Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AGAIN! --( I know) SOS malfunction...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
AGAIN! --( I know) SOS malfunction...

does anyone have any new insight to this problem? I have the SOS warning light (malfunction, visit workshop) in the cluster; radio attempts to fire up, gives the MB logo, stays lit for about 5-10 seconds, then it's off to noise land. No audio from any function. Have removed the trunk battery (and put a new one in yesterday), cleaned the spliltter for corosion, and taken and re-installed each item out of the MOST rign. Still, same result, which is nothing.
These cars can be SO frustrating. Does anyone have any new thoughts, or seen a new thread, or somethng I have not tried? I have not replaced any fuses, but think I'm going to try that next.
ANY suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you...
Old 09-26-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
I've had this happen three times since buying mine in July. Annoying as all hell. I replaced both batteries due to other issues, but this is still a thing. I've read on here that the SOS system can be disabled via STAR... I've yet to look into it.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Yeah, mine used to be intermittent....

but not anymore. Happens everytime at startup, and the radio and nav are now disabled. There has got to be someone out there that knows about this problem and can help us.

HELP!