Sponsored by:

Rage-Tek's twin turbo E55 AMG runs 10s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Kompressor
Originally Posted by whipplem104
If you are planning on running the transmission with another computer then you are not running a 4l80e from a chevy. I provide standalone tcus for the 722.6 transmission and others and we have a tremendous amount of work making it reliable in the firmware. Shifting it is easy. Keeping it in the correct sequence and working well is not. If you are talking about creating a tq map to provide the factory tcu with the correct info then you are back to CAN integration and a lot of dyno work to provide an accurate tq map. Then receiving can data to perform your tq reduction. All doable but not a simple piggy back is all.
If you need any info I might be able to help.
Here's what Ive came to understand. Timing is pulled at shifts based on output expectations (in a fairly linear fashion probably from -5* to -25* based on what im logging, and my logging parameters aren't very efficient) whatever information being sent over CAN between the ecu and tcu really isn't expected to be pertinent to mimicking the ability to pull timing upon shifting, if I can read shift solenoid Voltage or activation, ill simply have to add a secondary microcontroller coded to say when solenoids engage to shift up, send a signal to the secondary ecu to pull power on a axis setup based on load. Can integration isn't capable currently with haltech elite for the end user (yet), and honestly i don't have enough experience reverse engineering CAN to really be successful at it, as well as it is very time consuming.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by EREBUS
time to modify, then
I have thought about it many times. Still consider a Renntech stage one every now and then. It's good to see homeboys on the forum. I'm a few towns south and one or two east, where the boys play ball inside in the winter and outside in the summer.