2003 W211 E55 Presidents Edition?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2003 | 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
2003 W211 E55 Presidents Edition?

I had never heard of a President's Edition option. Did this come from the factory? Strange that this 2003 also has Navigation:

President's Edition $10,500.00
(The President's Edition includes Navigation, Comfort Seats, Lighted AMG Doorsills, FULL CARBON FIBER trim, and AMG badging in the interior.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6335
Old 12-28-2003 | 11:17 AM

2009 C63
I saw that car too.

The presidents edition is probably the president of the car stealership who is selling it...

ROB
Old 12-28-2003 | 01:29 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
The funny thing is I had only heard of good things from people when I was in atlanta about Atlantic Classic Cars. This is hardly something a respectable dealership would do.
Old 01-01-2004 | 10:20 AM

Angry E55 Presidents Edition

Gentlemen,

I am the representative from Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth, GA with the Presidents Edition E55 for sale. To avoid any further bashing of our good company reputation, I would like to educate you guys on what The Presidents Edition is all about.

First of all, there are 42 of these in existence, according to our market Manager for MB of North America (Jacksonville Region). These 42 field cars were driven very briefly by VP's of MBUSA and are equipped from the factory with the carbon fibre (very nice by the way), AMG crest on the center console ashtray cover, lighted door sills, comfort seats, and Nav(very rare for 2003 E Class cars). This is not a car that we "altered" in any way and it was as surprising to us as it is to all of you when it arrived. We did not know what the hell it was!!! But, after research and the several phone calls to Montvale, we became educated on what a Presidents Edition is.

Hopefully this will help. We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer and would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years.

If you have any additional questions about this car or any other Mercedes-Benz, I am very accessible.

Happy New Year!
Tommy Justice
Old 01-01-2004 | 11:40 AM

Maybe a dumb question but......

If there are supposedly 42 of these made why does your ebay ad say:
"VERY RARE!! This car will be sold as a NEW car. If you want the ultimate E55, this is it. Nobody else will have one of these!!!"

What happened to the other 41 made???
Or is this the only one painted Tectite Grey?
Old 01-01-2004 | 02:08 PM

2003 C32
Re: E55 Presidents Edition

Originally posted by atlantaclassic
[B]Gentlemen,

I am the representative from Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth, GA with the Presidents Edition E55 for sale. To avoid any further bashing of our good company reputation, I would like to educate you guys on what The Presidents Edition is all about.
Typical dealer noise; you're putting a large markup on a demo because it has COMAND that MB was supposed to get into the W211 all along, CF trim (that's easily ordered from AMG Manufaktur), and AMG badging on the interior (as opposed to all the AMGs that come without any interior identification). Will the warranty be extended by 2000 miles and a few months to compensate for how this VP thrashed this car? What option code is this, so I can order my next car so that its broken in by a VP who rides on my dime for free?

This isn't the place to come and try to lecture Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts about your good reputation; the people on this board make your life easier because we walk into dealerships like yours knowing what we want, which means you work less. We make it easier for your service department because we research what might be wrong with our vehicles on this board before we come into your establishment. Trying to tell us how rare and special something is and thinking we'll just swallow it because you say so is ludicrous.
Old 01-01-2004 | 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............I actually went in and saw this car in person. It looks quite nice with the carbon fiber trim and AMG insignia on the ashtray cover. But, factually this is used car and in my opinion should not be sold as a new car. I don't really understand..........is the designation of "used" or "new" a matter of opinion? In any case the car is quite nice. However, you can get your own presidents edition by optaining carbon fiber trim and illuminated door sills and bixenons. Many aftermarket companies can do this. It might end up costing the same.

.............Atlanta classic cars is probably one of the more progressive dealershipd. But MB dealers as a whole suffer from the lack of realization that their clients have changed. Many, like peolple on this board are quite well informed and it is the dealers that seem to know the least about the cars they sell. For instance, I will like to perform a Comand software update on my CLK, but service dept at Atlanta Classic cars have never heard of it. Days are gone when mercedes benz buyers were uninformed 60 year olds with a ton of cash and you can simply impress them by saying that the car is a "Presidents" edition.

Ted

Trending Topics

Old 01-01-2004 | 03:50 PM

2009 C63

Gentlemen,

First of all, there are 42 of these in existence, according to our market Manager for MB of North America (Jacksonville Region). These 42 field cars were driven very briefly by VP's of MBUSA and are equipped from the factory with the carbon fibre (very nice by the way), AMG crest on the center console ashtray cover, lighted door sills, comfort seats, and Nav(very rare for 2003 E Class cars). This is not a car that we "altered" in any way and it was as surprising to us as it is to all of you when it arrived. We did not know what the hell it was!!! But, after research and the several phone calls to Montvale, we became educated on what a Presidents Edition is.

Hopefully this will help. We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer and would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years.

If you have any additional questions about this car or any other Mercedes-Benz, I am very accessible.

Happy New Year!
Tommy Justice
I remember reading somewhere that the Federal Trade Commisions said that if a car had OVER 150 miles on the odometer it must be sold as USED!!!

Tommy, you come on our board hoping to boost your car, do it on ebay where it belongs. You don't need to impress any of us on here with your VP car

This whole thread is a bunch of

Oh yeah, the best quote was "...would appreciate the respect we have earned over the years." Respect your CUSTOMERS and NOT F them on a "USED" car.

ROB
Old 01-01-2004 | 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Welcome to mbworld, and one small thing, here, no one cares who you are, as long as you contribute in a good way, and if you are going to be advertising to sell something, your going to have to become a sponser. That's not an mbworld rule, that mine You gotta pay me! LOL!
Old 01-01-2004 | 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Boy, some members on this board are really tough on Tommy!

