W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy bluetooth if you have the iPod cable...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
i tried 5 different 30 pin bluetooth adapters before settling with the Viseeo WMA1000.

first one i got a NAXA Bluetooth 3.0 device. Worked, but sound quality was that of AM radio
second one from fry's was a cheap one called GTI, worked great, sounded awesome, costed $25.
third i tried from ebay was a Bluetooth 4.0 unit. Didn't work, sound quality was good in my bose sound dock.
fourth from ebay, was a bluetooth 2.0, didn't work, sound quality was amazing in my bose sound dock.
fifth, was from ebay, was a bluetooth 2.1, didn't work. sound quality was pretty solid in my bose sound dock.

Viseoo, worked in car instantly...sound quality works. Viseoo also seems to be the only adapter on the market that supports track forward/back, as well as music library listing if you have an apple product and your radio supports music library display.

as i didn't have a scosche passport charging voltage adapter so couldn't tell you if that would enable those bluetooth adapters to work. i would have loved to try them though with the scosche passport though. the scosche passport charging adapter basically drops the voltage from 12v to 5v to enable the device to work if it does not have its own power supply.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 02-18-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
If you don't have any power, it's a voltage issue. You can buy an ipod charging adapter on ebay. I think they went from 12v to 5v or vice versa. Because of quality complaints, I just went with an Ipod Touch. First apple product for me. I load spotify on it and I just have to bring it in once a month to sync it. You can get older version of the ipod touch on cowboom which is owned by best buy. Some of the 2nd-4th gen ipod touch range from $30-$100.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:58 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
well i think some of these adapters aren't seeing 5v then are shutting themselves off.

pretty much car 30 pin adapters are 12v, and only newer usb based ipod adapters are 5v. those generally support usb mass storage music through the same port.

beyond the Viseeo WMA1000, this adapter is the only other one i've ever gotten to work without any other adapters. The GTI adapter worked fine as a dummy audio device. Dash displayed iPOD ERROR, and i was not able to move track forward or back.

http://www.frys.com/product/7672107

These are the ones that did not work, and did not power on.

NAXA Bluetooth 3.0, Worked, dash displayed error, but audio was worse than AM radio quality.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
well - the cheap one didn't work, but it works on my kid's 30-pin dock...

screw it - i'm going to try the Viseeo WMA1000

Last edited by Toadster; 02-20-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
E63S
I went Viseeo. Like others I tried many and only one other one worked which was the CoolStream Duo. There was no dash display and the audio quality was problematic. You had to crank it up which gave all this background noise and even then the actual music was not all that loud.

The Viseeo does sound clearer (there is some raspyness that is very slight) and overall is not bad at all. The display and controls work in the cash which is great.

Cons are that its really grabby for the bluetooth connection. You cannot use Siri, it starts to go and before it dings it cuts back over to music. You also cannot stream certain things. For example Sirius Satellite Radio, which sounds better streaming and does not cut out over each overpass I drive under, does not stream live radio. It plays for 1 second then cuts out for 3. It does work if you go into the OnDemand area of the Sirius app and play from there (works great for Howard Stern since there is less commercials anyway).

All in all its the best out there just but not perfect. This is with an iPhone 6+.

Alex
Old 02-20-2015, 04:18 PM

E63S
I just saw this on their site (which seems like a band-aid for bad code to me) but its worth a shot I guess:

Code:
 Pls follow the steps :
    1. Press Pause ON/OFF button from car console to pause iPhone music.
    2. Press iPhone home button to activate Siri.
    3. Select the handsfree device e.g. (Audi UHV 3129 ) from iPhone.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
ugh - Viseeo doesn't work on my setup either

I get power and can connect via bluetooth, but NO audio at all

wtf? it's plugged into the system as AUX port from the center console....
Old 02-23-2015, 01:28 PM

E63S
Originally Posted by Toadster
ugh - Viseeo doesn't work on my setup either

I get power and can connect via bluetooth, but NO audio at all

wtf? it's plugged into the system as AUX port from the center console....
Hmmm center console? Could be that your setup is not OEM Mercedes? I thought all OEM Merc Aux ports were done through the glove box. Only thing in my center console is the MB Bluetooth Hands Free module.

EDIT: Also, does it say iPod in the dash? If the system see's the module it should.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:42 PM

E63S
Could try something from here as well:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/home.php?cat=278
Old 02-23-2015, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by agregory23
Hmmm center console? Could be that your setup is not OEM Mercedes? I thought all OEM Merc Aux ports were done through the glove box. Only thing in my center console is the MB Bluetooth Hands Free module.

EDIT: Also, does it say iPod in the dash? If the system see's the module it should.
the prior owner had it installed at the dealership, AUX port on the back of the COMAND unit (i believe) - it's not that great of audio with the 30-pin connector (on my older iPhone) - but now that I have the lightning connector I don't really have a connection at all...

I have no connection in the glovebox
Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Walmart sells a 30 pin adapter to lighting connector for around $22. Then Cowboom also sells a 4th gen ipod touch for $60, but you'll need a voltage adapter if you want it to charge.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Walmart sells a 30 pin adapter to lighting connector for around $22. Then Cowboom also sells a 4th gen ipod touch for $60, but you'll need a voltage adapter if you want it to charge.
yes, but I just want bluetooth on my 30-pin - don't want to fuss with opening the center console each time I want to play stuff from my iphone LOL
Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Toadster
yes, but I just want bluetooth on my 30-pin - don't want to fuss with opening the center console each time I want to play stuff from my iphone LOL
I have the ipod touch in my glove box. I don't have to open it every time I want to play music. I have spotify loaded on it and a playlist selected. Every time I start the car, it picks up where it left off. Once the playlist ends, if I hit the buttons, it starts up at the top again. I use wifi to sync my playlists so I don't have to load any music onto it, I just adjust the playlist on my computer and every time it syncs, it grabs all the new music.

I've tried bluetooth in other cars and it's not 100%, occasionally the device will skip as it loses the connection for a sec or so. Very annoying which is why I've stayed away from bluetooth. I think if you read the other reviews about bluetooth on here, you'll find the same thing. No skipping when you're directly connected. Plus as others have mentioned, the sound quality isn't as good.