Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Mods For W211 E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e55 AMG
This is kleeman headers, primary & secondary cats deleted and stock mufflers. Quiet while cruising, slight drone around 1200 RPMs and nasty @ WOT. Still would like a set of c63 mufflers though.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by Syntaxerror
It's not too often C63, E63, and etc., exhaust systems pop up for sale at a decent price, so the x pipe and resonator mod sounds good, but if it's worth waiting and saving for a C63 exhaust, then I'll just do that.
It really is worth it lol. I live in Houston and it was about 95 degrees yesterday, but that didn't stop me from driving windows down and foot to the floor. By far the best sounding mod I've done. I also have my resonator removed and replaced with 2 straight pipes which I may or may not change to an x-pipe. Only time can tell
Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
I have a exhaust build thread somewhere check it out
Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM

Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by berti_00
I have a exhaust build thread somewhere check it out
Where you the one that changed all your pipe to 3"?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
That would be me.. Mandrel bend 3" header back
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Mercedes E55
That would be me.. Mandrel bend 3" header back
should have read the sig lol. By far my favorite sounding exhaust
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
I have C63 mufflers only. Everything else is stock and I like the way it sounds.

I'm afraid headers will make it too loud. I need to drive clients around sometimes. Plus wife.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by BagMan
I have C63 mufflers only. Everything else is stock and I like the way it sounds.

I'm afraid headers will make it too loud. I need to drive clients around sometimes. Plus wife.
Any audio or video clips? I have headers and stock exhaust
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Any audio or video clips? I have headers and stock exhaust
I'll try to get some.

I know Alps and Armo posted YT clips here of C63 muffs on stock exhaust
Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55

Go for the headers, and I would recommend an x pipe (keeps the drone down)
If you drive "normal" nobody will even guess, or suspect you have anything done to the car.
It's a different story when your wot. So you can take your clients or wife for a ride and you can maintain a normal conversation.

I was hesitant also, but I'm glad I did it.

Good Luck
Old 09-04-2014, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
^^exactly what he said... You can't hear my car coming by cruising but if I go wot everyone around and their grandma is going to look at what's coming lol... If anyone wants to see the exhaust work check my thread of my build
Old 09-04-2014, 11:24 AM

07 Mercedes Benz e63
Don't know if this will help but i did a resonator delete and removed my charcoal filters and my e63 is pretty damn loud.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:45 AM

E55 AMG
Ok, so I've decided to go with the x-pipe/resenator delete for now. For the x-pipe, which diameter is best and what other hardware is needed?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^exactly what he said... You can't hear my car coming by cruising but if I go wot everyone around and their grandma is going to look at what's coming lol... If anyone wants to see the exhaust work check my thread of my build
I remember bumping into you on Alligator Alley one night a couple of years ago. Your WOT is too loud for me. Sounded great, but I can't go there.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:30 PM

2003 E55 AMG
couple of clips of my car for sound reference.
all Exhaust system is stock except the pair of Eisenmann race mufflers.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
I remember bumping into you on Alligator Alley one night a couple of years ago. Your WOT is too loud for me. Sounded great, but I can't go there.
Oh yah I remember that lol you were with your wife and in-laws or something.. Well it sounds alot better now with the new system and it's all free flowing bigger etc.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh yah I remember that lol you were with your wife and in-laws or something.. Well it sounds alot better now with the new system and it's all free flowing bigger etc.
Yeah. That was it. I had an e500 back then.

I'll have to check your new system out sometime
Old 09-04-2014, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Eisenmann is my vote, if they weren't so damn expensive
Old 09-04-2014, 04:30 PM

05 E55
Does anything give you Eisenmann type sound without costing 2500?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
2004 W211 E55 AMG >>gone but not forgotten > W123 280E > W124 E280 > W126 380SE
You've got a wicked sound happening there bro with a beautiful exhaust setup and one of the cleanest rides full stop. I suggest to anyone that wants to hear how good an E55 can sound with a little work to take a look at your vids.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Originally Posted by edan82
Eisenmann is what you want.

You still don't know that's what you want but trust me on this one- you want Eisenmann mufflers.

