Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007 | 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Total BS

Originally Posted by atlantaclassic
Gentlemen,

I am the representative from Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth, GA with the Presidents Edition E55 for sale. To avoid any further bashing of our good company reputation, I would like to educate you guys on what The Presidents Edition is all about.

First of all, there are 42 of these in existence, according to our market Manager for MB of North America (Jacksonville Region). These 42 field cars were driven very briefly by VP's of MBUSA and are equipped from the factory with the carbon fibre (very nice by the way), AMG crest on the center console ashtray cover, lighted door sills, comfort seats, and Nav(very rare for 2003 E Class cars). This is not a car that we "altered" in any way and it was as surprising to us as it is to all of you when it arrived. We did not know what the hell it was!!! But, after research and the several phone calls to Montvale, we became educated on what a Presidents Edition is.

Hopefully this will help. We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer and would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years.

If you have any additional questions about this car or any other Mercedes-Benz, I am very accessible.

Happy New Year!
Tommy Justice
Old 03-17-2007 | 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
MBWorld is a really tough crowd to please.

Before you call someone BS, look at the date that the original message was posted. It dated back to 2004.

I've seen more than 1 of these "President's Edition" E55 gone on sale on ebay in the last couple of years. Also, our board sponsor, MarcusBenz (Mark), also had posted pics of a "President's Edition" E55 on this board a while back. So, what ATL Classic Car said is definitely not BS. I think what he failed to mention is that it also comes with the 19" 2 piece Style IV rims. With that much options added, a price of tag of 10500 is pretty reasonable, considering AMG Manufaktur Black CF trim alone would have cost you 5K easily.
Old 03-17-2007 | 10:21 AM

2005 E55 silver
Yo So CAL. It states the car was sold in CO. Did you get it from Murray? Where abouts do you live?
Old 03-17-2007 | 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
I wouldn't mind some black CF for mine !!!!
Old 03-17-2007 | 10:58 AM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
The car was first registered in GA until December of 2006. Murray got the car in January it must have been a dealer to dealer trade ? The option is real, my sales person showed me all of the documantation showing the options listed. This option does exist.

CLK I live in Park Hill (Monaco and 17th ave.) I purchased the car last weekend from Murray. The car has a CPO until 9/09. They has the car almost 60 days. So they were ready to move it. The car looks brand new inside and out. It had a passport radar and laser jammer installed but they yanked it out. They also did $2800 in recon which was a great bonus.
Old 03-17-2007 | 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
What kind of lift (?) is that under the car ?
Old 03-17-2007 | 11:41 AM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
It's a Low rise lift you can get them from Bendpak and others. This one happens to be a Rotary lift I found it on CL it needed a little TLC when I got it. Ironically my buddy has been searching for one for months on CL. Most tire shops use these types of lifts. He found one basically identicle to mine and paid get this $150! They are about $1500 new. It has com in handy though doing suspension, brakes and wheel work is a breeze.

Old 03-17-2007 | 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Nice...I have 2 storage lifts in my 2.5 car so I can hold 4 cars. Harder to do suspension work but helps me with storage. Nice lift.
Old 03-17-2007 | 12:26 PM

Mercedes-Benz
So. Cal, I remember the ad for X50 on 6speed Can you PM me what you finally let it go for?
Old 03-17-2007 | 01:12 PM

If you take into consideration the Sportec BBK, Wheels ,CF air box, Europipe and misc parts that I parted out I walked away with $80K. Moral of the story part your highly modified car out before selling. And keep the stock parts that are not readily available.
Old 03-17-2007 | 01:48 PM

2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
Originally Posted by So. Cal CLK55
It's a Low rise lift you can get them from Bendpak and others.

...Now I remember you!!! welcome to the board man! your TT was always one of my fav's on 6speed.
Old 03-18-2007 | 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All the BS that is fit to print.

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
MBWorld is a really tough crowd to please.

Before you call someone BS, look at the date that the original message was posted. It dated back to 2004.

I've seen more than 1 of these "President's Edition" E55 gone on sale on ebay in the last couple of years. Also, our board sponsor, MarcusBenz (Mark), also had posted pics of a "President's Edition" E55 on this board a while back. So, what ATL Classic Car said is definitely not BS. I think what he failed to mention is that it also comes with the 19" 2 piece Style IV rims. With that much options added, a price of tag of 10500 is pretty reasonable, considering AMG Manufaktur Black CF trim alone would have cost you 5K easily.
OK Kev04c320,

Here is my BS
>>>"I am the representative from Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth, GA "<<<
representative, not Owner, Not new/used car sales manager, No proof he is who he says he is.

>>>"atlantaclassic Newbie Join Date: Jan 2004 Posts: 2"<<< 2 posts in entire history? Just a little short lived for huge creditability.

>>>"avoid any further bashing of our good company reputation"<<< Not one post bashed Atlanta Classic Cars in any way, A professional would never have commented on this.

>>>"I would like to educate you guys "<<< Oh we can hardly wait teacher.

>>>"what The Presidents Edition is all about"<<< I could care less as to what it is about, (at this point I think it is about pumping a used car on E-Bay) tell us what it is.

>>>" there are 42 of these in existence"<<< Good, hear/say no link, no proof.

>>>"according to our market Manager for MB of North America (Jacksonville Region)"<<< again who said? Who is market manager for MB of North America Jacksonville region?, dose he work at Atlanta Classics or Mercedes Benz?

>>>"cars were driven very briefly by VP's of MBUSA "<<< Last time I checked the "V" in vp stood for vice as in vice presidential, 42 VPs was one of them a market manager VP?

>>>"We did not know what the hell it was!!! "<<< First thing I believe. You didn't even know were it came from.

