Sponsored by:

Supercharged LS2 GTO spanked by bolt on E55 *video*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I'm getting a kick out off this. Hulk is right I am tuned for 91 but I've always run a 50/50 mix of ERC's 100 octane & Chevrons 91 dating back to 2008 when my car was stock (We all know Cali has crappy gas so why not protect yourself) yes Jeremy tuned my car (not Jerry) last I checked Jeremy is back in Australia so I don't think there's any chance of duplicating my conservative road tune. The only other tune similar to my tune belongs to Brendan aka "the smooth as silk tune"
I don't post trap speed ran at Sac because it causes too many arguments. I've made 5 total runs since I modded 3-4yrs ago. I had to re-learn how to launch to car all over again and in just 4 runs I went from 11.4 down to 10.9 most of it coming due to improved 60' and having done the sneaky ecu reset before I ran (the car needs time to adapt) and as when I was stock my 4th run has always been my quickest of the day. I wasn't happy with the 10.9 so I went out a couple of weeks later and on the 1st run I went 10.8 and went home so I'll never know what I can really run.
I will say that with a 1.63 60' there's some room for improvement. I do believe that my car has a 10.6x@130 in her if I switch to Hoosiers, spare front runners and a Braille battery. But for now I'm fine with what she runs. I would say get your car dyno tuned or get a road tune then you will know what your runs. Work with Jerry or Tony from BIP to get you custom canned tune (as close as you can get without them being there tune) get a tune and log your car and send your logs back and forth until you get it running how you want.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 10-12-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I'm getting a kick out off this. Hulk is right I am tuned for 91 but I've always run a 50/50 mix of ERC's 100 octane & Chevrons 91 dating back to 2008 when my car was stock (We all know Cali has crappy gas so why not protect yourself) yes Jeremy tuned my car (not Jerry) last I checked Jeremy is back in Australia so I don't think there's any chance of duplicating my conservative road tune. The only other tune similar to my tune belongs to Brendan aka "the smooth as silk tune"
I don't post trap speed ran at Sac because it causes too many arguments. I've made 5 total runs since I modded 3-4yrs ago. I had to re-learn how to launch to car all over again and in just 4 runs I went from 11.4 down to 10.9 most of it coming due to improved 60' and having done the sneaky ecu reset before I ran (the car needs time to adapt) and as when I was stock my 4th run has always been my quickest of the day. I wasn't happy with the 10.9 so I went out a couple of weeks later and on the 1st run I went 10.8 and went home so I'll never know what I can really run.
I will say that with a 1.63 60' there's some room for improvement. I do believe that my car has a 10.6x@130 in her if I switch to Hoosiers, spare front runners and a Braille battery. But for now I'm fine with what she runs. I would say get your car dyno tuned or get a road tune then you will know what your runs. Work with Jerry or Tony from BIP to get you custom canned tune (as close as you can get without them being there tune) get a tune and log your car and send your logs back and forth until you get it running how you want.

Jerry Jeremy pretty close I still mix up my new brother in laws name with my old ones.... 9 years later..... Sister doesnt love that.

You really inspired me. I never would have gone home that night and looked up E55s for sale if I hadnt seen your car run like that. Full weight, four doors, and a real trunk running 10s I think I had my E pretty shortly after that day. Always liked them just didnt know they could be made so fast with so little. Tossed my mods on first week I owned it and have loved it ever since. Mirrored a lot of your main mods. You should think about adding the Killer Chiller. Think you would love it for daily driving. Wouldnt have to add ice at track either not that you go there much. Do you launch with suspension raised ? Been doing that for 0-60 runs and it seems to be helping. Consistent 3.9s now (V-box no rollout) Had it in sport mode the one time I went to track with her. didnt know the car at all back then.

Need to get a dyno tune. I already have a OE tune and had hoped to fine tune it on the dyno with them but not so sure now.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by dllhg
Jerry Jeremy pretty close I still mix up my new brother in laws name with my old ones.... 9 years later..... Sister doesnt love that.

You really inspired me. I never would have gone home that night and looked up E55s for sale if I hadnt seen your car run like that. Full weight, four doors, and a real trunk running 10s I think I had my E pretty shortly after that day. Always liked them just didnt know they could be made so fast with so little. Tossed my mods on first week I owned it and have loved it ever since. Mirrored a lot of your main mods. You should think about adding the Killer Chiller. Think you would love it for daily driving. Wouldnt have to add ice at track either not that you go there much. Do you launch with suspension raised ? Been doing that for 0-60 runs and it seems to be helping. Consistent 3.9s now (V-box no rollout) Had it in sport mode the one time I went to track with her. didnt know the car at all back then.

Need to get a dyno tune. I already have a OE tune and had hoped to fine tune it on the dyno with them but not so sure now.
Launch with the suspension raised and shock setting on normal (console lights off) take the slack out of the drivetrain then launch off idle. No killer chiller for me as I'm done doing performance mods and have been for a couple of years now. I've only put 13.5k miles on it since I bought it back in dec 04. The owner of the dealership drove it around after it was done being a press car. (Bought in AZ)
Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Launch with the suspension raised and shock setting on normal (console lights off) take the slack out of the drivetrain then launch off idle. No killer chiller for me as I'm done doing performance mods and have been for a couple of years now. I've only put 13.5k miles on it since I bought it back in dec 04. The owner of the dealership drove it around after it was done being a press car. (Bought in AZ)
You only driver her about 100 miles per month ? That is quite a garage queen wow ! I did that with my GTO but only because I liked driving the E a lot better.

Yeah I didnt know what the hell I was doing the first time out. I have known for a long time to have it on comfort setting. Raised you mean pushing the button to raise the car an additional inch over comfort correct ? Been hitting my best 0-60s with it raised, not sure if that is why without more testing.