No ball groping here as you call it, but Sharduls an asset to this community. For people to exchange warrantied parts over internet transactions tells you alot about their character and willingness to help. Sh** its hard enough exchanging a pair of jocks/draws at a department store for a default in the stitching face to face with the bit*h who runs the damn thing

I don't understand what part of "it's warrantied by ASP" you don't understand, as a dealer of their product that is part of his duty... that's not doing anything extra.

this was not a garage sale, this was a legitimate transaction for a brand new part from a "legitimate" company.

I bought the parts over the internet, how else do you expect them to be exchanged? Do you expect me to fly out to Texas for some idler pulleys?

And because you think it can be annoying to return/exchange a pair of "jocks" has nothing to do with this and really isn't an excuse.
Because a Honda civic is slow, if my car is not running right then I should be happy I can still beat a Civic?

Last edited by cwmateiuc; 08-20-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:57 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Besides you still not stepping up and accepting your portion of the blame, I never did get a response as to why you're not assigning any blame to the installer. Who performed the work?
And I never got a response to my questions to you, either.

Do you take your car to the shop to put air in the tire?
It doesn't take an engineer to fly out from Germany to install a set of idler pulleys.

This is a part that is designed to fit in the factory location with the factory bolt.

As long as the pulley has no play and spins straight and is aligned with the belt, no need to call NASA.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:07 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by shardul
Thanks for all the comments guys.
Customer was taken care of couple of months ago, and I would be willing to help him in the future if need arises no bad feelings. I have helped all the people that I can, now for some reason if someone has had a bad experience in dealing with me I am sorry. Contact me and I will make amends.
Nothing else I can do but to move on.
First and last post in this Shardul beating thread lol
Wait.. you'll be willing to help? So that comment on my airmatic thread that you deleted quickly was helping? Why did you delete it. You're a troll, trolling the people on this forum that spend money with you.

You assure people that your STAR systems aren't the ones from China that they sell on Ali Express, yet that's exactly what they are. You buy them and add in a few hundred for your profit and then knock the Ali Express product so you can sell yours.

You make a pulley and then use people as Guinea Pigs. And apparently you don't cover the damages that your pulley causes.

You ran a "legitimate" business on a forum not paying as a sponsor while others were.

You "gain" the forum member's trust and then use it for your gains and then blow everyone off, talk ****, and then post "I would be willing to help him in the future if need arises no bad feelings" LOL.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, E55 AMG
Open quotation marks " OK " close quotation marks. How fast a civic is has nothing to do with me trying to explain by using a metaphoric example how difficult exchanging warrantied/defective parts can be even when in person
Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RAWE55
Open quotation marks " OK " close quotation marks. How fast a civic is has nothing to do with me trying to explain by using a metaphoric example how difficult exchanging warrantied/defective parts can be even when in person
Well, you're trying to use that as a benchmark to compensate for his service being ****ty.

My metaphor isn't that hard to understand.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cwmateiuc
And I never got a response to my questions to you, either.

Do you take your car to the shop to put air in the tire?
It doesn't take an engineer to fly out from Germany to install a set of idler pulleys.

This is a part that is designed to fit in the factory location with the factory bolt.

As long as the pulley has no play and spins straight and is aligned with the belt, no need to call NASA.
Lol, so without actually admitting it, YOU performed the install! And you're right there's no need to call NASA but I typically like to use a torque wrench to spec instead of eyeballing that it appears to be attached and spinning. Knowing that you did the work, many vendors would laugh in your face (warranty or not) about any replacement or refund. It appears Shardul has gone above and beyond what's required.

If you're talking about the original tire question...if I took my car to the dealer to show him cords showing through the tread and he said it was ok to drive on...the answer is NO, I would have common sense enough to NOT drive on it regardless of what someone else told me.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:14 PM

2005 E55 silver
this thread should be changed to "How to lose friends and car help - 101"

Step 1 - Bash a respected forum member who goes out of his way to help everyone and ship parts on good faith that old ones will be sent back.

Step 2- start arguing with everyone.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:18 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Lol, so without actually admitting it, YOU performed the install! And you're right there's no need to call NASA but I typically like to use a torque wrench to spec instead of eyeballing that it appears to be attached and spinning. Knowing that you did the work, many vendors would laugh in your face (warranty or not) about any replacement or refund. It appears Shardul has gone above and beyond what's required.

If you're talking about the original tire question...if I took my car to the dealer to show him cords showing through the tread and he said it was ok to drive on...the answer is NO, I would have common sense enough to NOT drive on it regardless of what someone else told me.
Yes I did perform the install, and yes I do own a torque wrench! Well, there were no chords coming out of my tire and I never asked for his opinion. I actually told him that I need that pulley that was out of stock or I can't drive the car, and that is when he reassured me that it was fine to drive more than once.

The part that you seem to keep misreading, I made bold and I underlined it for you.