Hope they did not scare you away. Welcome anyway, Tommy.

I believe a used car may be classified as one that has been titled and not the amount of mileage. If the car has excessive miles then the buyer is to negotiate on the price of the car with respect to the mileage. Good Luck selling your Demo President's Edition E55.
Old 01-02-2004 | 02:56 AM

Nav might be rare on an '03... but it certainly isn't on an '04 which last I checked were quite freely available in any color you like (might have to wait a few weeks but such is life). Seems to me that the only out of the ordinary items on the car are the carbon fiber trim and the AMG insignia... what makes this car worth far more than a new one with comparable options, I have no clue. IMO it's used and I wouldn't pay over $75k for it.
Old 01-06-2004 | 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think I scared him away, man.. and I needed some money for my headphones..
Old 01-08-2004 | 11:07 PM

The VMI option codes and parts special version codes show nothing special about this car....matter of fact, they show that this car has less than what supposedly was factory installed.
Yes, it has 021 = designo leather and 772 = AMG styling package- front spoiler and side skirt, but that is about all the 'special items' are. Yes, it has 219 = distronic cruise and 475 = tire pressure control.

521 is Radio Audio 50 USA [without navagation] !?!?!?

WTF?!? This was supposed to be one its high dollar selling points!!

It has U36, but that is just "comand prefitting" and there were a lot of replaced 211's over that one......

There is no mention whatsoever about the carbon fibre trim. The only thing close is 954 = equipment package avantgarde but I really doubt this is the special carbon trim It has Y88 = trim code for 211076, but that just means E55.

On 9/22/03 with 320 miles on it, the car had a sign & drive flat tire repair......

The warranty start date for whoever buys this 'used car' will be 09/09/2003 no matter what the salesman tells the buyer. 4 months lost as of today.......
Old 01-09-2004 | 12:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

atlantaclassic: If what Karl posted is true (and I believe him!) I think your screwed.
Old 01-09-2004 | 07:36 AM

2009 C63

... We are definitely a VERY reputable MB dealer and would appreciate the respect that we have earned over the years.

Happy New Year!
Tommy Justice
Well Tommy, I think your respect "that you have earned over the years" is full of *****.

You *** MB stealers kill me. You rape everyone of us for sticker or over sticker on a car and still treat people like they are buying a yugo. I hade to fight for "free" accessories on mine.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS FREAKIN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROB
Old 01-09-2004 | 08:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
The car looks very nice, but I don't think it is worth what they are asking for regardless of miles, and talking about mile, the car can't be sold as used, it becomes a used car when it is titled.
So if someone at the dealership drives the car for a while and puts 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 8,000 miles is can't be sold as used because it hasn't been titled, although it has been used
However warranty does get "extended", usually your warranty starts with the odometer reading in this case you'd have warranty for 50k miles at the time of the purchase.

And the price can always be negociated, the more miles the "new"/"demo" car has the less value, but they are selling the car on the rareness of it, 42 cars in the US does mean it is rare.
Old 01-09-2004 | 08:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
If I had money to buy, I'd offer less than the $97k sticker price, but that's me, and I don't have any money right now to buy it
Old 01-09-2004 | 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bros, please stop whining about the price. If you want it buy it if you don't stop complaining. It is just an asking price. Anyone that wants the price is 'supposed' to negotiate the price of the car and consider the miles.

Regardless, of the price, miles, etc. it is a nice car with some unique options.
Old 01-09-2004 | 03:34 PM

"Bros, please stop whining about the price. If you want it buy it if you don't stop complaining. It is just an asking price. Anyone that wants the price is 'supposed' to negotiate the price of the car and consider the miles.

Regardless, of the price, miles, etc. it is a nice car with some unique options."

Old 01-09-2004 | 10:23 PM

That car is what is called a "Brass Hat" at MB dealerships. It means it was a demo ffom MBUSA and the dealership aquired it at a big discount. As a manufacturers demo it can be sold as a NEW car but the warranty started when the car was put in demo status, in this case 9/9/03. MBUSA MAY at its discretion extend the warranty for a max of 6 months and nothing on the mileage BUT this is VERY rare.

If this was a dealership demo, then it would have to be sold as a USED car no matter how many miles was put on it. This paragragh is true in California, other state motor vehicle rules may be different.....

When I listed the option codes earlier, I mentioned the word used as in "whoever buys this 'used' car" with quotes before and after. I did not imply that the car had to be sold as a used car but that it is a 'used' car. BIG difference!! If someone drove it and put a bunch of miles on it, then it is NOT a brand new car. On 9/22/2003 it had 320 miles on it. You guys ***** when the tech takes YOUR car on a extra 2 mile road test to get lunch!
Old 03-16-2007 | 07:09 PM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
I found this thread while researching my car. Ironically the car you guys were discussing is the car I purchased! Small world!!! The Carbon Fiber, color and the number of options really attracted me to the car. The President's Edition was the icing on the cake. The car is now in good hands. The modding has already begun. I will post better pics soon. Let me get some wheels and the other stuff I ordered first. If you have any questions about the car let me know.

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 03-16-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:13 PM

2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
So Cal- KICK *** CAR dude!!!! welcome to the board. I'm glad you posted pix as I could not find it on eBay. very cool garage BTW.
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:19 PM

w211e55
great car !! I like the carbon fiber trims, but Im not sure it's worth the $10K IMO, but Im wondering where can I get that carbon fiber trims on the market ?
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:23 PM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
The 10K included more then just the Carbon. Navigation, AMG lit door sills, and I believe 2 PC wheels (which were not on my car)
Old 03-17-2007 | 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
The link on ebay says it's been removed now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 W211 E55 Presidents Edition?