I got the Eisenmann Race mufflers- it's a freak'n machine gun, what a symphony!
LISTEN TO HIM. I have two E55s, and have read every thread on this. I'm thinking about posting a new thread on this to help everyone out with sound and video. Why? Because I lived with stock for ten years. On one E55 I bought gutted mufflers (which followed the red diagram method outlined in another post). Barely made a difference. X pipes same thing. I then added my twist and did a different type of gut to the mufflers (i'll have pics), and that GREATLY helped sound. So, let's be clear... big gains in sound are found in the mufflers, and mufflers alone. Headers will help that sound, but headers alone will do little. I know this for a fact because I got tired of reading different opinions and guesses.

Ironically, as the final test I put Eisenmann sports on my other E55. Ok, they both make a lot of sound now. But the Eisenmann sounds like what you want. The other sounds like a muscle car, but not exquisite. Do Eisenmann.

Will post videos of all 3 configurations if enough people want it:

1) Standard gut where people cut the first loop going to rear chamber. Sound goes from stock to a bit more jet like. Filler / fiber left in.
2) Aggressive gut where the two pipes coming OUT of the rear chamber are also cut, causing incoming air to fill up rear chamber AND exit at the same time. Fibers left in and around rear small chamber, but taken out in the front. We did a quick bar weld to hold them there to avoid the "can of bees" someone else had. No rattle, works perfect. Much more aggressive. This should be the gutted muffler method of choice should someone want to do this. I have pics too. With sound. This by far is the cheapest mod which yields results you won't wonder about, and it sounds much better than a straight pipe (which I tried too). Cleaner. Just not in the same league as the eisenmann's
3) Eisenmann Sports (w/ Kleeman headers). By far the sexist sound. RACE would be a little too much for me I'm guessing. Video and sound as well.

Just need motivation.

Last edited by FlyByNight; 09-08-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:27 AM

2003 e55 AMG
Originally Posted by FlyByNight
LISTEN TO HIM. I have two E55s, and have read every thread on this. I'm thinking about posting a new thread on this to help everyone out with sound and video. Why? Because I lived with stock for ten years. On one E55 I bought gutted mufflers (which followed the red diagram method outlined in another post). Barely made a difference. X pipes same thing. I then added my twist and did a different type of gut to the mufflers (i'll have pics), and that GREATLY helped sound. So, let's be clear... big gains in sound are found in the mufflers, and mufflers alone. Headers will help that sound, but headers alone will do little. I know this for a fact because I got tired of reading different opinions and guesses.

Ironically, as the final test I put Eisenmann sports on my other E55. Ok, they both make a lot of sound now. But the Eisenmann sounds like what you want. The other sounds like a muscle car, but not exquisite. Do Eisenmann.

1) Standard gut where people cut the first loop going to rear chamber. Sound goes from stock to a bit more jet like. Filler / fiber left in.
2) Aggressive gut where the two pipes coming OUT of the rear chamber are also cut, causing incoming air to fill up rear chamber AND exit at the same time. Fibers left in and around rear small chamber, but taken out in the front. We did a quick bar weld to hold them there to avoid the "can of bees" someone else had. No rattle, works perfect. Much more aggressive. This should be the gutted muffler method of choice should someone want to do this. I have pics too. With sound. This by far is the cheapest mod which yields results you won't wonder about, and it sounds much better than a straight pipe (which I tried too). Cleaner. Just not in the same league as the eisenmann's
3) Eisenmann Sports (w/ Kleeman headers). By far the sexist sound. RACE would be a little too much for me I'm guessing. Video and sound as well.

Just need motivation.
Please post vids! In my opinion c63 mufflers by far sound the best...eisenmann to me sound to much like manga flow which sound to much like a boat. I've been debating this for a long time now bc the stock mufflers are just too tame.

If anyone has a video of kleeman headers with cats and resi deleted with c63 mufflers please post a vid of WOT... Curious of how loud it would be.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Mercedes E55
Here's a little clip of a dyno with the c63 mufflers on and resonator replaced with 2 straight pipes
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Mercedes E55
deleted.

Last edited by mobhouse; 09-12-2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: double post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:25 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by FlyByNight

Just need motivation.

Thanks for the input! Can you provide pics and a video for #2 that you posted? I might go that route for now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Mods For W211 E55?