Oh, I would like you to elaborate on how you use a torque wrench to make sure is pulley is properly aligned with a belt and spins straight... Show us, maybe a DIY thread.

Plus if you had any experience you'd also know that a misaligned pulley will usually shred belts, not take 15k miles to melt into pieces.

Plus... Please explain how this specific pulley can really be put on wrong?

Last edited by cwmateiuc; 08-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Freak
this thread should be changed to "How to lose friends and car help - 101"

Step 1 - Bash a respected forum member who goes out of his way to help everyone and ship parts on good faith that old ones will be sent back.

Step 2- start arguing with everyone.
LOL. So because he's "respected" on the forum, that means what to me in my situation? It really doesn't change ANYTHING.

Good faith? It's called warranty, I must have explained that part at least 5 times already, but it seems you can't fathom that part.

Car help? Please do explain, since you know so much about me... and how I'm "losing car help"

I explained why I would not buy their products, it's that simple. If you want to go give Shardul a foot massage because he taught you how to make your Nav screen say AMG... then be my guest.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:33 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
This thread is going nowhere very fast
Old 08-20-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
did shardul replace the pulley that went bad?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:42 PM

2005 E55 silver
LOL. So because he's "respected" on the forum, that means what to me in my situation? It really doesn't change ANYTHING.

Good faith? It's called warranty, I must have explained that part at least 5 times already, but it seems you can't fathom that part.

Car help? Please do explain, since you know so much about me... and how I'm "losing car help"

I explained why I would not buy their products, it's that simple. If you want to go give Shardul a foot massage because he taught you how to make your Nav screen say AMG... then be my guest.
you proved my point...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
Please show me a single performance part manufacturer (in writing) that will not only replace the part (which is super rare) but offer to pay for collateral damages, incidentals, etc.

Look for it the same place you find unicorns and hot women who are sane.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MindBend
Please show me a single performance part manufacturer (in writing) that will not only replace the part (which is super rare) but offer to pay for collateral damages, incidentals, etc.

Look for it the same place you find unicorns and hot women who are sane.
lol

Obviously no one is stupid enough to put that in writing, but a brand new part a company sold me caused damage to my vehicle. And there is a reasonable expectation that this will not happen.

Clearly I didn't post this asking for anyone to pay for anything, I explained my experience with the vendor and the product and why I will never buy anything by ASP and/or from that vendor again.

And by the way, this specific part is not really a performance part. Just an aftermarket idler pulley that is shiny.

Last edited by cwmateiuc; 08-20-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes I did perform the install, and yes I do own a torque wrench! Well, there were no chords coming out of my tire and I never asked for his opinion. I actually told him that I need that pulley that was out of stock or I can't drive the car, and that is when he reassured me that it was fine to drive more than once.

The part that you seem to keep misreading, I made bold and I underlined it for you.

Oh, I would like you to elaborate on how you use a torque wrench to make sure is pulley is properly aligned with a belt and spins straight... Show us, maybe a DIY thread.

Plus if you had any experience you'd also know that a misaligned pulley will usually shred belts, not take 15k miles to melt into pieces.

Plus... Please explain how this specific pulley can really be put on wrong?
You're beyond reproach. Good luck in life...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
This situation is ALL part of modding, parts break, we all know this. I had my SC pulley break a spring, spoke with Shardul a new one was on the way that day. Had to pay for a new install but that's all part of the modding process.. Parts Break...

This thread should be closed..
Old 08-20-2014, 03:54 PM

2006 E55 AMG
You're beyond reproach. Good luck in life...
Same to you and your torque wrench
Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
I agree that it should not happen....but in the performance world stuff DOES. (one would think a pulley wouldn't, but...) Luckily it wasn't worse, like a failed crank pulley!

I'd certainly put more blame onto the manufacturer than I would the vendor.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MindBend
I agree that it should not happen....but in the performance world stuff DOES. (one would think a pulley wouldn't, but...) Luckily it wasn't worse, like a failed crank pulley!

I'd certainly put more blame onto the manufacturer than I would the vendor.
Yes, you are right about that. I just don't like being cursed at by a vendor and having sarcastic comments posted on a thread on created and then deleted right away, which I'm pretty sure were because of the whole pulley ordeal.

Which adds to the reason I will not only never use ASP, but never buy or deal with that vendor. And why I actually decided to post my experience.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
In what manner did you speak to him on the phone?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Denroll
In what manner did you speak to him on the phone?
Spoke to him nicely. He actually didn't curse after I said "im not cursing at you and I don't need you cursing at me" or something along those lines.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After reading through this, there are probably more people that would justify swearing at you now...
Old 08-20-2014, 04:48 PM

2006 E55 AMG
After reading through this, there are probably more people that would justify swearing at you now...
Because I don't agree with you? Awww

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I would never buy anything ASP again.