>>>"But, after research and the several phone calls to Montvale, we became educated on what a Presidents Edition is."<<< Well good, cause I thought the market manager Jacksonville had you all taken care of, best to get your facts from Montvale, what was that guys name again?

>>>"We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer "<<< With a super rare car, 1 of 42 in the entire world, on E-Bay.

>>>"would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years"<<< HA HA HA "Trust Me I Am A Car Dealer" or I claim to be...

>>>"Tommy Justice"<<< What no E-Mail, no Phone.
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/AddR...jsp?tid=656664

So Kev If you can offer proof that Tommy is for real and not someone using this form to pump a used car........ I stand by my BS post. If he was in fact the rep he could have posted pics and paper work here.
Do I believe that a presidential option exists? yes. And to the 42 lucky owners nice car. My intent is not to bash your cars. So. Cal CLK 55 brings the goods, plain and simple, pics and paper work no song and dance just the facts. Thanks, BTW nice car and looks like it got a good home.

In closing, If I were the owner of Atlanta Classics Cars and found my employee posting here, I would relive then of their position.

TOMMY! VRAA wants his 10%
Old 03-18-2007 | 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by So. Cal CLK55
The car was first registered in GA until December of 2006. Murray got the car in January it must have been a dealer to dealer trade ? The option is real, my sales person showed me all of the documantation showing the options listed. This option does exist.

CLK I live in Park Hill (Monaco and 17th ave.) I purchased the car last weekend from Murray. The car has a CPO until 9/09. They has the car almost 60 days. So they were ready to move it. The car looks brand new inside and out. It had a passport radar and laser jammer installed but they yanked it out. They also did $2800 in recon which was a great bonus.
I picked up my E from Murray in CO as well. Had it shipped to CA. They were sitting on the car for about 3 months and it was December so they wanted to move it as well. Got a great price on it and still love it. The customer service as kind of ****ty from the sales rep but oh well, still got the car i wanted for the price.
Old 03-18-2007 | 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
OK Kev04c320,

Here is my BS
>>>"I am the representative from Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth, GA "<<<
representative, not Owner, Not new/used car sales manager, No proof he is who he says he is.

>>>"atlantaclassic Newbie Join Date: Jan 2004 Posts: 2"<<< 2 posts in entire history? Just a little short lived for huge creditability.

>>>"avoid any further bashing of our good company reputation"<<< Not one post bashed Atlanta Classic Cars in any way, A professional would never have commented on this.

>>>"I would like to educate you guys "<<< Oh we can hardly wait teacher.

>>>"what The Presidents Edition is all about"<<< I could care less as to what it is about, (at this point I think it is about pumping a used car on E-Bay) tell us what it is.

>>>" there are 42 of these in existence"<<< Good, hear/say no link, no proof.

>>>"according to our market Manager for MB of North America (Jacksonville Region)"<<< again who said? Who is market manager for MB of North America Jacksonville region?, dose he work at Atlanta Classics or Mercedes Benz?

>>>"cars were driven very briefly by VP's of MBUSA "<<< Last time I checked the "V" in vp stood for vice as in vice presidential, 42 VPs was one of them a market manager VP?

>>>"We did not know what the hell it was!!! "<<< First thing I believe. You didn't even know were it came from.

>>>"But, after research and the several phone calls to Montvale, we became educated on what a Presidents Edition is."<<< Well good, cause I thought the market manager Jacksonville had you all taken care of, best to get your facts from Montvale, what was that guys name again?

>>>"We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer "<<< With a super rare car, 1 of 42 in the entire world, on E-Bay.

>>>"would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years"<<< HA HA HA "Trust Me I Am A Car Dealer" or I claim to be...

>>>"Tommy Justice"<<< What no E-Mail, no Phone.
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/AddR...jsp?tid=656664

So Kev If you can offer proof that Tommy is for real and not someone using this form to pump a used car........ I stand by my BS post. If he was in fact the rep he could have posted pics and paper work here.
Do I believe that a presidential option exists? yes. And to the 42 lucky owners nice car. My intent is not to bash your cars. So. Cal CLK 55 brings the goods, plain and simple, pics and paper work no song and dance just the facts. Thanks, BTW nice car and looks like it got a good home.

In closing, If I were the owner of Atlanta Classics Cars and found my employee posting here, I would relive then of their position.

TOMMY! VRAA wants his 10%
The President's Edition E55s were not driven by the VPs of MBs. They were brand new vehicles that were allocated to dealers across the country that had good sales record, like a little bonus for their hard work. I'm not sure how many are in existence. However, it is definitely not a used car sold as brand new vehicle. So, I can see where you're calling the sales person BS (aren't all salesperson supposed to be like that?). I stand corrected.
Old 03-19-2007 | 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Palm Beach Edition"

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
The President's Edition E55s were not driven by the VPs of MBs. They were brand new vehicles that were allocated to dealers across the country that had good sales record, like a little bonus for their hard work. I'm not sure how many are in existence. However, it is definitely not a used car sold as brand new vehicle. So, I can see where you're calling the sales person BS (aren't all salesperson supposed to be like that?). I stand corrected.
Now that sounds more along what I would expect, and I know other manufactures do same. I think they have a Neman Marcus E class, and a few other special Es too. Worth holding on to.
Reminds me of an acquaintance that had purchased a Lincoln from a dealer in Palm Beach (have you heard this one before?) and yes you guessed it, the dealer transformed the car in to a "Palm Beach Edition" by gluing a canvas cover on the roof that had two palm trees embroidered in gold thread and the words "Palm Beach Edition" under it. I have no idea what he paid for that. Apparently so much he felt compelled to point out to me.